Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

I want an original Nintendo

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 12-11-02, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for the original nintendo...plus games, and 2 controllers. Dont ask me why, just a passing faze i spose...but i do want it. I have dvds i can trade, or else i would be able to pay cash (reasonable price). Please e-mail me at [email protected]
Old 12-11-02, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

wrong forum
Old 12-11-02, 09:09 PM
Banned

The best place to go is eBay. Find a lot that comes with a lot of games. The top-loader NES will cost more on eBay, but they're worth it (no blink).
Old 12-11-02, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I still play my NES almost daily. Probably eBay would be the best bet, but you could also try a used game shop. They had a couple of NES decks at the place here. I think they only wanted $30 or so for them.

-CM-
Old 12-11-02, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

?????

Why?
Old 12-12-02, 03:19 AM
Suspended

Re: ?????

Originally posted by kar10
Why?
Why not?

Gamestop
Old 12-12-02, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Exactly - I've been playing mine recently and adding more games/controllers to the collection. There is something great about playing these early games with their original controllers - can't be explained.
Old 12-12-02, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Flea Markets are virtual Nintendo buffets. My buddy and I go every few weeks and that boy and like.. 350 NES games.

I also cusotm modded his original NES and swapped the LED for a blue one.. we were joking about spray painting it black and keeping it on it's side.. it's also funny because the LED cost $5 and there's SEVERAL games he paid less than that for..

Old 12-12-02, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I say definately go for the eBay route with a "fixed" NES with a new connector installed. I'm just waiting until I see "the deal" so that I can add my NES to the spot next to my Saturn
Old 12-12-02, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I say check out either garage sales or even pawn shops. I picked up an old school one, gun, controllers etc. for 10 bucks total. (I recommend you make sure they hook it up to show it works) He had to fiddle with it a bit to get it to work, but knew that was simply it needing a new connector.

I Picked up a new connector on ebay for like 7 bucks shipped.. It's easy to install, make sure you buy one from a seller that includes directions w pictures.. The ebay seller I got mine from sells them all the time, and includes a nice how-to.

I have been lucky enough to find games for 2 bucks each by just stopping by garage sales and such.. I love the old school nes.

Oh also.. I have never played a top-loader so I do not know how well it works.. I can say, w the cheap 10 buck Nintendo, and new connector so essential 17 bucks, it plays as good as I remember my brand new one, way back when. So I recommend you save your money. YOu can always just rebuy connectors if they go bad on you.. if you indeed use it that much etc.

Last edited by SpaceBoy; 12-12-02 at 10:50 AM.
Old 12-12-02, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What was the ID of the seller on eBay that you bought the connector from, SpaceBoy?
Old 12-12-02, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by mtucker
What was the ID of the seller on eBay that you bought the connector from, SpaceBoy?
The guy's id is: stockjunkie999 he's got close to 3k feedback, and I bought 2 from him (1 for me, one for my sis) and both came super fast, and worked great. He includes a nice sheet of directions, with pictures etc. and it was a big help.

He sells them all the time I htink for 7.99 after looking back at my auction, and it's like 2 bucks shipping. So I apologize with my 7 buck remark I guess it was 11 bucks. My memory fails me I guess..
Old 12-13-02, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

OMG. River City Ranom rules.
Old 12-13-02, 11:38 AM
Banned

I sold a few NES consoles in my time. I picked up 4 of them in one day just by going to garage sales. Made a nice penny on eBay. I would say go there, and try to find a But It Now at a resonalbe price, cause what people ended up paying me was rediculous.