DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Gamecube/GBA link... what games? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/256412-gamecube-gba-link-what-games.html)

fujishig 12-09-02 01:27 PM

Gamecube/GBA link... what games?

Just got a Gamecube, after having enjoyed my GBA since it's launch. Since we're currently addicted to Animal Crossing, I've been itching to get the Gamecube/GBA link cable. But what games use it, and to what extent?

These are the ones I know of:

Animal Crossing: link cable needed to play the island sub game, to download NES games, and to link up the EReader to read Animal Crossing e-cards.

Sonic Battle: link cable with Sonic Advance(?) to save Chaos? I want to know a little more about it, since I got Sonic Battle at Blockbuster, and I want to know if it's worth it to pick up Sonic Advance.

Madden: apparently some lame scoreboard thing...

Future: Zelda game

Anything else? Is this destined to be one of those peripherals that rarely gets used? I don't see why not... the GBA base is probably larger than the GC base audience.

Any other uses for the E-reader too? Any upcoming games that use it?

jabbas 12-09-02 01:58 PM

Metroid Prime and Metroid Fusion will allow you to use the GBA Link.

Once you win Metroid Fusion, attach the Gameboy to the CameCube, and you can then unlock access to the original 1986 NES metroid game on the GameCube. I'm not sure if this requires completion of both Metroid Prime and Fusion, or just Fusion (that's the one I'm sure of). You can also unlock the suit Samus wears in metroid Fusion as you play Metroid Prime.

I'm not sure what advantages winning Prime will do for Metroid Fusion, but someone else will and I'm sure it will be posted shortly.

sdcrym 12-09-02 02:02 PM

Originally posted by jabbas
Metroid Prime and Metroid Fusion will allow you to use the GBA Link.

Once you win Metroid Fusion, attach the Gameboy to the CameCube, and you can then unlock access to the original 1986 NES metroid game on the GameCube. I'm not sure if this requires completion of both Metroid Prime and Fusion, or just Fusion (that's the one I'm sure of). You can also unlock the suit Samus wears in metroid Fusion as you play Metroid Prime.

I'm not sure what advantages winning Prime will do for Metroid Fusion, but someone else will and I'm sure it will be posted shortly.

I haven't done it, but from what I've read, the Fusion suit is available in Prime when you beat Prime. I don't think there are any benefits for Fusion that are made available by beating Prime.

GatorDeb 12-09-02 02:06 PM

Harry Potter - extra levels and puzzles.

fujishig 12-09-02 03:20 PM

Hmm... forgot about the Metroid one. And didn't know about HP... is that new levels in the GBA game, or the GC game? But is that it? Any other games on the horizon?

DVDRunner 12-09-02 05:19 PM

Compatible Games List

Hope that helps