Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Xbox Live, Cheating?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-02, 02:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xbox Live, Cheating?

I've been playing MotoGP for about a week pretty hard and noticed some strange things have been happening.

1) In a few races I've seen people crash right in front of me and suddenly they're back on the track at full speed and I can't pass them.

2) Have been right behind a person and then suddenly he "warps" ahead of me by about half a straight-a-way.

In some cases I could see where this might be a persons lag in there connection, but other times have just left me scratching my head and saying, HMMM?

Could there be cheating going on?

What do you think?
Old 11-03-02, 08:23 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

It's lag and the problem is on the user's end.

For instance, I have a low upload limit to my bandwidth. When I'm playing XBox Live only, I have no lag problems at all. When I play on XBox Live with someone surfing the net over the same connection, people in the game see me as laggy.

Interestingly enough, I don't see myself as laggy. I'm running a smooth race, but others see me crashing all over the place and your warp effect.

In short, there is no cheating going on. It has to do with the quality of the users bandwidth connection.
Old 11-03-02, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
The only weird hack thing I've seen -- and I haven't seen it in any actual races is the weird 0:00:02 lap scores at the top of the scoreboard. I think this is being fixed and after the scores are reset for Nov. 15 I don't think we'll see it again. Something to do with hitting someone at a certain angle and warping back to the finish line with no time passing -- pretty weird.

Tuan Jim
Old 11-03-02, 03:58 PM

I was hoping it was just lag.

I'm having a blast with Live even though I don't do so well on MotoGP. Mugello is the only track that I usually finish in the top 5.

I usually hold back at the beginning of a race because you know that there's gonna be about 10 bodies and bikes mangled up in the first turn. Funny as hell!!
Old 11-03-02, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Originally posted by WOWZY
I was hoping it was just lag.

I'm having a blast with Live even though I don't do so well on MotoGP. Mugello is the only track that I usually finish in the top 5.

I usually hold back at the beginning of a race because you know that there's gonna be about 10 bodies and bikes mangled up in the first turn. Funny as hell!!
You've got to either buy or rent the original, create a rider and pump him up to full stats -- 30 in everything. Once you've done that you'll be miles better -- plus it gives you lots of practice and unlocks all the other tracks to play on.

Tuan Jim