DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Black Colored Game Boy Advance? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/259499-black-colored-game-boy-advance.html)

JDog1892 12-24-02 05:42 PM

Black Colored Game Boy Advance?

I remember a thread saying that a store was selling Black Gameboy Advance consoles during the Thanksgiving holiday as a limited edition exclusive. I'm planning to get a GBA with some Christmas money, and I'd like to get a black one to match my Cube. I tried finding the thread but it didn't turn up. Does anyone know where I can get a black GBA?

Maryang Palad 12-24-02 05:46 PM

Its a Toys R Us exclusive. You can only get it now on ebay.

s}{ammer 12-24-02 06:21 PM

I wish I had bought more of these, I only picked up 2 of them on the day after thanksgiving. I need to remember in the future about ebay.

Jerri Blank's Boy 12-24-02 08:51 PM

I still see them advertised in Christmas Toys R Us ads, so it would be worth checking in-store.

Michael Corvin 12-26-02 12:19 PM

Exclusives I have seen:

Toys R Us = Black/Jet
Target = Orange/Spice
EB = Gold

mikej 12-26-02 12:22 PM

My Toys R Us in Delaware still has them available for $69.

Mike

SoonerDoc 12-26-02 12:27 PM

Originally posted by Michael Corvin
Exclusives I have seen:

Toys R Us = Black/Jet
Target = Orange/Spice
EB = Gold

the exclusive target unit was red

warcp 12-26-02 04:31 PM

my brother in law just got me one for christmas at tru, so they must still have some. it also came packed with super mario world 2.

JDog1892 12-26-02 05:30 PM

Thanks for the help, I just picked up a Black GBA today after searching a couple of Toys R Us. Mine was 69.99 plus tax and no game included. I guess now I want to go pick up a game or two, does anyone know some good deals (9.99). I saw Castlevania Circle of the Moon for 9.99 in another thread, does anyone know any other games that are worth getting that are this low in price? Any RPG would be good too, considering I've owned a N64 and a Cube, I haven't played a good RPG in years.

~~ PAL ~~ 12-26-02 11:17 PM

Originally posted by JDog1892
Thanks for the help, I just picked up a Black GBA today after searching a couple of Toys R Us. Mine was 69.99 plus tax and no game included. I guess now I want to go pick up a game or two, does anyone know some good deals (9.99). I saw Castlevania Circle of the Moon for 9.99 in another thread, does anyone know any other games that are worth getting that are this low in price? Any RPG would be good too, considering I've owned a N64 and a Cube, I haven't played a good RPG in years.
Circle of the Moon is an excellent buy at 10 bucks. Others that are worth considering, provided you like old skool games, are the Namco Museum and Pac Man Collection for $9.99 each at Kay-Bee.

As for a RPG recommendation, try Golden Sun. It is one of the better, if not the best, RPG titles for GBA.

PAL

PixyJunket 12-27-02 07:22 AM

Man, I really want the Orange one. :(

mkdevo 12-27-02 09:30 AM

lik-sang has different colored cases if you want to swap.

PixyJunket 12-27-02 09:45 AM

Actually.. I would really like a SOLID pink one, like my old Gameboy color.. I really do not like these transparent cases.

TheMadMonk 12-27-02 11:32 AM

I wanted a black one, but they weren't available when I bought mine (about 6 months ago). So I bought an indigo one. Either way, I really don't even use the darn thing.