Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The last Metroid Prime thread of 2002.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-02, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
The last Metroid Prime thread of 2002.

So I made it through the first gate (it took me about 20 mins to figure out how to shoot up) and now I scanned the six orange balls but the top two don't activate to let me shoot them. So I press left on the pad then press and hold L on each one of them and then shoot the upper two but nothing. Sigh. I've read two walkthroughs and I'm still stuck.
Old 12-14-02, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turn around way from the gate and there will be a circular thing that is a control panel. It stands out from everything else so it should be easy to locate. Now scan it! Scanning is important in this game (and is a lot of fun). So scan away!

BTW GatorDeb I too just bought a Gamecube and am also loving to play it. I've been too busy with work to really play that much but today I was able to finally spend some quality time with Metroid and Mario. I'm surprised that I forgot how much fun Mario was. And Metroid only gets better with each game. Enjoy!
Old 12-14-02, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I scanned the panel (the reddish square). Then I scanned the six switches. Then it says I'm supposed to shoot, but I can't seem to shoot and stay in scan mode at the same time.

Sigh
Old 12-14-02, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no no, I'm sure their will be plenty more Metroid Prime threads to come since the month is only half way through.
Old 12-14-02, 08:18 PM

Ok so I'm back after watching Olive the Other Reindeer with a a cameo by Michael Stipe as a disgruntled yet friendly outcast reindeer who can't fly ...

So by scanning the panel the switches should be activated and glowing. Just look up and shoot them. You can either lock on with the left shoulder button or hold the right shoulder and look up and blast those puppies. Don't worry about scanning them since there is no need to- they're already activated. And as far as I know you can't scan and shoot simultaneously. Good luck!
Old 12-15-02, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

you don't need to scan the switches, just shoot'em.

The only thing you need to scan is the thingy on the pillar right in front of the six switches, that activates them. I think thats how it goes. If your ever stuck just switch to the Scanning visor and look around, you'll see those yellow square or red square boxes that indicate you can scan it and it will give you clues on what you are supposed to do (sometimes).

edit: whoops, looks like someone already said it and i missed it
Old 12-15-02, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
If you are stuck in the first two minutes of the game, I doubt this will be the last Metroid Prime thread of 2002. jk.
Old 12-15-02, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I only see one red square. I scan that. I press and hold L (how long should I hold? Nothing beeps, just that the crosshairs change. The buttons are still white - deactivated, I guess.

Sigh.... help? At the pillar all I see is one square.

BTW I do see two pillars on both sides of the gate - the switches I have to shoot have yellow targets in scan mode ... I scan all six of them, the one in the middle, and the red one back there and still nothing. Sigh. Is there a particular order?

Heh. I figured it out. I wasn't pushing the L button all the way in until it clicked

You are freaking kidding me... all you do is push L and it locks onto an enemy so all you do is shoot a la Halo? That rules

Quick question: How do you save?

Last edited by GatorDeb; 12-15-02 at 10:59 AM.
Old 12-15-02, 11:33 AM

There are save rooms that fills up your energy as well. Not to sound rude GatorDeb, but have you read the manual? I sometimes don't and will find myself stuck because of that when the answer is right there only feet away.
Old 12-15-02, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yep, read it and continued playing it. I can't believe there are no save rooms (that I could find) before the big wormy thingie. I need to find a better way to fight those roof guns. Wormy did me in.
Old 12-15-02, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by GatorDeb
Yep, read it and continued playing it. I can't believe there are no save rooms (that I could find) before the big wormy thingie. I need to find a better way to fight those roof guns. Wormy did me in.
If I remember correctly, and the worm you're talking about is that huge thing in the round room with the blue force field going around it, there's a save room right before you fight it.
Old 12-15-02, 11:53 AM

lock on and strafe around the corner. then pop out, get a missle off, and duck back behind the corner.

Some turrets also have orange scan boxes near them which will turn them off, which is the really easy way to avoid them

god bless this game. I've been up till 6 AM the past 3 nights since I got it on Thurdsay. 30% done and counting...
Old 12-15-02, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

gamefaqs.com is your friend...
Old 12-15-02, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I read gamefaqs.com They didn't tell me I wasn't pressing the button hard enough
Old 12-15-02, 03:11 PM

Originally posted by jabbas
Some turrets also have orange scan boxes near them which will turn them off, which is the really easy way to avoid them

I did not know that! Thats really cool, thanks!

GatorDeb, i believe the first save point is in the room where you enter and it shows a quick scene where these small bugs go into this tunnel, you can push X to turn into a ball and you'll be small enough to roll in there and save. I'm not sure if there's another save beyond that one htough, i think there is but i can't remember where it is.
Old 12-15-02, 04:20 PM

So let's make a list of how many crash bugs we all find in Metroid! Let's try to top each others scores!!

My friends and I found 1 in the first three hours, and I just found the second one. Sweet! It's great when it crashes after you haven't saved for a few hours! Awesome!

I guess my friends and I have two, can anyone go for three? Let's all make a list! Make sure you don't go to your ship after getting the ice beam and try to ride the elevator to Chozo Ruins West or you'll be in for a surprise!
Old 12-15-02, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Glade to know DVDTALK is always there to give me step by step walk throughs on any given game..
Old 12-15-02, 08:24 PM

All I can say is this game has such a boring ending!!! Horrible!! Even with 100%! But what do you expect from Nintendo I guess.
Old 12-15-02, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I could personally care less about the ending, beginning or any cut scene. If the game is fun, and have a good story I don't need the story over emphasized in a cut scene. It just gets in between me and the next level. And you skip them after you have already seen them.

I personally love when marketing a game (ala TV commercials), you get 1 minute of pre-rendered cut scenes that weren't even designed on that system, and no in game footage. I saw this a LOT when Xbox first came out last year(not a dig, I own XB, for all you flamers). It's like, GREAT my new $300 system can play pre-rendered scenes that were designed on a PC/Mac. Way to go! But I guess for the average consumer that is what they need to see to buy the game.
Old 12-16-02, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You also can look - at your ingame map. It labels all the save rooms so they are easier to find.
Old 12-16-02, 11:25 AM
Retired

Though they won't show up until you arleady found them or a map room, so it doesn't do you much good the first time you are in a new area.
Old 12-16-02, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I got the guns more or less down - strafe and them missile them away

I found the save point. I'm going to read through some faqs when I finish the workweek on Tuesday and then take on Wormy. In the meantime I'm having a blast with Evolution Worlds
Old 12-16-02, 05:51 PM

Well for me story is importan Metroid was flat when I came to the ending. I did like reading thos logs! Wish the ending was more entertaining
Old 12-16-02, 07:50 PM

If you think about it it isn't all that bad. I mean the ending to Metroid 1 was about 4 seconds long. The ending of Super Metroid was about 7 seconds long. This one is a bit longer than that. It just keeps getting better .
Old 12-16-02, 08:06 PM
Cool New Member

how do you save ther position you ate in when u save to the memory card.?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.