Reload this Page >

Great Deal I got Saturday w/ Reviews: Colin Macrae Rally 3 & Hitman2

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 05-05-03, 09:12 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK Gamestop had a "Buy 2 Used Games Get 1 Free" so i traded in a game and got Dead Or Alive Beach Volleyball, Colin Macrae 3, and Hitman 2 all Xbox for $75!

Being a Gamestop member gave me 10% off and I got $7 for my trade in.

Dead or Alive XBVollyball was for my girlfriend. I had this title before and traded it in. She got mad so i had to buy a new one

OK reviews:
Colin Macrae Rally 3
This game rocks. Im not usually a car racing fan but this game really got my blood pumping! The engine sounds ultra realistic and each of the 5 starting cars all handle and sound different. Even the skidding tires sound different depending on what kind of terrain you're on--even different types of asphalt sound different.

The real time damage is excellent! Damage your door and see the different degrees of damage -- first door is slightly out of alignment, then it wobbles, then it wont shut and flaps open and closed, then its severely skewed above or below your car frame, then it completely rips off! Depending on how hard you smack your door it might come off all at once. Even losing your wheel is different. You might completely lose a wheel and watch it bounce off the track. Guess what, you still have to finish the race. The other damage your wheels can suffer is simply a blown tire which eventually shreds off and youre driving around on your rims.

I havent delved completely into this game but so far its a blast. Only thing i wish was different is when you replay your race, you cant control camera angles. Those are preset to look like a TV broadcast with varying camera angles. Also you cant save your replays that i can tell anyway.

Hitman 2
Enjoying this one. I wish it had multiplayer though or some kind of 'quick action' mode. The story is intriguing but pretty linear. The graphics arent as good as splinter cell (duh) but involves similar stealth aspect. One thing that takes getting used to is that many levels have a time limit. I usually like to take my time when i have to be stealthy. The AI seems kind of dumb but perhaps I need to play on a more difficult level. The weapons are kind of ordinary so far. Im on the 5th level or so and I just have AK-47s and SMGs for my automatic firepower. O well, we'll see.