DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Gunvalkyrie xbox opinons (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/254855-gunvalkyrie-xbox-opinons.html)

Sloth911 12-02-02 07:20 PM

Gunvalkyrie xbox opinons

Gunvalkyrie xbox opinons
1. is it FPS or third person
2. is it good, bad, or ugly?

jrutz 12-02-02 07:46 PM

1. It is a third person shooter
2. This is subject to debate. Some love its complexity, as they find it challenging without being frustrating. I thought it was frustrating more than anything. It is basically two different games going on at once. The one game is a straight shooter, the other is a goofy platformer with some distinctly original control schemes. The combination is like conducting an orchestra while piloting an airplane. Either by itself would have been complete, but together they were just too much for me. It is definitely beautiful to watch, I'll give it that.

Jeremy

RichC2 12-02-02 07:51 PM

1. It is a third person shooter.
2. I love the game, control takes a bit of getting used to - but once you do - it's like the 3d Metroid that never was. Some beautiful levels and is difficult without being frustrating. The levels are - for the most part - easy, unless you're fighting a time limit. Most people who played the game and found it too hard probably didn't realize you could buy backup power cells in the in-game store menu.

Highly Recommended, especially now at it's low low price.

happypants 12-02-02 09:58 PM

Re: Gunvalkyrie xbox opinons

Originally posted by jasonr114
Gunvalkyrie xbox opinons
1. is it FPS or third person
2. is it good, bad, or ugly?

1. Third Person
2. Graphics are excellent, gameplay varies. In fact, the game overall would be a 9 or 10, except for the controls designed by retards.

Trigger 12-02-02 10:01 PM

It's a third person - sort of... that's the perspective, but the controls are kinda funky. Not what you would expect. Still, after some getting used to it - it becomes easy.

Graphics are indeed excellent - they are on par with metroid Prime - in fact, the games are quite similar on some levels. I agree with happypants, but I think that once you get a hang on the controls, it's not so bad. Overall, I think the game is about a 7 or 7.5. It's good, but not essential. For 15-20 bucks, it's a worthwhile purchase.

Lastblade 12-02-02 10:32 PM

I have only played through 1 level of the game over a friend's house.

I love it. The control takes some getting used to, but I like the ability to jump around! I like Sega's approach to a 3D action shooter, it reminds me of the older 2D style platform shooter! :D

Skull 12-02-02 10:45 PM

Its ok, but there are better X-Box games to purchase.

V-ism 12-02-02 11:34 PM

It's an awesome, overlooked game. Only problem is it has a steep learning curve, and it is hard as hell.