DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   trade in deal at gamecrazy (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/287747-trade-deal-gamecrazy.html)

jerry4fish 04-22-03 12:44 PM

trade in deal at gamecrazy

www.gamecrazy.com is running a promo for trade-in that last until the end of april. $35 for xbox, gc, ps2 listed on their website. (note: you can buy Rocky for PS2 at Bestbuy for $15 after the $5 coupon and trade it in for $35 at game crazy)

Jerry

Gizmo 04-22-03 01:23 PM

Jerry, I work at GameCrazy, and just to let you know, Rocky was just removed from the eligible titles... As the month goes on, more and more games will be removed.

Galanthas 04-22-03 02:21 PM

MVP members only? what is that?

jerry4fish 04-22-03 02:53 PM

Originally posted by GizmoDVD
Jerry, I work at GameCrazy, and just to let you know, Rocky was just removed from the eligible titles... As the month goes on, more and more games will be removed.
That's okay, I wasn't planning on doing the trade in. I just browse around and I figured that I would post it here for those interested in it.

Jerry

jerry4fish 04-22-03 02:54 PM

Originally posted by Galanthas
MVP members only? what is that?
You walk into their store and get their membership for $19.99 and it is good for one year. I think they run monthly promotions. Currently, they have this trade in deal for $35.

Jerry

~~ PAL ~~ 04-22-03 04:41 PM

I would've been interested in this offer, but the $20 for MVP membership is just BS.

Gizmo 04-22-03 05:36 PM

Pal, its not really. Just like if your belong to EB's Edge program. MVP allows you to get 10% off every used game you buy, and an additional 10% for every game you trade-in, for ONE FULL YEAR. Not to mention the current deal, $35 trade-in credit for old games.

Game Crazy also sells new recent games, used, for $39.99...while EB sells them still for $44.99... Dreamcasts are also $25...oh well, people will learn eventually.

DLogic 04-22-03 05:59 PM

hey...

Great opportunity to get rid of DOA:XBV!

gcribbs 04-22-03 09:56 PM

Originally posted by GizmoDVD
Pal, its not really. Just like if your belong to EB's Edge program. MVP allows you to get 10% off every used game you buy, and an additional 10% for every game you trade-in, for ONE FULL YEAR. Not to mention the current deal, $35 trade-in credit for old games.

Game Crazy also sells new recent games, used, for $39.99...while EB sells them still for $44.99... Dreamcasts are also $25...oh well, people will learn eventually.

sounds like it could be a good deal if you frequently buy and trade in used games. for those who do not it would not be worth it.

For me the $20 is a deal killer for others it would be a great deal :)

WepaMan 04-22-03 10:02 PM

Gamestop's membership is only $10 bucks. That makes Game Crazy's $20 price totally nuts. imho

tanman 04-22-03 10:10 PM

I personally never do any of those membership "savings" things. I think they are all a rip and force you to shop at one main store.

The only one I buy is to books a million and that is only $5.

$20 is too much for me. maybe not for others.

zero 04-23-03 01:17 PM

Originally posted by WepaMan
Gamestop's membership is only $10 bucks. That makes Game Crazy's $20 price totally nuts. imho
Yeah but GameStop wont give you 10% more for what you trade in will they? :p

menaz 04-23-03 01:27 PM

So instead of getting $2.00 credit for a game, you get $2.20 :P

zero 04-23-03 01:52 PM

Originally posted by menaz
So instead of getting $2.00 credit for a game, you get $2.20 :P
I know it doesnt sound like much but I've had people trade in everything they own and walk out with upwards of 200 dollars in store credit and thats after the MVP card. But its not for everyone, its really only for people who buy and trade immediately.

Gizmo 04-23-03 04:48 PM

If you trade in $200 worth of stuff, the card is free basicaly. But whatever, some people are just plain stupid and would rather lose money. Oh well.