DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Just a Reminder to Register for E3 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/258693-just-reminder-register-e3.html)

Excelesor 12-19-02 07:17 PM

Just a Reminder to Register for E3

I know its really early but hey can't go wrong with registering early ya know. the title says it all, just reminding all you guys that are part of the industry to register for E3. I had a blast last year and i hope next years will be just as good and fun.

E3 Expo

Trigger 12-19-02 07:31 PM

it's not free anymore, what??

GatorDeb 12-19-02 07:40 PM

What do you do? I want to go but don't work for the gaming industry :(

Excelesor 12-19-02 07:47 PM

Originally posted by Trigger
it's not free anymore, what??
YES it's still free!!, but if you work in the industry and want to go for free you have to do a mail in registration or fax registration to PROVE and show that you work in the industry by photo copying a current paycheck stub and photo ID along with the registration form. Just mailing in the registration form without proof of employment in the industry will get you NOTHING!!

E3 Rules and Policy for going for free. Read the "Please Note" area.

E3 Registration Form

Trigger 12-19-02 09:57 PM

If I went for free last year, won't they send me something to go again for free this year?

gcribbs 12-20-02 01:57 AM

Originally posted by Trigger
If I went for free last year, won't they send me something to go again for free this year?
no. you either need to get the same source to get you a pass or reprove again you are in the industry.

alexkat 12-20-02 08:40 AM

I just got my registration form in the mail yesterday. I have to remember to fill it out now. Thanks.

squidget 12-20-02 11:01 AM

I got mine yesterday too. I already faxed it in.

GatorDeb 12-20-02 11:19 AM

So, how come people that don't work in the industry can't go? I want to see the new games that I'll be buying in the near future !

Copenhagen 12-20-02 11:20 AM

They know people...I'm hoping to get in through nVidia this year.

The Bus 12-20-02 11:34 AM

Out of curiosity, what is the status on the industry nowadays? I'm interested of maybe working there (on the business or the creative end) but have 0 idea about what it's like... Any pages good for reference?

PixyJunket 12-20-02 11:39 AM

I'd love to go to one someday.. of course.. most of the companies there would probably not be happy with my strong opinions..

:o :D :cool:

Not A N00b 12-22-02 03:50 PM

would working at Gamestop qualify you think?

Excelesor 12-23-02 07:59 PM

Originally posted by Not A N00b
would working at Gamestop qualify you think?
yes. you have to fax or mail a current paycheck stub along with a w2 form to show proof of employment I believe

Groucho 12-23-02 11:16 PM

Hmm...apply at Gamestop, work one day (or even one hour) and quit, and you're in!

squidget 01-06-03 05:49 PM

REMAINDER!!

e3 housing registration opened today. NOTE: they changed the free shuttle rules. If you wish to take the shuttle from the hotel to the conventation center you have to book your hotel thru the e3 travel house.