Reload this Page >

Help needed: PS2 ESA Sports NCAA 2003

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 11-13-02, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, so I've been improving my game. I can hold an offense to 0 rushing yards. But I'm having a hell of a time stoping the pass. Here are my issues:

a) my pass rush sucks. i can't sack the QB to save my life. I've tried the swim moves, and the spin moves, but to no avail.

b) the ten yard strike continually goes for another 40-50 yards. Ouch. Is there a way to tackle a guy by wrapping him up and not letting go? Too often the receiver breaks the tackle.

c) i'm getting the interceptions, but i can't find a way to strip the ball. suggestions?
Old 11-13-02, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You might need to recuit some better corners, or at least corners who are better at tackling (better bench numbers). You might also want to keep your safties in a deep zone (Cover 2) or maybe you could try an occasional Cover 4.

To get a pash rush I suggest you take control of the defender who's manned up with a running back. That way if the back stays in to block you can rush the passer. If the back isn't a real pass catching threat you can rush the passer even when he goes out into a pattern too. Another good way to get pressure is to use shifts. For example, try running Nickel - Inside Blitz and pinching the linebackers over the center. Line shifts work well too for confusing the defense.
Old 11-13-02, 02:29 PM

Lets Go RAMS!