Vice City: Vigilante Missions

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-03, 12:08 PM
Suspended

Location: Sonoran Desert; a place where it doesn't matter whether or not one can pronounce Donnacha.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, I'm stuck on the vigilante missions. I tried to find some tips online from some FAQs From what I read, supposedly cars you were after would stop just by passing them. They never do that for me. I've gotten to the 7th level but that's just by running them off the road (sometimes after about 20 times hitting them), waiting for them to jump out of the car and then run over them.

I've managed to score a undercover Cheetah but they aren't as resilient as the cop cars and don't take many hits before exploding. (It was suggested to get a Cheetah in the FAQs I've read)

It's actually quite fun because it is so challenging but I can't help but think I am missing something because nothing else in this game has been this hard. Help!
Old 03-17-03, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Get yourself a tank. The vigilantes don't stand a chance against that thing.

If you are far enough in the game get the Hunter. I was able to breeze through the vigilante missions with ease using the two vehicles.
Old 03-17-03, 01:23 PM

Use the tank and start at the airport. It was level 8 before I had to leave the airport area both times I've done the missions. I find the tank easier to use that the hunter for these missions. I wish I could do the paramedic missions in the tank.

Last edited by Beritolam; 03-17-03 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-17-03, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Speaking of the tank, where is it on the military base? I've entered the base in a police uniform (since the troops don't hassle you) and searched all over, but I cannot find the tank.
Old 03-17-03, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't believe there is a tank - but I could be wrong. Been awhile since I last played.

How would you be able to drive it out of there?

I've always got my tanks before by causing some hella havoc and jacking one. Drive to your garage - switch cars to lose your wanted level - then park the tank and save.
Old 03-17-03, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This probably isn't gonna help, but I got to level 119 on Vigilante Mission through a sweet glitch. I was in the Hunter, just dinking around the airport, when I entered Vig mode. Two cars appear down on the ground, I blow them up... two cars appear in the same spot, I blow them up... repeat. I was able to get 14 million dollars out of the deal
Old 03-17-03, 03:16 PM

This is off topic but I just got a post card today in the real mail from Vice City. I thought it was kind of funny. Its got a sunset view on the front with the helicopter and on the back has some stuff about the game
Old 03-17-03, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Red Dog
Speaking of the tank, where is it on the military base? I've entered the base in a police uniform (since the troops don't hassle you) and searched all over, but I cannot find the tank.
The tank is just inside the front gate, smack in the middle of the courtyard. You can't help but see it from the street as you walk in.

Getting 90 hidden packages practically guarantees the tank will be there. I don't know if it ever shows up without having the packages, outside of having a 6-star wanted level. Now THAT would make one show up for sure

Last edited by NC-36; 03-17-03 at 10:53 PM.
Old 03-18-03, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally posted by NC-36
The tank is just inside the front gate, smack in the middle of the courtyard. You can't help but see it from the street as you walk in.

Getting 90 hidden packages practically guarantees the tank will be there. I don't know if it ever shows up without having the packages, outside of having a 6-star wanted level. Now THAT would make one show up for sure

That's probably why I have not seen it. I have yet to go a quest to pick up the hidden packages. I've been concentrating on mission completion up until now.
Old 03-18-03, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Outlaw - did you download the original GTA from Rockstar recently? I got that same postcard a couple of days ago and I can only attribute it to giving my address when I d/l the classic game.
Old 03-18-03, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by spankyj
Get yourself a tank. The vigilantes don't stand a chance against that thing.
Yeah. I was having trouble until I jacked a tank. I couldn't believe how fast I finished with it. The coolest thing about it is that as soon as you hit a car with the tank the car will blow up. You won't have the perps jumping out, and you won't have to try to run them over taking valuable time away.
Old 03-18-03, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Outlaw - did you download the original GTA from Rockstar recently? I got that same postcard a couple of days ago and I can only attribute it to giving my address when I d/l the classic game.
I didn't download the original GTA but I still got the postcard. I'm trying to remember if I signed up for their mailing list. Maybe they got this info from Sony when we registered our PS2's?
Old 03-18-03, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Must have Franchise because I never downloaded the original GTA ether and received the card but I send in those PS2 cards into Sony all the time,some gift huh?
Old 03-18-03, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The tank appears on the military base when you get 90 packages. The Apache attack helicopter (with machine guns and rockets) doesn't appear until you get all 100. The Sea Sparrow does appear at 80 packages, and is also good to use for the vigilante missions -- though not quite as good as it only has a machine gun.

Otherwise, you can get a tank from the Sir, Yes, Sir mission (when you steal it, just park it in one of your garages and then fail the mission) or you can get six stars and steal one.
Old 03-18-03, 10:46 PM

no I didn't download it. Is it free for download? I did sign up for that one Sony Underground Club thing with my real address that I got awhile back that a couple of other people did on here too, so I think that might be where it came from.
Old 03-19-03, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes it is free for download. Just check out the Rockstar homepage.

I signed up for the Underground thing also - so that is probably why I received the postcard. Pretty cool nonetheless.