DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Owner of all 3 systems at last (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/245850-owner-all-3-systems-last.html)

syphon00 10-24-02 03:42 PM

Owner of all 3 systems at last

just received my XBOX bundle today and my
console collection is complete
unfortunately I no longer have any money for games :P

jw2299 10-24-02 03:45 PM

Will you have time to play them all?

wolfman27 10-24-02 04:20 PM

Welcome to the club!!

squidget 10-24-02 04:41 PM

welcome!

and yes there is you will find time to play them all

syphon00 10-24-02 04:57 PM

I'm in the IT field and work full time and trying to get all my certificatios so I have limited time for games
but I'm sure I'll find the time
it's gonna be hard to resist playin Halo2 on my 42" HDTV he he

jeffdsmith 10-24-02 05:09 PM

Congrats. :)

darkside 10-24-02 07:32 PM

Welcome to paradise. :D

bahgee 10-24-02 07:45 PM

I also have all three systems + a GBA. I have the most games and find myself playing PS2 the most, with x-box a distant second and GC dead last. GBA is used most in the laundromat or NYC sub-way. What about you guys?

darkside 10-24-02 10:16 PM

GameCube the most by far.

PS2 will be second when Vice City comes out, but the Xbox is catching up. I played Tony Hawk 4 on it for about 3 hours today.

My GBA is used on occasion. I still haven't finished the new Castlevania.

johnglad 10-24-02 11:31 PM

Welcome to the club. Now you can play only the BEST games available ANYWHERE. If you have all 3 systems, I always tell people to never waste time on any game that isn't a top tier, 4 star, triple A title. There are enough of those across systems to keep anyone busy unless you are seriously hardcore.

ChefWinduAZ 10-25-02 12:46 AM

I have all three also and find myself using the both the XBOX and the PS2 evenly. I hardly used the Gamecube until Animal Crossing. I am considering trading it in for games for the other two systems.

DamingR 10-25-02 09:00 AM

I play XBOX 80% of the time, GCN 20%, and my PS2 is now a DVD player in my bedroom which I'll get out to play GTA:VC for two months or so, then put it back. I think I need to sell that thing and buy another when they're $89 in a couple of years, or get a PS3.

Any confirmation on if the PS3 will be backword-compatable?

zerotl 10-25-02 09:31 AM

All this talk of the trifecta is pushing me to get a gC to complet mines, it's like I have enough time already, and it's like I don' spend a lot of time staring at a box in a box. Sometimes I just need to unplug.

But yeah, I'm probably picking up the platinum gamecube and super metroid.

remjim 10-25-02 10:08 AM

How do any of you find the time? I hardly have any to play my PS2 as it is.

Josh H 10-25-02 10:13 AM

Yeah, I have a PS2, GC and GBA and hardly have time for games either, with Grad school and a part time job. I almost cracked and bought an X-box, but I just can't justify it as I've only been playing games a couple hours a week lately. I can't even keep up with the games on the systems I have, much less throw another one in to the mix.

As for which systems I play the most, it just varies by game releases.

Currently I'm playing mostly PS2 (just got Devil May Cry) and GBA (Castlevania: HOD). I haven't touched my GC since beating Mario a month or so ago, though I still intend to try and get all the shines in that game eventually.

When Metroid Prime comes out, the GC will be my most played system for at least a month or so.

Corky Roxbury 10-25-02 04:15 PM

Right now I have hooked up to multiple tvs,
PS2
Gamecube
Xbox
SNES
N64
Top loading NES
Genesis
TG-16
Atari 2600

And I also have a GBA, GBC, and Turbo Express

AHHH video games what a way to live.

darqleo 10-25-02 04:34 PM

Originally posted by remjim
How do any of you find the time? I hardly have any to play my PS2 as it is.
Become a teenager again or get a job in the gaming world (so you have an excuse for reviews/research/etc.)

It also helps if you are single.
:D