DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   1 & Only Wolfenstein: Tides of War thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/290639-1-only-wolfenstein-tides-war-thread.html)

jrutz 05-06-03 10:26 AM

1 & Only Wolfenstein: Tides of War thread

Combining previous threads:
Ship Date: 05/06/2003

Best Retail Deals:
  • Best Buy - $39.99 - $5 gamer's card coupon = $34.99 plus tax. Deal expires 05/10/03.
  • Best Buy - with bundle purchase of XBox Live Starter kit for $49.99: save $15 instantly = $39.99 + $49.99 - $15 instant - $5 gamer's card coupon = $69.98 plus tax. Deal expires 05/10/03.
Game Features:

Exclusive Xbox Features
  • Award-winning multiplayer via Xbox Live and SystemLink
  • Two-Player Cooperative Mode (split screen) through the single player campaign
  • All-new Elimination multiplayer game mode
  • Six exclusive new multiplayer levels
  • Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio and HDTV video support
  • New weapon: Shotgun
Other Features:
  • Complete updated single player campaign for console and console controllers
  • Prologue mission with seven new single player levels
  • Training level
  • New special items to overpower the Nazi army, zombies and X-creatures
  • Enhanced in-game movies
  • New in-game secrets with special rewards for finding all secrets on a level
  • Special bonuses for eliminating enemies via stealth
  • Auto Aim for better controller accuracy (toggleable on/off)
Post store findings and thoughts here!

Jeremy

Jackskeleton 05-06-03 11:25 AM

Can I start the one and only Enemy terrority thread? ;)

So how is the game on xbox? I loved it on PC. :) I hope one day consoles and PC's could play each other for a hands down end of all ends battle for format honor. ;)

s}{ammer 05-06-03 12:49 PM

I want this game but I am not sure I have the time to play it.

Stoolie 05-06-03 01:28 PM

Is this game completely different than the PC version of RtCW? I have that version and I enjoyed it, but I don't want to buy Tiders of War if it rehashes levels and gameplay I've already done.

Anybody know?

stoolie

jrutz 05-06-03 02:02 PM

Updated main post with game features.

Max Fischer 05-06-03 06:36 PM

Where is this deal at BestBuy about buying that game and Live together to save another 15 bux? I cant find it online or in the ad...

bmello 05-06-03 06:58 PM

Originally posted by Max Fischer
Where is this deal at BestBuy about buying that game and Live together to save another 15 bux? I cant find it online or in the ad...
Its inside the front cover of Sunday's ad.

Max Fischer 05-06-03 08:33 PM

on the inside of my ad it says you get a 10$ gc w/ the purchase of a ps2 game featured there...also above it there is pictures of xbox live! and wolfenstein...but nothing about a deal at all

whats w/ the differences?!?!?!

anyone else got it like mine?

Max Fischer 05-06-03 09:52 PM

ok...i typed in my own zip code and it wouldnt work...so i typed in "90210"...hehe...and i see the offer....so i downloaded that pdf file but it wont allow me to print it!

is there anyone who can help me get a printable version of that to take to my best buy or cc for a price match? thanx

SmackDaddy 05-07-03 08:32 AM

"alt+print scrn" on your Adobe window, then paste into Paint. Then, print away.

Bell65 05-07-03 11:09 AM

gamers card coupon

how does one get a gamers card coupon/deal?

sniper308 05-07-03 11:30 AM

Re: gamers card coupon

Originally posted by Bell65
how does one get a gamers card coupon/deal?
Check out

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=281703

jrutz 05-07-03 12:51 PM

Re: 1 & Only Wolfenstein: Tides of War thread

Originally posted by jrutz
Videogames Frequently Asked Questions List (for any questions regarding the Best Buy gamer's card coupon)
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=281703
Some people still don't read, even after I put the effort to try to avoid such questions... :/

Jeremy

kegman 05-07-03 01:29 PM

Has any one played this yet? Besides the Demo

mrglass 05-07-03 05:20 PM

I've played about five Live games...the first four were a complete blast to play. I think the medic and engineer roles suit me well because I sure as hell can't aim. :)

The last one was so unbearably laggy that I had to disconnect.

Haven't tried out the single player campaign, yet.

importplayer 05-07-03 08:25 PM

Hey, jrutz
You should change the $15 off Gamer's Card to $5 . That confused me at first until I saw that the end price didn't match up.

Edison 05-07-03 08:34 PM

You could pricematch tomorrow at EB for Best Buy's $39.99 (as long as its in stock) and in the current EB magazine/coupon book there is a mail in offer for a $10 rebate on any XBox game $39.99 or above.

dgc 05-07-03 08:43 PM

Originally posted by Edison
You could pricematch tomorrow at EB for Best Buy's $39.99 (as long as its in stock) and in the current EB magazine/coupon book there is a mail in offer for a $10 rebate on any XBox game $39.99 or above.
Will EB honor a rebate on a pricematched item??? If so, I'm glad my local Best Buy didn't have Wolfenstein:TOW in stock today.

jrutz 05-07-03 08:44 PM

Originally posted by importplayer
Hey, jrutz
You should change the $15 off Gamer's Card to $5 . That confused me at first until I saw that the end price didn't match up.

Got it, thanks.

Hey, the Wolfenstein review is up on IGN. Any Insider members care to post the summary? Thanks,

Jeremy

dgc 05-07-03 09:28 PM

I read the Wolfenstein thread over at HTF. Someone said that IGN gave it a 9.3. No details on the review.

Anybody experiencing these bugs:

http://forums.xbox.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2879606

MasterofDVD 05-08-03 12:55 AM

As much as I want to get this I'm talking myself out of it cause my wife is nagging me to stay on a budget. She wants a house and I want a video game. I think I should get mine because it's cheaper. :D

I want it but I have to keep saying it's too much like all the other online shooters I have. I must have to say that a million times a day. I might do a trade in deal later on and buy it.

Trevor 05-08-03 12:20 PM

Yeah, I wanted to resist buying it also, at least until it got really cheap. But 34.99 at Best Buy was too cheap for me to resist. Haven't had time to really play it yet.

Originally posted by MasterofDVD
As much as I want to get this I'm talking myself out of it cause my wife is nagging me to stay on a budget. She wants a house and I want a video game. I think I should get mine because it's cheaper. :D

I want it but I have to keep saying it's too much like all the other online shooters I have. I must have to say that a million times a day. I might do a trade in deal later on and buy it.

mmconhea 05-08-03 12:26 PM

I wanted to get this for 4 on 4 system link. but I heard that there is no split screen mode for multiplayer. Is this true?

Trevor 05-08-03 12:48 PM

Originally posted by mmconhea
I wanted to get this for 4 on 4 system link. but I heard that there is no split screen mode for multiplayer. Is this true?
Not true. Back of box shows split screen co-op.

Let me be safe and test it.....yep.

Split screen appears to be co-op only though.

mmconhea 05-08-03 01:17 PM

That pretty much rules out system link for a lot of gamers.
I was going to pick up 2 copies for my lan parties, but now... nope.