Reload this Page >

stupid eBayer revisited

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

stupid eBayer revisited

Old 11-29-02, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stupid eBayer revisited

well, we had a conversation about this before, but this just BLOWS my mind. Searching for Splinter Cell on eBay, this is what i find:

ebay item #1941347290 is bid upto $61!!! i realize that auction is active, but i figure EVERYONE that reads this wouldnt even consider buying a DEMO DISC for $61

Category:
Consumer Electronics:Video Games:Microsoft Xbox:Games:Action, Adventure

Title:
6 xbox Games Splinter cell BloodRayne Panzer+

Description:
You are bidding on The OFFICAL Xbox demo disc featuring the following Six games: Bloodrayne Chase (Exclusive Level) House Of The Dead III Panzer Dragoon Orta ToeJam & Earl III Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell This Disc ALSO Icludes the WORLD EXCLUSIVE TRAILER FOR HALO II !!!!!

Commentary:
What is wrong with these people? Is reading really a LOST ART know a days? Poor seller is just trying to sell his demo disc, and someone with a feedback of (0) and someone with (1) runs the price up to $61

The first sentence of the auction: "You are bidding on The OFFICAL Xbox demo disc featuring the following Six games:"
Old 11-29-02, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you're familiar with the magazine and its demo discs, I can't see how you'd make that mistake. But if you aren't familiar with the magazine, I can certainly see how somebody could interpret it the wrong way.

The auction says "The official Xbox demo disc featuring the following six games". It doesn't say "The official Xbox demo disc featuring demos of the following six games." For all a buyer knows, there could be some sort of demo disc for the X-Box system (maybe one that's available only to stores) that has the full version of those games on it (maybe on 1 DVD).

You or I wouldn't make that mistake, but it isn't a case of simply not reading. The wording is ambiguous, and the buyers apparently just interpreted it in the wrong way. Buyers beware, and good luck to the seller.
Old 11-30-02, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I dont blame him, he's taking advantage of stupid people. Capitalisic Darwinism at it's finest.
Old 11-30-02, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dunno, that's a pretty hard to find demo, with some highly wanted games on it....

*shrug*
Old 11-30-02, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Thunderball
I dunno, that's a pretty hard to find demo, with some highly wanted games on it....

*shrug*
I ordered a copy of Need for Speed HP 2 for Xbox from half.com and the seller sent me a copy of that demo inside the case. I already had it. It's pretty easy to find if you have the magazine.