Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Best Zelda Guide?

Old 04-13-03, 09:45 PM

Best Zelda Guide?

Anyone have any thoughts on which Zelda guide is the best overall? I'm doing fine so far, and have only had to check the faq's once or twice, but there is so much to this game I think it would be useful to have a guide at some point. I saw Brady/Primo and Nintendo guides at the store.
Old 04-13-03, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got the Prime guide because it was $5 at CC the week Zelda came out. Normally I would have gotten the Nintendo guide but this deal was just too good. Anyways, the Prima guide is pretty good overall and the walkthrough is excellent. There are a lot of screenshots on each page and that mkes it easy to locate which section of the text that will answer your question. There is also a map for each dungeon floor but they're kinda small and not labeled as effectively as the could be. The guide also comes with a walkthrough of Zelda: OOT and a big sea chart/poster. The OOT walkthrough looks to be very skimpy and the sea chart/poster is surprisingly ugly and useless.

All in all I highly recommend the Prima guide especially if you can find a good price on it. That being said I might try to get myself the Nintendo guide at some point. Their OOT guide was full of great artwork and written kinda like a story. The Prima guide has almost no artwok and it's written with just the facts.
Old 04-13-03, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've got the mini-Prima guide. Got it at Target for $10... its a pocket guide 6.5" x 5", its got everything the big version has, but smaller. Works for me.

Plus it included the guide for TLOZ:TOOT...
Old 04-13-03, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have the Brady Games guide and I think its awsome plus i got it free anyways. Ive used brady games strategy guides for final fantasy x and kingdom hearts. the guide covers and pictures look really nice too.
Old 04-14-03, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If you have a choice than the Nintendo Power guides are consistently the best. Even though the others may be larger the Nintendo Power ones have the best layout and info.

That being said I too got the Prima one only because it was $5. I haven't used it yet though.

Just as an option Nintendo Power always has an offer where you get a free game guide with a subscription which is $19. If you are going to spend $15 bucks anyways...