DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Still playing Counter-Strike? Play with me. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/288915-still-playing-counter-strike-play-me.html)

Cornfed 04-28-03 01:32 AM

Still playing Counter-Strike? Play with me.

I still am. I wanted to invite fellow DVDtalkers to try out our server. It's an 18-player server located in Dallas. We just need more people to come play with us.

got cereal?
207.44.210.167:27015

schizopak 04-28-03 05:57 AM

just tried to look it up. for some reason i couldn't find your server when i entered that ip. oh well.

Tarantino 04-28-03 07:40 AM

Will it work from Steam?

Trigger 04-28-03 07:57 AM

I haven't played CS in a few years... I'd like to pick it up again though - what's Stream? Something new? Guess I need to install the latest versions of stuff.

Cornfed 04-28-03 02:00 PM

Steam is for the 1.6 leak right? We are running 1.5.

This is us: http://www.gametiger.net/search?addr....210.167:27015

gr8fuldave 04-28-03 06:10 PM

I dont play so much anymore, as GR,RS, UT, and BF2003 take up a lot of my time, but I will play, what is the name of the server? Steam rocks, I love 1.6 and cant wait for the final. The new Gallil for Terrorist rocks, as well as the friends list. My UN is Gr8fulDave. Post the IP if you can.

Cornfed 04-28-03 10:16 PM

Originally posted by gr8fuldave
I dont play so much anymore, as GR,RS, UT, and BF2003 take up a lot of my time, but I will play, what is the name of the server? Steam rocks, I love 1.6 and cant wait for the final. The new Gallil for Terrorist rocks, as well as the friends list. My UN is Gr8fulDave. Post the IP if you can.
That's the IP up there in the top post.

207.44.210.167:27015

Sometimes it's locked up because we have matches. But we all play till 3am ct some nights. My name on there is [ck]digemthefrog.

Jackskeleton 04-28-03 11:11 PM

Currently locked

Has anyone tried the WC3 mod for Counter strike? It's actually pretty fun when it's on a map time limit of 50+ minutes so that you can have a lot up leveling up. pretty sweet twist to CS

Cornfed 04-28-03 11:50 PM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Currently locked

Has anyone tried the WC3 mod for Counter strike? It's actually pretty fun when it's on a map time limit of 50+ minutes so that you can have a lot up leveling up. pretty sweet twist to CS

Yeah, there's been a match going on for a while. Thanks for trying though.

Got a link for the WC3 thing?

schizopak 04-29-03 02:55 AM

I actually played today in your server for about 5 minutes or so. My computer was acting up so I couldn't stay in too long. You guys sure talk a lot though. My mic was not connected so I had to type responses to spoken questions. Oh well. I'll try to check out your server occassionally.

Jackskeleton 04-29-03 03:26 AM

Originally posted by Cornfed
Yeah, there's been a match going on for a while. Thanks for trying though.

Got a link for the WC3 thing?

http://spacedude.games-fed.com/

Can't sleep. lets see if your server is up..

schizopak 04-29-03 03:27 AM

sweet, just tried out the WC3 mod. pretty cool! :thumbsup:

Trigger 04-29-03 01:44 PM

I went ahead and downloaded Stream - man - Counterstrike is different. I suck at it now too. :)

zerotl 04-29-03 02:51 PM

Why don't you play with yourself? JK!!! Anyway, I have the really old retail half_life, where can one get the latest cs download? Oh and I suck at this game....

Jackskeleton 04-29-03 03:01 PM

Counter-strike.net is were you can download all the updates. you need the new HL updates aswell

Trigger 04-29-03 03:44 PM

Here... I uploaded the Steam Installer to my webspace... You're welcome to download it until I need to take it down for space reasons or if I'm asked to take it down. I got this off of fileshack. Steam is awesome though for those who don't know yet. Beta 1.6 is great too. Tons of people always playing it as well. Time to upgrade.

Download this

Venom 12-10-03 07:54 PM

bump.

add me to your steam friends list. my id is venom_based

any dvdtalker run servers?

damn_skippy 12-10-03 08:25 PM

what ever happened to the matrix mod.

I had so much fun playing that one. WC3 is cool to.

asabase 12-10-03 08:31 PM

Anyone playing Day of Defeat (comes with steam). SOOO much more fun than CS.

Venom 12-10-03 08:37 PM

i've just been getting into wc3. there is quite a learning curve to it.

Dod i just played for the first time yesterday. i like the look of it i just can notice enemies for shit and get killed very quickly.

Alvis 12-10-03 09:05 PM

I'll try to join you in the next day or two. I've been playing Urban Terror a lot, so hopefully I'll like Counter-Strike, also.

asabase 12-10-03 10:06 PM

Originally posted by Venom
i've just been getting into wc3. there is quite a learning curve to it.

Dod i just played for the first time yesterday. i like the look of it i just can notice enemies for shit and get killed very quickly.

Yeah, you really have to learn where the windows are and such. Also advance only with backup or you'll get picked off. That's why I like it so much more, with the teamwork and such.