DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   pikmin, anyone still plays this game? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/253285-pikmin-anyone-still-plays-game.html)

young 11-25-02 10:01 AM

pikmin, anyone still plays this game?

out of curiosity, is anyone still playing Pikmin for the gamecube? that is, is it a game w/ some longevity or does it get tired quickly?

i'm looking at a gamecube purchase and i see 5 games that i'd want (sorry, not totally sure about the names):

mario world
mario party
super monkey ball
metroid prime
zelda (when it comes out)

tofu 11-25-02 10:08 AM

i haven't played pikmin for ages ever since i beat it twice. of course, i'm heavily addicted to animal crossing now so that takes a large part of my PT.

young 11-25-02 10:16 AM

you're right... forgot about animal crossing. looks good.

Kellehair 11-25-02 10:27 AM

Pikimin doesn't have that much longevity but it's good for 2 play throughs (about 20 hours total).

RichC2 11-25-02 10:44 AM

on the subject of pikmin, there was a popular song a few months ago that I coulda swore sampled the damn game, it was just too close to be coincidental.

Kellehair 11-25-02 10:50 AM

I think Nintendo released a song from the game in Japan around the time of the game's release. The song was really popular and helped sell more copies of the game.

jeffdsmith 11-25-02 11:14 AM

I own it. After beating it I kind of tried to sell it, but didn't. I'm glad I didn't as I recently started playing it again. It's a great game. However, Nintendo needs to have some mission based boards or somethiong like that in the sequel.

Gizmo 11-25-02 02:18 PM

I played it....didn't like it all.

Trigger 11-25-02 03:43 PM

If you like games like Lemmings, Pikmin is great. I don't know how much replay it has because I haven't been able to go finish it... I'm about halfway through - other games were calling to me. :) It's a great game though and you could probably pick it up cheap from half.com.

tanman 11-25-02 04:27 PM

to me it has great replay value. esp the challenge mode which allows you to play for a day and try to raise as many pikmin as possible. I consider it a must buy at 30$. Target has it at this price now. I think you should give it a chance. few who have are dissapointed.

Michael Corvin 11-26-02 10:20 AM

Originally posted by GizmoDVD
I played it....didn't like it all.
Yeah but did you play it longer than 15 minutes? I didn't like it at first, then you realize that you have spent your whole day raising flowers to battle with. ;) This game was a blast. I can't bring myself to sell it because I might want to pop it in sometime and play through again. But like already stated, I beat it twice as well and spent 20-30 hours on it, and haven't played it since. I do hope they make a Pikmin 2 that is a little longer and more challenging.

But it was worth $50, so it is DEFINITELY worth $30. IMO.

Gallant Pig 11-26-02 12:09 PM

I played it more than 5 minutes and it was a horrible gaming experience overall. Totally agree with GizmoDVD.

Outlaw 11-26-02 11:19 PM

For $30, Pikmin is a great game! I loved it, couldn't put it down until i beat it. I played it through twice actually. to get the best ending, but haven't since I finished it. I am also hoping for a Pikmin 2.