DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   People with the original Silent Hill 2 (ps2), might need to repurchase (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/259116-people-original-silent-hill-2-ps2-might-need-repurchase.html)

ChrisKnudsen 12-22-02 01:12 PM

People with the original Silent Hill 2 (ps2), might need to repurchase

I just discovered at a local Best Buy at a copy of the Greatest Hits version of Silent Hill 2. I looked at the back and it featured all the addition features of the "Restless Dreams" version found on the XBOX. Too bad Konami didn't do this for its greatest hits version of Metal Gear Solid 2.

Lastblade 12-22-02 01:46 PM

cool.... i just bought the xbox version of SH2 for $20 too! Fun game.

joshd2012 12-22-02 02:08 PM

I'd rather not play the extra version. It takes away from the main idea of the game. I'll stick with regular version and enjoy the game for what it is supposed to be... not the version Microsoft wanted.

Gallant Pig 12-22-02 03:05 PM

Originally posted by joshd2012
I'd rather not play the extra version. It takes away from the main idea of the game. I'll stick with regular version and enjoy the game for what it is supposed to be... not the version Microsoft wanted.
:lol: I'm sure the developers had nothing to do with the extra levels, Bill Gates designed the evil extra levels since he is in fact evil.

Chris_D 12-22-02 04:22 PM

I'll play the original too, only because I'm not going to fork out to buy it again. The extras are a good incentive for those that haven't bought the game yet though.

Chris

outer-edge 12-22-02 06:58 PM

The extra mission is not worth rebuying, but does fit well within the idea of what the Silent Hill universe is. So, check it out if a friend has it, but don't worry about rebuying.

JaxComet 12-22-02 08:43 PM

Originally posted by joshd2012

rotfl rotfl Paranoid anyone????????

jeffdsmith 12-22-02 10:20 PM

Originally posted by Gallant Pig
:lol: I'm sure the developers had nothing to do with the extra levels, Bill Gates designed the evil extra levels since he is in fact evil.
I'll be happy to tell you all about it. ;)

Outlaw 12-22-02 11:20 PM

Originally posted by outer-edge
The extra mission is not worth rebuying, but does fit well within the idea of what the Silent Hill universe is. So, check it out if a friend has it, but don't worry about rebuying.
I have heard the same as much from the reviews, the extra "quest" isn't even an hour long and doesn't make it worth an extra purchase. I never finished SHII, it wasn't as scary as the first one IMO, but thats besides the point. For $20, it isn't too bad a deal for people who don't have the original though.