Reload this Page >

x-box Medal of Honor Frontline Help

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 12-23-02, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HELP!
Yesterday I purchased Frontline and as I was playing this game not 10 minutes my x-box crashed. It said the disc is either dirty or damaged. So I rebooted and started all over again. It would let me play a litter longer then crash. Same message. So I took out my Dead to Rights and no problemo. So this morning I ventured down to Sam's Club and exchanged it, got home and played for 4 hours then crash! The same message. I got my X-Box the day it was first sold and I haven't logged in more then 50 hours on this bad boy. It is a stock box no modifications made. Has anyone else bought this game and had similiar problems.. Or could it be my x-box is crapping out??? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mohadiib
Old 12-24-02, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

try that lens cleaning disc mentioned a few threads down about a first bout with PS2 dirty disc error thing...
Old 12-24-02, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I had this same problem. I called xbox support and returned it for repair. I got it back in a week. Everything is working great now. Don't wait and get more headaches get that bad boy fixed.
Old 12-24-02, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Let me get this straight... You bought an Xbox on launch day (more than a year ago), and you have played it for less than 50 hours? So on average that means you have played it less than an hour a week?

Hard to believe someone who bought a launch Xbox would spend so little time on it...
Old 12-24-02, 01:16 PM

This is becoming a big problem in first generation XBOXs. Same thing happens with mine. The DVD drive (a Thomson) is not holding up and needs to be replaced with a better model (a Phillips).

Call 1800-4MYXBOX and tell them it's giving you dirty disc errors. They should offer to fix it for free (even though you're well past warranty.)

They used to charge $100 for the repair, but it's becoming more widespread and rather than issue a recall they seem to be dealing with it case by case.
Old 12-26-02, 05:51 AM

Thanks to all who replied!

To all of you for your support thanks.

I'll call ASAP and to the dude who questioned my
total hours of playing time, believe it. I have about 20 titles and the only one that I played relentless, which means I spent half (25hours worth) was Madden football. The other half went to Maxx Payne, solved in like 12 hours, Halo solved in like 15 hours, Dead to Rights almost done and Now Medal of honor. Oh Wait that's more than 50 hours you're right, maybe 75 hours. The rest of the games were crap and to think they are mostly worth $20 and I payed on average $44.95.

Sincerely,
Mohadiib