DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Your Game of the Year (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/259079-your-game-year.html)

jeffdsmith 12-22-02 08:10 AM

Your Game of the Year

I thought it would be fun to compile a list of "games of the year" on here after reading Gamespots GOTY awards. Please follow the instructions to make it as easy as possible.

I will edit this thread and put all elected up in this top thread. My goal is to have a thread with the cream of the crop games for each console and PC.

Please select just 1 game of the year This goes for all systems, do not select a game for each console. This game should be the game you feel was the best, most innovative, fun, etc.

flashburn 12-22-02 08:25 AM

Metroid for GameCube

sniper308 12-22-02 08:35 AM

Originally posted by flashburn
Metroid for GameCube
Second that !

Metroid Prime for GameCube get's my vote.

Kellehair 12-22-02 08:48 AM

Metroid Prime for Gamecube.

Icculus 12-22-02 08:57 AM

Definitely Metroid Prime - I have all the others that I would consider in the running (Splinter Cell, GTA:VC) but Metroid wins with no problem.

Shuki 12-22-02 08:59 AM

my GCN will arrive in a week or so along with MP. I have the xbox and Splinter Cell tops that list obviously. I'll have to wait on MP to compare then I'll post my opinion.

Did MOHAA for pc come out this year?

Kellehair 12-22-02 09:04 AM

I think it did. I think it won one of Gamespot's awards this year.

Adam Tyner 12-22-02 09:07 AM

MechAssault for the XBox.

s}{ammer 12-22-02 09:15 AM

splinter cell, hands down winner. I have seen metroid prime and it wasn't anything special IMO.

Lastblade 12-22-02 09:40 AM

Steel Battalion for xbox

tomwaits 12-22-02 09:51 AM

Metroid Prime was the best game this year. It's a no-brainer for anyone who's played all the major titles.

Kingdom Hearts is a distant second, as a personal favorite.

Icculus 12-22-02 10:21 AM

Originally posted by Shuki
If it did then I guess I have to change my vote. Metroid Prime is incredible but I have never played a game as much as I have played Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - I've played it at least a few times a week every week since I bought it in February.

Shuki 12-22-02 10:31 AM

Originally posted by Shuki
released Jan 22, 2002

I'm there with Icculus... No game I've spent more time on this year. It just keeps drawing me back to it...

my vote MOHAA

Kojack 12-22-02 10:41 AM

Splinter Cell is my hands-down winner.

RolloTomasi 12-22-02 10:45 AM

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...1.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

zig 12-22-02 11:00 AM

As much as I enjoyed Metroid Prime.. I haven't really gone back to it at all since I beat it the first time. Mario Sunshine on the other hand, I've been playing on and off since it was released. I know a lot of people were disappointed with it, but I really enjoy it. So. Super Mario Sunshine is my GOTY. Sorry samus ;)

mrglass 12-22-02 11:21 AM

Splinter Cell

Josh H 12-22-02 11:30 AM

Metroid Prime

I'm getting Metroid Fusion, Kingdom Hearts and LOTR: TTT for X-mas, so one of them could change my pick, though it's not very likely. Fusion has the best chance, but if it can be beaten in 4 or 5 hours as some reviews have stated, that would keep me from picking it as GOTY.

evenflow 12-22-02 11:50 AM

:up:

darkside 12-22-02 11:59 AM

No contest this year, Metroid Prime.

I liked Vice City, but it was too similar to GTA III. I don't think enough was added to give it game of the year this year. I also played Splinter Cell and its an okay game, but didn't strike me as anything special. Nothing like a stealth game that doesn't do a great job with the stealth aspect of the game. It doesn't even deserve to be considered best Xbox game of the year IMO. Kingdom Hearts also had too many flaws to be considered game of the year. I enjoyed playing it, but it didn't strike me as anything groundbreaking. The camera problems alone should disqualify it.

MrX 12-22-02 12:35 PM

:thumbsup:

I haven't played Metroid Prime yet. I still have 2 gamecube games I have to finish before I get it.

gcribbs 12-22-02 12:41 PM

GTA- Vice City

ChrisKnudsen 12-22-02 12:59 PM

Mad Maestro (if it came out this year). Easily the game I've played the most and had the most fun with.

Shawn 12-22-02 01:15 PM

Splinter Cell for Xbox.

taxidriver6 12-22-02 01:27 PM

Splinter Cell for X-Box.