DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   and the new madden 2004 coverboy... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/289798-new-madden-2004-coverboy.html)

random123 05-01-03 08:02 PM

and the new madden 2004 coverboy...

mike vick! could he be cursed? 2000 - barry sanders 2001 - eddie george 2002 - daunte culpepper 2003 - marshall faulk...

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/photos/vickeas_front.jpg

the pic looks bad becuase the jersey was photoshopped onto a pic from last season :yack:

nickdawgy 05-01-03 08:35 PM

I think Vick is overrated, but that's just me lol. I haven't seen him play enough to really see if he's good or bad. He can run, that's for sure.

lesterlong 05-01-03 08:57 PM

I saw him fall down a lot against my Bucs.

joshd2012 05-01-03 10:16 PM

Vick is QB of the future. As long as he stays healthy, and continues to perfect his skills, he will be in the Hall of Fame for sure. I am a little scared of him being the cover boy as all the other covers went down in flames the year they covered. Hopefully Vick will not continue down this trend.

jeffdsmith 05-02-03 07:36 AM

Originally posted by lesterlong
I saw him fall down a lot against my Bucs.
You own the bucs? wow, dvdtalk attracts all people I guess.

dasmooth1 05-02-03 09:36 AM

hes probably on there cause hes the number one used guy when cheesing online, have him drop back 30 yards and then either run it out or throw a 70 yard bomb..i hated playing anyone with the falcons or eagles for this very reason...

Cusm 05-02-03 09:40 AM

How exactly was Sanders cursed? I never remember him having a bad year, aside from being stuck with those loosers in Detroit.

Copenhagen 05-02-03 09:45 AM

Well he retired after the 1998 campain, which was after the cover shot on Madden 2000 IIRC.

jonw9 05-02-03 09:53 AM

Originally posted by Cusm
How exactly was Sanders cursed? I never remember him having a bad year, aside from being stuck with those loosers in Detroit.

In Detroit, we spell loser with on one 'o' thank you!

;)

Decker 05-02-03 10:42 AM

Originally posted by jon-w9

That's right.
L-I-O-N-S

Of course an alternate spelling might be:
T-I-G-E-R-S

Sorry, Detroit
:)

The Nature Boy 05-02-03 11:14 AM

Since Vick is the coverboy, hopefully they've corrected the glitch that saw 275 linebackers and 325 lineman from running Vick down from behind.

RDGAFFORD 05-02-03 11:51 AM

Can't wait for Madden 2004 to come out!

Cusm 05-02-03 02:08 PM

Originally posted by Copenhagen
Well he retired after the 1998 campain, which was after the cover shot on Madden 2000 IIRC.
But his retirement was his decision due to the fact that Detroit would not trade him and he wanted to win, instead of being the NFL’s rushing leader on a .500 team. He could come back today and out perform the sham of a back that currently holds the NFL all time rush record. Barry had at least another 5 years of being the premiere back in the NFL.

Originally posted by jon-w9

Outrageously horrible decisions the Lions front office and coaching staff made while they had the most prolific runner on the team. :)

jonw9 05-02-03 02:22 PM

Originally posted by Cusm
But his retirement was his decision due to the fact that Detroit would not trade him and he wanted to win, instead of being the NFL’s rushing leader on a .500 team.

A .500 team? Yeah I remember when we were that good. :D

Honestly, it doesn't really matter because we still have the Redwings...er...nevermind.

I heard somplace that the Tigers will finish the season with the same record as the Yankees!!
Spoiler:
only with the wins/losses reversed

Cusm 05-02-03 04:30 PM

It would be nice to see Detroit turn around, I just wish Barry could have gotten a ring. I used to watch him when he played at O State years ago when OSU actually had a winning season.
My first team is the Vikes, but I am a Norris division fan second (in both NFL and NHL - although the Hawks are my team on the ice) so I would like to see the Lions improve.
I like their new jerseys, and I really like their throwbacks too. Sanders was pimping when he tore up a 70+ yard run in it.

Lastblade 05-02-03 04:34 PM

All football players are 1 hit away from retirement.... Sad but true.

DVDHO 05-02-03 04:38 PM

Nice cover and a good star to put on it also but I will not pick Vick in my fantasy draft this year like I wanted to,EA curses the cover boys so expect him to get injured within the first 8 weeks,I also guessed he would be on the cover a few months back,thanks for the pick.