Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Great Job RockStar Games!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-02, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great Job RockStar Games!

I just wanted to say that I think Rockstar did a great job with the supply and demand issue for Vice City. I heard they held the game back a week just to make sure that they would have enough to hit the market on release date to supply the demand. It hasn't been that hard to find a copy today which I think is obvious since I haven't really noticed a copy sell too much above retail value on ebay. Haha to all you who thought you could get greedy by selling copies on ebay. I wish all game companies would produce enough to fulfill the demand!
Old 10-29-02, 07:18 PM
Banned

Can we just have one general thread for all GTA:VC topics? Just a thought.
Old 10-29-02, 07:20 PM

The idea of this thread wasn't really centered around Vice City but the idea that game companies if they wanted to could supply the demand. I really hate when I have to go hunt for a game and end up paying way over market value on ebay. Just used this game as an example.
Old 10-29-02, 07:21 PM

I believe the real reason for the one week delay is for fiscal report reasons rather than boosting manufacturing.

Goto www.animeondvd.com forums to provide feedback to Rockstar. A representative does read at that forum.
Old 10-29-02, 07:26 PM
Banned

Oh and the game is going for $60+ on eBay, and I saw some stupid schmuck paying $100.

Oy.
Old 10-29-02, 07:27 PM

Toys R Us deal allows you to get it for $35.50 shipped and no tax! Screw eBay!
Old 10-29-02, 07:36 PM

Originally posted by Mike_AA
Oh and the game is going for $60+ on eBay, and I saw some stupid schmuck paying $100.

Oy.
Well, the last few I saw close at around $45 which is actually below retail value. Again, my point was that this is one of the best jobs I've seen on a game that was so high in demand to fulfill the demand. Just think back to how difficult it was to find GTA 3 at one time. Also Halo wasn't the easiest to find at release. They're producing a disc, how long could it take them that some companies have to short the market?