Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Tiger Woods 2003 for XBOX

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Tiger Woods 2003 for XBOX

Old 11-12-02, 04:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How does this differ from Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2002?
Old 11-12-02, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I never played 2002, but I know the analog stick swing is new. Probably that's enough to make the game different enough for most folk. I don't think the St Andrews course was in 2002, either.
Old 11-12-02, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The analog stick swing is the biggest difference.
Old 11-12-02, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just managed to nail a double eagle. Of course, it was on a custom course of par 5s, white tees. Hitting all the eagles is easier if you put all the eagles you need to hit on the same course.
Old 11-13-02, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I finally went out and bought Tiger 2003

but for the PS2. My saved game meant too much to me as did the bonus stuff for game saves. Plus the XBOX controller threw me off when I rented Outlaw. I just couldn't get a straight shot on that controller no matter how hard I tried. But no matter what system it's on.....this game is great.

I have only minor problems with it but from what I heard it's very similar between the two system as far as graphics. Some of my problems are with the graphics and other with gameplay but it's still a step above 2002.
Old 11-13-02, 06:00 PM

Hello All,

MasterofDVD, I did the same bought the game for PS2 instead of the Xbox version. I based my decision on Outlaw Golf as well. Playing OG was one of the most frustrating golf games that I have played.

About the only thing that I do not care for that much is the new cuts where the video will go to the golfer face, who is tracking the path of the ball. This drives me crazy as I can not tell how good (ok bad) my shots are while the golfers face is on the screen.
Old 11-13-02, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by ShinKen
Hello All,

MasterofDVD, I did the same bought the game for PS2 instead of the Xbox version. I based my decision on Outlaw Golf as well. Playing OG was one of the most frustrating golf games that I have played.
Wow, I thought the swing in OG was pretty good. Took me about 72 holes to finally be consistent, but once I was it was a blast to play
Old 11-13-02, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by ShinKen
About the only thing that I do not care for that much is the new cuts where the video will go to the golfer face, who is tracking the path of the ball. This drives me crazy as I can not tell how good (ok bad) my shots are while the golfers face is on the screen.
This is also one of the things that bothers me as well. I'm working on spinning the ball and suddenly it goes back to Tiger's face. Argh. Drives me mad.

And some of the little extras that take place after your swing are annoying as well.

But like I said it's still very good. Today was the longest day at work cause I was dying to come home and play.
Old 11-13-02, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: cutting to the golfer's face. When it goes letterboxed and the heartbeat starts, I just set the controller in my lap, because I know it's tracking onto a close approach. When it doesn't go letterbox, it's annoying as hell.

Anyone else have a hell of a time with the Predator? I just can't get the hang of that course at all! For every birdie I get there, I get two bogeys or worse. I'm pretty much stuck in the Tiger Challenge until I can wrap my head around this south american nightmare. I thought the Highlands was bad, but this! Jebus!
Old 11-13-02, 09:13 PM

By the way, OG was plagued by a different swing style, not the X-Box controller.

Not to sound like a fanboy but if you have both systems and the X-Box version is "slightly" better, you need to buy it.

The PS2 is the dominate platform and will do well no matter what, if you dont feed the Box though, it will die. If nothing else you almost always get 5.1-WS-480P, as well as smoother graphics.

Just a thought.

Last edited by Ginsu; 11-13-02 at 09:17 PM.
Old 11-14-02, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The first official tournament is starting tonight, to coincide with Tiger appearing on the Tonight Show and apparently pimping the game.
Old 11-14-02, 03:33 PM

Very cool game. Just got it yesterday. Yeah the face thing is annoying as hell.

I must say, the coolest thing so far (after only 18 holes) is that I can only compare it to playing 2002 on a PS2, and wow, there's like zero load time between holes (or much at all really). It just seemed so much smoother.
Old 12-16-02, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So I've been playing the demo on the OXM disk and I had a question for those who own the game. Is the game play as easy as it seems to me? I mean I had a much harder time trying not to slice in the Outlaw Golf demo but, for Tiger I've been hitting them all dead center. I guess what I'm asking for is there really a challege to comes with this game? I't can't be as easy as the demo. TIA.
Old 12-16-02, 01:32 AM
Mod Emeritus

Is the 3 click swing still optional?
Old 12-16-02, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

No 3 click, just using the left analog stick, unless I missed something on the demo.

Last edited by Copenhagen; 12-18-02 at 02:01 AM.
Old 12-16-02, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The only golf game I ever liked was Neo Turf Masters.
Old 12-16-02, 10:28 AM

It's a great golf game.

My only complaint is that it's almost too easy. I love the analog stick-swing control, but the old "3-button-tap" method gave you more responsibilty for your shot. You miss that last button and you slice it or hook it. The analog stick is pretty forgiving in terms of not shanking shots. Unless you're trying to get fancy and fade your shot, it's pretty much automatic that you'll hit middle of the fairway. The timing aspect of it is nice, in terms of getting extra power from a well-timed swing.

Overall, the game is more about picking the right club and planning your approach.
Old 12-24-02, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well I must admit I was a little unsure about this title from playing the demo, but this is a pretty good game. Granted the swing is pretty easy, though I'm still working on the draw and fade. The gem here, imo, is the challenges. Not too hard to win, but enough challenge to keep it interested. I had about 4 hours of nonstop gameplay tonight and I couldn't be happier with this purchase so far.
Old 12-24-02, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I picked it up for the GameCube tonight. Did the buy 2 get one free at Blockbuster using some giftcards I got at work and ended up getting this, Mario Party 4, and Bmx XXX for $50.

Anyway, after playing it for a couple of hours I must say I'm very impressed. I like using the left analog for the golf swing (I could never get down using the right one on games like Outlaw Golf) and I love all the different modes and challenges in the game. I even got extra money for creating my golfer because I had a Madden 2003 save on my memory card.

Best golf game I've played in years. I personally think Tiger is easier than Outlaw, because we use the left analog to swing with instead of the reaching down to use the right. I could just be crazy though. Tiger just may be more forgiving.

Last edited by darkside; 12-24-02 at 07:58 AM.
Old 12-29-02, 04:21 PM
zig

Does anybody know if this game does progressive scan on the gamecube?
Old 12-29-02, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by zig
Does anybody know if this game does progressive scan on the gamecube?
No progressive scan or Dolby Prologic II support for GameCube. I don't think it supports Progressive scan for Xbox either.
Old 12-29-02, 04:51 PM
zig

Originally posted by darkside
No progressive scan or Dolby Prologic II support for GameCube. I don't think it supports Progressive scan for Xbox either.
Thanks, that kinda stinks. EA Sports' lack of support with that pretty much made up my mind to go with Sega's games this year. But, I guess I have no choice here.
Old 12-29-02, 05:11 PM

It DOES run in Progressive scan on the X-Box. 5.1 also.
Old 12-30-02, 12:29 PM

Now that this thread is back, is anyone bothered by how they chose to use the power shot (white button)? It forces me to swing with my left hand, which I don't like as much. Although, as everyone has agreed upon, swinging is rather easy in this game. I just think that using a trigger would have been a better solution.
Old 12-30-02, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Ginsu
It DOES run in Progressive scan on the X-Box. 5.1 also.
Weird, this was one of IGN's biggest critisms of the Xbox version as well as the GameCube. Maybe Progressive scan support was added after they reviewed it.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.