Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Any good deals @ Best Buy.com?

Old 04-22-03, 09:16 PM
Cool New Member

Any good deals @ Best Buy.com?

I've got $25 dollar credit at Best Buy, and I was wondering if you guys knew of any current great deals on anything in the store......video games, DVDs, cds, whatever. I'd appreciate any advice I could get. (Yea, I already did a search through of the forum, didn't turn up anything too helpful) Thanks.

Dog
Old 04-22-03, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, you could try this:

BB has a deal (in-store only) where you can get two XBOX Platinum titles for $30. Use a gamer's coupon for $5 off and that brings it down to $25 and change. That's a pretty good deal, essentially two games for free. That is, if you have an XBOX.

Jeremy
Old 04-22-03, 09:42 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks for the tip. Only problem is, I don't have a local Best Buy to go to, nor an XBox. Anybody else???
Old 04-22-03, 09:49 PM

It would help if you told us what you already have (Gamecube, Xbox or PS2). If you don't have any game console, I'd say put the $25 towards one of those systems and get it now with Free Shipping.
Old 04-23-03, 02:31 PM
Cool New Member

Whats the $5 BB Gamer's coupon? Is it in the Sunday Circulars or something?
Old 04-23-03, 03:39 PM

No, unfortunatley it's not that easy. To get the $5 BB Gamer's Coupon, you must go to a Best Buy store and in their Gaming dept. there are these Jewelcaess that have green inserts with empty Gamer giftcards on them. Take these to the cashier and put whatever amount on the giftcard you want (i.e. $1). Now that you have the Gamer giftcard, on the back of the insert is a $5 off $19.99 Game merchandise only gift certificate. Use them for any game related merchandise priced $19.99 or higher.