Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

High Heat Baseball 2004 for PS2 (Season Question!)

Old 04-17-03, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

High Heat Baseball 2004 for PS2 (Season Question!)

can anyone tell me if i have to sim all the other games of the teams i'm not controlling... or can i just play all the way through with the Giants and all the other games will be played automatically (meaning, all stats and standings will update as i play along..)...

cause if i have to sim every other game... that... sucks..

-NiCK
Old 04-17-03, 10:57 AM
Cool New Member

You have to sim the other games as you go along, but it's pretty painless.

When you choose to play a game from the schedule it will ask you if you want to sim all other games up to that date. This includes your own team's games if you've skipped over them on the schedule. Answer "YES" and your done.

For instance, I manually play the first series on the schedule against Tampa Bay, then skip the KC series and play the first game of the weekend series with the Yankees. I'm given the option to sim all games (including my own that I skipped against KC) up to the date of the Yankees' game. Haven't tried it but you may be able to play the games out of order. i.e. skip the KC series and play the Yankees' series, opt to NOT sim the other games, then go back to the KC series and manually play those games.

It's a "quick sim" and the sim speed is variable. IIRC it takes about 15 secs to sim one day for the entire league, slightly longer (but not relative) when you sim more days. What I mean is, it takes 15 secs for a single day, but when I simmed an entire week it only took about 30 seconds, not 15 secs x 7 days = 1:45.

Last edited by chs4; 04-17-03 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-17-03, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

hey i appreciate it man

-NiCK