DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Got my GameCube - impressions. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/257221-got-my-gamecube-impressions.html)

GatorDeb 12-12-02 04:19 PM

Got my GameCube - impressions.

It is SO LITTLE (and cute :))

I first played Mario Sunshine and got the first shine (come on, come clean, how many of you sprayed the Princess ;) I cleaned up the monsters (I lost a piece of life until I realized all I had to do was stay in the water and spray from there).

I'm stuck now on getting Anti-Mario to stand still long enough for me to spray him. He keeps escaping :( Maybe I just need more practice with the FLUBB. (by the way how do you get life pieces back?)

The graphics and sound are amazing.

I now popped in Mario Party. I thought it was cool that the cups flattened whenever a supersized person stood on them - very realistic. And I was like :hscratch: when the roller coaster started following Wario. Then Wario picked Reversal of fortune and I had to give Luigi my 56 coins (I was in first place (Mario)) and get his 5 coins (last place). :mad:

The Wavebird is awesome.

I just can't decide on a game long enough, I want to play them all :D I'm scared of putting in Eternal Darkness, though.

And I know once Animal Crossing goes in, it's not coming back out.

This is the first console I own since SNES (and I only had Super Mario World, I had no other games). :up: to the GC.

Groucho 12-12-02 04:29 PM

Collect coins to get life back in Super Mario Sunshine.

Glad you are liking the 'Cube.

GatorDeb 12-12-02 04:38 PM

I put in Eternal Darkness and was watching the Intro when my mom came in and said "Oh so you're watching TV now" :D I told her nope, I was still playing, that's a game. "That's a game?!" I thought it was an exageration that people would mistake Zelda for a TV cartoon, but hey, I saw proof today that it can happen.

Goldberg74 12-12-02 05:17 PM

Welcome to the world of The Cube... oh, and a word to the wise... protect your memory cards with your life... take it from my experience!

kvrdave 12-12-02 05:19 PM

How old is Gatordeb?

:up:

MasterofDVD 12-12-02 05:26 PM

Even if there aren't many games out now that I really want...I too am enjoying my recent GC purchase. I wasn't a Nintendo fan for some time but I'm impressed so far. So much so that I'm in the process of buying a GBA right now.

My wife sure has been patient with me. In the last 2 months I've bought an XBOX and GC and now she told me that if I wanted a GBA I had to use the money I get for Xmas. That's fine by me. :D

GatorDeb 12-12-02 05:36 PM

The Debster is 24 years old :D

SpaceBoy 12-12-02 05:44 PM

Good for you, I recommend pick up Super Monkey Ball & Super Monkey Ball 2, they're the only games I ever play out of the 10 or so I have/had, and they never get old.

GatorDeb 12-12-02 05:46 PM

I have Super Money Ball and am waiting for a deal on SMB2 :D

jw2299 12-12-02 06:06 PM

I so want a GC.

maybe after Christmas I can get one. :)

GatorDeb 12-12-02 06:07 PM

*#&$&^#& addicted to Animal Crossing. There goes my life :( Other than assembling the rotating DVD tower and organizing all DVDs, I haven't done anything today. Sigh :)

jeffdsmith 12-12-02 06:16 PM

Originally posted by jw2299
I so want a GC.

maybe after Christmas I can get one. :)

Did you see the GC deals thread? You can pick one up and Metroid Prime for $83.00 with a little work.

CaptDS9E 12-12-02 07:53 PM

Even though at the moment im mostly playing xbox live games i still love my GC. Love popping in Godzilla, Rogue Squad, Starfox and Wrestlemania. I know im getting Metroid for x-mas so the cube will get plenty of game time :-)

capt

Outlaw 12-12-02 08:22 PM

GatorDeb, please promise me that you'll remember to eat, sleep, use the restroom, and go outside every now and then. :)

Thats a nice game collection you got there, plenty more than me and i've had my Gamecube since launch, but it does take over my life from time to time.

GatorDeb 12-12-02 08:40 PM

Between Pikmin and Animal Crossing, it's all over :(

I have to get myself off of it until tomorrow. Tonight I have to clean the room (rearranging everything now that the DVDs have their own space) and do my homework. I can play tomorrow for a few hours and then do the rest of my chores :D

I have a full week ahead and then it's two weeks of three days of work a week each (thanks to holidays and last vacation days of the year), so I just need to hold off one ... more ... week :D

MasterofDVD 12-12-02 09:01 PM

Just gotta make time for it all.

When I had just my PS2 I would play now and then. Now that I have all 3 I really play much more than I used to. Granted I don't play my PS2 as much since I haven't gotten a new game for it since Vice City came out.

I've certainly slacked on my chores since I got all my systems.

Cuman 12-12-02 10:02 PM

yup yup after mario my cube was a mighty great dust collector, but just picked up metroid bouts a week ago, and though i havent' played much (damn work), the time that i have to play, i'm playing metroid...great game that reminds me why i picked up ye ol cube in the first place (great 1st party games).

dancinns 12-13-02 02:05 AM

Originally posted by GatorDeb
*#&$&^#& addicted to Animal Crossing. There goes my life :( Other than assembling the rotating DVD tower and organizing all DVDs, I haven't done anything today. Sigh :)
That's the game I hope my parent's pick up for me this X-Mas. I just know I should've gotten it with my system I picked up this week also. I guess I'll just have to play Metroid Prime until then. ;)

Here's my impressions of GC. It's such a cute little system and I'm quite impressed with what it can do. Metroid is such a beautiful game..even with composite video (I've yet to pick up a S-Video cable). I just can't wait until I can grab all of the other time killers from Nintendo.

prince_of_saturn 12-13-02 09:27 AM

Yes, welcome to the cube. Only the best games are on the cube, game cube to me is like what rolls royce is to the car. I dont want to consol bash, but I havent been impressed with Grand Tsurusmo 3 nor GTA or Final Fantasy or Halo nor Kingdon hearts. Game cube has the best graphics and games IMHO, and I know they will have the best games in years to come. I know they will have the best rPG's as welll, as I know Sqaure will finally bury the hatchet between them and Nintendo as I can Finally play a Final Fantasy game, as its been awhile (haven't layed one since the SNES days, hated the PSX ones). So welcome, and try out PIKMIN, the best non Mario platform EVER made, try RESIDENT EVIL games, as they are awesome (refused to play the PSX ones, ifyou liked RE 2 in N64, these will knock you out), also try out DIE HARD and TUROK EVOLUTION, as that game kicks HALO's butt. METROID blew GTA for me, and I know ZELDA will be the game to destroy X-Box and PSX2.

TaTTooD 12-13-02 09:31 AM

Originally posted by prince_of_saturn
Yes, welcome to the cube. Only the best games are on the cube, game cube to me is like what rolls royce is to the car. I dont want to consol bash, but I havent been impressed with Grand Tsurusmo 3 nor GTA or Final Fantasy or Halo nor Kingdon hearts. Game cube has the best graphics and games IMHO, and I know they will have the best games in years to come. I know they will have the best rPG's as welll, as I know Sqaure will finally bury the hatchet between them and Nintendo as I can Finally play a Final Fantasy game, as its been awhile (haven't layed one since the SNES days, hated the PSX ones). So welcome, and try out PIKMIN, the best non Mario platform EVER made, try RESIDENT EVIL games, as they are awesome (refused to play the PSX ones, ifyou liked RE 2 in N64, these will knock you out), also try out DIE HARD and TUROK EVOLUTION, as that game kicks HALO's butt. METROID blew GTA for me, and I know ZELDA will be the game to destroy X-Box and PSX2.

i'm sorry but i just had to :lol: while reading this. to each his own.....carry on :)

jabbas 12-13-02 09:34 AM

new GC arrived yesterday:

GC opened and hooked up: 11:15 PM
Metroid Prime inserted: 11:25 PM
Went to bed: 4:30 AM

This message: Sent 10:31 AM while Metroid Prime boots up.

mdc3000 12-13-02 10:10 AM

I got my gamecube earlier this week and have been playing nonstop (also, got my wisdom teeth out yesterday, so nonstop gameplay is helping me recover)...

I can't wait to get Metroid...thank god Christmas is soon...

Only thing I am having trouble with now is figuring out which games to play... I have Mario Sunshine, NHL 2003, Rouge Leader, Pikmin, SSX Tricky, Resident Evil and Eternal Darkness.... man, the cube rules!

MATT

jeffdsmith 12-13-02 10:58 AM

Originally posted by mdc3000
I got my gamecube earlier this week and have been playing nonstop (also, got my wisdom teeth out yesterday, so nonstop gameplay is helping me recover)...

MATT

I'm having mine out thursday. Did you have all four taken out? How long did it take? Thanks.

Gallant Pig 12-13-02 11:04 AM

Originally posted by jeffdsmith
I'm having mine out thursday. Did you have all four taken out? How long did it take? Thanks.
I had all four out at once, are you getting put under for it? If so, good job, you'll wake up feeling high as a kit :D . Then lots of ice cream and video games for the next two weeks! :)

jeffdsmith 12-13-02 11:47 AM

Well, that hasn't been decided yet. I wasn't going to go under, cost more. :)