DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   How many unplayed games sit on your hard drive? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/257130-how-many-unplayed-games-sit-your-hard-drive.html)

Goblincat 12-12-02 11:15 AM

How many unplayed games sit on your hard drive?

I have a bad habit... I have too many games sitting on my hard drive that I won't delete because I'm meaning to get back to them at some point. The problem is that 90% of the time they sit there never again played, until I get to the point where I need the HD space so I go through the delete programs list looking for a sacrifice. I keep the save game files in case I ever decide to re-load the game, which never happens. Because of this, I have tons of saved game files that will probably never be used (not to mention game CDs, because I keep them in case I ever feel like loading them again, which very rarely happens).

Anyone feel my pain?

Liver&Onions 12-12-02 11:27 AM

Just Jagged Alliance.

Icculus 12-12-02 11:36 AM

Half LIfe and Counter Strike right now... I really want to play CS online but for some reason every time I try to update to the newest patches it never works :(.

finbogg 12-12-02 11:37 AM

I am terrible at this...I even have games that I bought and haven't loaded yet. I had to institue a self control policy where I buy no new games until I finish an older one. Right now I have:

Hitman
GTA III
FAllout Tactics
Mechwarrior 4
Half-Life (although I played the mods a lot I never finished the actual game)
Civ III (love this one but still haven't finished a full game)
Nocturne
Thief
Commandos 1 & 2
Combat Flight Sim 1 & 2

Problem is I'm back into my console games so I don't think these will get played anytime soon. Oh well.

SpacemanSpiff 12-12-02 11:41 AM

same here dude
ive got hitman 2, ut2k3 (which ive played like twice), gta 3, ghost recon, need for speed hot pursuit 2, fifa 2003

i gotta beat hitman 2, thats my mission after finals

Goblincat 12-12-02 11:55 AM

Here is the list of games that currenty sit and wait (not including at least 6-7 more that I can't come up with right now):

Metal of Honor
Battlefield 1942
Unreal Tournament
Return to Wolfenstein
Black and White
Roller Coaster Tycoon 2
Half-Life
Morrowind
Stronghold
Max Paine
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2

At this point, the only ones that get constant play even after long breaks are:

Steel Panthers: World at War
Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin
Strategic Command European Theater
Madden NFL 2003

mvc 12-12-02 12:20 PM

On my hard drive, Virtual Pool 3 and Warcraft 3. I have a TON of games that I bought but never even opened though. This includes games like Starcraft, Diablo, Tribes 2, and bunch of others I never got around to installing. I've only been playing CS lately. I don't have the hard drive space to install any new games anyways. :)

einTier 12-12-02 12:26 PM

None on the hard drive, but I've got a stack of at least 80 that goes back at least two years that I've "been meaning to play". That doesn't count the 200+ dreamcast games or 100+ PS1/PS2 games.

And that's just the new stuff. I recently bought Conker's Bad Fur Day ($9.99, how could I say no?) and I've got a whole stack of retro games to go through.

Young Vito 12-12-02 12:29 PM

Same here....

<b>Medal Of Honor</b> (this game still holds my heart) look for me online -->"cansser"...im the guy picking off your teamates one by one with accurate & masterful precision:D
Battlefield 1942
Mafia
Max Payne
Hitman 2
Starcraft
Warcraft 3
Return To Castle Wolfenstein
Soldier Of Fortune 2
Command & Conquer 2
Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun
Sudden Strike 2

dont ask me about Medal Of Honor:Spearhead though...i dont know what that POS is.... :down:

warcp 12-12-02 05:16 PM

dungeon siege
gta3
warcraft 3
no one lives forever
no one lives forever 2
ut2k3
half-life
serious sam 2

Icculus 12-12-02 05:28 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot.. I have MOH on there - I didn't think of it because I play all the time (Rembrandt Q. Einstein) so it doesn't have much time to sit ;). I also have BF1942 (I think I've played it twice :() and spearhead (not nearly as good as the original).

shizawn 12-12-02 06:17 PM

Ugh, I am so guilty of this. Fortunately, I've curbed my game spending this year (that, and there haven't been a lot of games I wanted), so hopefully I can get around to finishing some of the games I have installed. Problem is, nearly all of them are RPGs so they take forver.

Currently collecting "dust" on my harddrive:

Baldur's Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast
Baldur's Gate 2 and Throne of Bhaal
Icewind Dale, Heart of Winter, and Trials of the Luremaster
Icewind Dale 2
Morrowind
Neverwinter Nights
Planescape: Torment
Fallout 2
Diablo 2
Dungeon Siege
Civilization III and Play the World
NHL 2003
Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel
Warcraft III

Currently the only game I'm playing is Divine Divinity.

I've beaten Fallout 2, Diablo 2, and Planescape: Torment, and I've finished numerous Civ III games, but the rest are all incomplete.

zig 12-12-02 06:33 PM

In the age of affordable 80gb+ hard drives, is there any need to ever uninstall anything? I rarely play any PC games, but I have 17 installed at the moment.

I've played all of them, I never buy a game that I'm not going to play right away, but it's been a while.

JaxComet 12-12-02 06:45 PM

Lots of demos. Game Over Online Magazine seems to have new demos every day......

Shadow Ace 12-12-02 07:26 PM

Right now I have the following on my hard drive:

Combat Flight Simulator 2
Commandos II
High Heat Baseball 2003
Medal Of Honor: Allied Assault
Madden 2003
Motorcross Madness 2
NBA Live 2003
Nascar 3
Nascar Racing 2002
Nicktoons Racing
Return To Wolfenstein
Sim City 3000
Spider-Man Movie
Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation
Ultimate Ride
Zoo Tycoon
and about a dozen other "kid" games

My daughter plays Zoo Tycoon regularly, I play Madden 2003 regularly as does my son, and Nascar 2003 sees some use but not real often. The others haven't been played in months...some over a year. I still have about 97 gig of free space on my drives and the "Game" drive still has about 6 gig left, so I'm not too concerned about deleting at this point.

Mikey 12-12-02 10:22 PM

Glad to see I'm not the only one guilty of this. :)

On my hard drive

Baldurs Gate
Summoner
Half Life
Beavis and Butthead in VS
Jedi Outcast
Return to Wolfenstein
GTA 2
Unreal
Afterlife
Loom
Rollercoaster Tycoon
Zax
Dungeon Siege
Max Payne
Black and White
Giants Citizen Kubatu
Sacrifice
Heavy Gear 2
Quake 2
Thief 2
Sanity
the Longest Journey
Circle of Blood
No one lives forever
Star Trek Armada
Star Trek Elite Force
Deus Ex

and thats not even a fourth of it. :( Ahh.. I didn't realize that I had this much in there!

DreamWeaver88 12-12-02 10:55 PM

I only have 2 games on my HD. Worms 2, and Worms Armageddon.

Not really into PC games.

DW

Ginwen 12-13-02 10:07 AM

Not much on my hard drive anymore, due to last weeks D-drive failure, but tons of unplayed games--any time I buy 2 at once, it's a mistake, because I'll never get to at least one of them.

Roto 12-13-02 10:21 AM

I think the only game I've ever finished was Wasteland around 1990 :) (I just put that one back on my hard drive last night)

I don't have a bunch of games on my pc unless you count emulators. Then I have thousands of games that I never play once, but those are so small.