DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Bloodrayne is very cool game. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/253427-bloodrayne-very-cool-game.html)

Giantrobo 11-25-02 06:27 PM

Bloodrayne is a very cool game.

Man I LOVE this game!

Cool main character with a potty mouth, lotsa blood, lotsa dismemberment, bouncing boobs, weird storyline, and any chance to kill Nazis is good. :up:

Granted, the storyline and Bloodrayne(main character) rip off the movies "BLADE" and "RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK" but the gamemakers make no secret of that :lol:

jrutz 11-25-02 06:58 PM

I've been eyeing this game for about a month now, but I have to stick to my rule of not paying full price for a game. I know it's hard but so far I'm 11 games into my XBOX collection and paid $35 at most for any one game.

This game looks totally cool. Vampires, bullet-cam, and the movies of it I've seen are just total crazy action. Target already has it for $44.96, so I'm hoping a widespread price drop to $30 is coming soon. Plus I have those $5 coupons at BB so $25 + tax. Anyone have any idea of how well it's been selling?

That's good to hear another positive opinion. The reviews have been generally positive as well.

Jeremy

kar10 11-25-02 07:39 PM

I Agree.........

Originally posted by Giantrobo
Man I LOVE this game!

Cool main character with a potty mouth, lotsa blood, lotsa dismemberment, bouncing boobs, weird storyline, and any chance to kill Nazis is good. :up:

Granted, the storyline and Bloodrayne(main character) rip off the movies "BLADE" and "RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK" but the gamemakers make no secret of that :lol:

But $50 for that game makes anyone think about it twice.

I'll probably pick this one up when it get very cheap or at least I rent it and finished it.

This one it's worth $20. In my opinion but everyone is different. I do agree that this game is great.

Giantrobo 11-25-02 07:58 PM

Cheap punks :p :lol:

Anyway, I see your point but to be honest NO GAME IS WORTH $50.

Michael Corvin 11-26-02 10:12 AM

I know this will probably start something like the SC thread. But, I played and somewhat enjoyed the demo. It was definitely different. It was fun, but even with just one level, it seemed a bit repititious. The 3rd person thing got some getting used to. Not a huge fan of that perspective.

But I would say, it would probably be worth a $20 buy. But your are right $50 seems high for this one. As for any other game being worth $50, I would have to say Metroid Prime is well worth the $50. Whew, $50 isn't bad compared to some SNES games when they came out. I remember some cost from $60-$75. I think one of the Street Fighter games was actually $75 when it came out. What a rip.

ChefWinduAZ 11-26-02 10:24 AM

As someone who has owned this game for the XBOX let em tell you that it is fricking awesome but it is too easy to beat. I would suggest waiting until the price goes down that way you don't feel cheated for paying fullprice.

finbogg 11-26-02 10:34 AM

The demo was pretty cool. My main complaint is that there is no crosshair for aiming your gun. You have no idea which guy you're shooting at any given time. Other than that it an action packed kill fest, I liked it. :)

Giantrobo 11-26-02 06:31 PM

Originally posted by finbogg
The demo was pretty cool. My main complaint is that there is no crosshair for aiming your gun. You have no idea which guy you're shooting at any given time. Other than that it an action packed kill fest, I liked it. :)
The funny thing is I only got the demo to work 2 or 3 times and I still got hooked on Bloorayne.

As far as aiming she auto-aims and even uses both guns to shoot enemies in different directions.

No crosshair needed.

I think the closest you'll come to crosshairs is using one of her special sights to zoom in on a target.

Trigger 11-26-02 09:24 PM

Did they fix the bugs from the demo? The camera seemed kinda funky and there seemed to be some clipping and control issues... maybe it was just me though. Anyone play both the demo and the retail versions?

Giantrobo 11-27-02 12:02 AM

Originally posted by Trigger
Did they fix the bugs from the demo? The camera seemed kinda funky and there seemed to be some clipping and control issues... maybe it was just me though. Anyone play both the demo and the retail versions?
The camera is still weird at times but to me it adds to he suspense. I'm not sure what "clipping" is but I have a feeling it still happens in the retail version.

IMHO, the controls are fine.

gerrythedon 09-16-21 10:17 PM

Re: Bloodrayne is very cool game.

Hot on the heels of the release of BloodRayne Betrayal: Fresh Bites last week, Ziggurat Interactive has announced that BloodRayne 1 & 2 are set to receive enhanced ‘ReVamped’ editions for consoles, offering a remaster of the first two third-person BloodRayne titles, released during the early 2000s.

Both BloodRayne: ReVamped and BloodRayne 2: ReVamped are due to resurrect the 2002 and 2004 instalments in the series, in which the eponymous Rayne - a half-vampire femme fatale - embarks upon a globetrotting voyage to thwart Nazi schemes, dispatch supernatural beings, and learn more about her vampiric origins.

The ReVamped versions of each game will preserve the fast-paced combat, vamp powers, and narrative, with up to 4K resolution, upscaled cinematics, improvements to lighting, engine optimisations, enhanced reflections, water, fog, and shadows, as well as support for English, French, Italian, Russian, and Spanish (fully voiced for BloodRayne 1, English and Russian VO only for BloodRayne 2, with localised text for the other aforementioned languages).

A release date for BloodRayne: ReVamped and BloodRayne 2: ReVamped has yet to be announced, but both games will be coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch.

RichC2 09-17-21 07:24 AM

I suddenly feel very old.

The Questyen 09-17-21 12:20 PM

These games were mediocre and forgettable even when they were new but I guess they need something to release.

Music 09-17-21 01:17 PM

Bumping a thread that was DOA 19 years ago... :lol:

The Questyen 09-17-21 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Music (Post 13985699)
Bumping a thread that was DOA 19 years ago... :lol:

I mean he bumped it because they're releasing remasters of the games. That is pretty much the one valid reason to bump one of these threads.

Obi-Wanma 09-17-21 01:46 PM

I enjoyed and finished the first game. I bought, but never played the second one for any significant amount of time. I might pick this up.

Music 09-17-21 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by The Questyen (Post 13985701)
I mean he bumped it because they're releasing remasters of the games. That is pretty much the one valid reason to bump one of these threads.

OMG, no kidding? Who knew?....

My comment was more about bumping a 19 year old thread that didn't have a whole lot of interest here, not just that fact that it's been dead for 19 years.

OldBoy 09-17-21 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Music (Post 13985721)
not just that fact that it's been dead for 19 years.

so has this place! i kid. but who gives a fuck? it was a related post and he didn't want to start another thread. big deal. i do it all the time and yes, you give me shit, but at least it generates some kind of renewed interest and at least a little more life in the undead threads even if just a few posts...

gerrythedon 10-19-21 06:53 PM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...9639b80661.png
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...261d3d90da.png

gerrythedon 10-20-21 07:56 PM

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...bf103c7e8e.png
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...be334d4733.png

gerrythedon 10-20-21 08:29 PM

BloodRayne: ReVamped and BloodRayne 2: ReVamped are coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch on 18th November 2021.