DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Official Xbox Magazine # 19 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/289046-official-xbox-magazine-19-a.html)

kar10 04-28-03 04:01 PM

Official Xbox Magazine # 19

I just got this months issue.

Playable Demos:

Collin Mcrae Rally 3.0

Moto GP 2-confused-

Pro Racer Diver

Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus-confused-

Extra Content:

Animatrix:thumbsup:

Apex

Enter the Matrix:thumbsup:

Gladius

Halo 2

Features:

Hunter: The Reckoning Redeemer Part 1:thumbsup:

Top 10 Plays

Xbox Live Arena

Xbox Live Arena Training

Trigger 04-28-03 04:08 PM

what's with the confused faces?

kar10 04-28-03 04:23 PM

Originally posted by Trigger
what's with the confused faces?
I was just expressing my emotion towards the games:D

Moto GP 2 does't look any better that the original Moto GP and Tao Feng looks good but the fighting style is weird!

Tao Feng is not an easy pick up and play game.

Roan 04-28-03 04:32 PM

Looks like an improvement over last month's disc.

kar10 04-28-03 04:39 PM

Originally posted by Roan
Looks like an improvement over last month's disc.
Not by much! :(

Trigger 04-28-03 04:40 PM

So what's with the Animatrix? Is it all the episodes or something? Which episode is it? Is it just a behind the scenes? Trailer?

kar10 04-28-03 04:45 PM

Originally posted by Trigger
So what's with the Animatrix? Is it all the episodes or something? Which episode is it? Is it just a behind the scenes? Trailer?
Is just a trailer. Actually I think this one is longer that previous versions I seen before.

Spiderbite 04-29-03 03:05 PM

Got my disc in yesterday and played the demos last night.

Colin McRae Rally - I really liked this one. A little tough to steer (I was all over the place) but I just need some practice. By the end of the race, most of my car was lying all over the road in pieces. I loved the damage but that could make it even tougher. It seemed a lot harder than Rallisport (where damage is non-existent). I definitely want this!

Moto GP2 - nothing special. Not a motorcycle fan so I never really did anything with the first one. I won the first race the first time which really surprised me. It didn't see too hard (I am sure that changes on Live).

Pro Race Driver - I liked it. I had no idea about it other than an advertisement I had seen previously which made it look really gay. It was actually interesting. At least it wasn't a Nascar racing game and there were actually turns & changes of scenery. I might pick this up if I found it cheap.

Tao Feng - The demo doesn't let you see much but I thought it was a lot better than what so many others had written or said. It seemed miles ahead of Kakuto Chojin. Another that I might pick up if cheap.

young 04-29-03 04:56 PM

trailer for animatrix? you can download the 3 complete episodes that are out if you'd like, from here:
http://www.intothematrix.com/

i'll pick up the animatrix dvd w/ all 9 episodes when it comes out.

Tuan Jim 04-29-03 06:41 PM

Moto GP2 ships later in May -- 5/20 IIRC. Looking forward to it. Much more customizable than the first one -- racers, bikes, etc. Also, revamped tracks, especially Suzuka and a coupla others -- devs admitted they didn't have adequate information on them the first time round. Handling will also be more variable depending on the bike you choose.

We'll see what the demo is like. Definitely looking forward to it.

RichardW 05-03-03 12:10 AM

Their demo discs are definitely getting weak. At least they'll be providing the "Kola Cell" mission soon for us non-Live players.

Jeremy517 05-03-03 12:29 AM

Originally posted by RichardW
Their demo discs are definitely getting weak. At least they'll be providing the "Kola Cell" mission soon for us non-Live players.
Unfortunately not until the August issue. Oh well. I can wait another two months.

thegame370 05-05-03 01:17 AM

Originally posted by young
trailer for animatrix? you can download the 3 complete episodes that are out if you'd like, from here:
http://www.intothematrix.com/

i'll pick up the animatrix dvd w/ all 9 episodes when it comes out.

The trailer for the Animatrix is the best thing on this months disc. Can't wait for June 3rd!

Kazuma05 05-05-03 10:16 AM

I did'nt get my oxm last month. Is there a number I could call?

dvd-fanman 05-05-03 11:51 PM

Originally posted by Kazuma05
I did'nt get my oxm last month. Is there a number I could call?
Go to their website http://www.officialxboxmagazine.com and choose the Customer Care option that's on the left side and you'll be able to log into your subscription and report that you are missing an issue.

Tuan Jim 05-06-03 06:56 AM

Just read the Halo 2 preview article. Very sweet. If they can actually pull of those graphics at a fixed 60 FPS (or even locked 30fps), I'll be very impressed (and very happy). Nice seeing all the new vehicles and enemies as well.

khai 05-07-03 03:34 PM

This issue's disc was a drag.. Old animatrix trailer that was already on the net before Dreamcatcher was released.. and the Enter the Matrix game trailer was on the net weeks before as well..

I was hoping the Enter the Matrix deal was more game footage. :P At least the Halo 2 article is in the mag. Good long read.

MasterofDVD 05-08-03 01:03 AM

Even with the Halo 2 coverage this mag is a joke. The first few demo discs I got were great. Last month we got screwed and got 1 demo. It was 2 big levels but still 1 friggin game.

This month was 3 racing games and a figthing game. The other content was pretty weak as well. I'd like to wipe my @ss with the renew card and mail it back to them. I get a ton of good free mags and the 1 I pay for is really the worst of the bunch.

Gromit 05-08-03 06:38 AM

I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever get this issue. No renewal for me.

Barney1234 05-08-03 07:01 AM

Yeah, me too.
Haven't received mine either.

I really don't need this magazine.