DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   My wife vs. video games. . . (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/241672-my-wife-vs-video-games.html)

greatjedi 10-06-02 03:32 PM

My wife vs. video games. . .

So I'm sitting home watching "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" while my wife was at her mother's house. Well, she comes home, and my 3 year old comes in and hands me an X-Box controller and says, "surprise". I look at it and think what the heck? Then my wife comes in with a new X-Box system and the "Star Wars Starfighter" game.
Needless to say I looked like this: :eek:
I've been wanting one of these since they came out. My wife has never been too keen on video games, and wasn't too sad when my Dreamcast died, so I was in total shock.
My wife rules!!! :hump:
Now I just need to get more games and the advanced AV pack.:):):)

jw2299 10-06-02 03:39 PM

Wow, that's awesome! When I clicked on this thread I thought it was going to be an "either the games go, or I go" type situation. You're lucky. :thumbsup:

BigDave 10-06-02 04:35 PM

:thumbsup: She's a keeper!

My wife is cool with video games. Right now I think she's playing Rayman or something on the PS2. She had no problem with me completing the trifecta. :D

Static Cling 10-06-02 04:39 PM

Originally posted by BigDave
:thumbsup: She's a keeper!

My wife is cool with video games. Right now I think she's playing Rayman or something on the PS2. She had no problem with me completing the trifecta. :D

Let me get this straight.

Your wife is an Aggie.
She's a fox.
She's cool with video games.

Please tell me she has a younger sister that's available.

finbogg 10-06-02 04:39 PM

My wife's been really cool with the video game obsession. She even bought me another controller for my b-day.

I can't get her to play them though. She gets too stressed out and annoyed.

goLUCKY 10-06-02 04:50 PM

My wife's pretty cool about video games. She is even dealing with Xbox Live pretty well so far.

:D

tha_dvd_man 10-06-02 04:50 PM

Awesome. Now all you gotta do is return Starfighter and get Halo. :)

Get Me Coffee 10-06-02 04:52 PM

Originally posted by tha_dvd_man
Awesome. Now all you gotta do is return Starfighter and get Halo. :)
:lol: rotfl :lol:

Get Me Coffee 10-06-02 04:54 PM

My g/f loves Banjo games! I bought her a N64 that was "clear purple" ...nice girlie girl flair

s}{ammer 10-06-02 05:04 PM

good deal, we should all be so lucky as to have a wife like yours one day. :)

Groucho 10-06-02 05:04 PM

My wife was pretty blah about video games until we got Animal Crossing.

Xanager 10-06-02 05:05 PM

That rocks! I thought I was doing well to get my g/f to play some Halo with me :)

Trigger 10-06-02 05:24 PM

That's cool. :up:

My girlfriend bought me an Xbox for Xmas last year along with Project Gotham Racing. :)

Goldberg74 10-06-02 06:53 PM

My wife wasn't keen on video games either, but whne Mario Party came out for the N64, we finally bought one. We we're still in college then and figured it would be a good party game to have friends come over and play. Well, since then we've gotten other puzzle games and the other two Mario Party games.

As our kids got older, we got our son his own N64 (the Picachu deal from Amazon last Christmas) and I have since upgraded to the Cube...

My wife plays Super Monkey Ball (1 and 2) and other games here and there...

... but she's really excited about Mario Party 4, we have it pre-ordered from the aforementioned Amazon. October 24th can't come fast enough...

mikeyboy 10-06-02 07:10 PM

Originally posted by Groucho
Same here.

kar10 10-06-02 07:58 PM

I don't ........

My wife kicks my a$$ in Dead or Alive 3 -eek-

We actually compete hard. I got good competition at home-smile-

Gizmo 10-06-02 08:58 PM

Originally posted by Groucho
Hah, same here

dgmayor 10-06-02 09:46 PM

My GF is cool about them as well. For like two weeks I was always saying "Man, I want an X-Box". Then one day she's like "i'm going to the mall, want me to buy you one?"

I just sat there and blinked heh. I then had to convince her not to (believe it or not) because she really couldn't afford it (paying off credit card debt heh), but she was dead serious (and apparently almost bought it anyways lol.

Jackskeleton 10-06-02 09:49 PM

wow a kick arse wife :)

Gallant Pig 10-06-02 10:56 PM

Originally posted by GizmoDVD
Hah, same here
My wife really likes The Sims and Animal Crossing.

gcribbs 10-06-02 11:22 PM

Re: My wife vs. video games. . .

Originally posted by greatjedi
So I'm sitting home watching "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" while my wife was at her mother's house. Well, she comes home, and my 3 year old comes in and hands me an X-Box controller and says, "surprise". I look at it and think what the heck? Then my wife comes in with a new X-Box system and the "Star Wars Starfighter" game.
Needless to say I looked like this: :eek:
I've been wanting one of these since they came out. My wife has never been too keen on video games, and wasn't too sad when my Dreamcast died, so I was in total shock.
My wife rules!!! :hump:
Now I just need to get more games and the advanced AV pack.:):):)

I guess she does not read this forum since they are doing a bundle in less than two weeks ;)

I am glad you do have a supportive wife :D

joltaddict 10-06-02 11:33 PM

Are you guys aware that our very own Squidget is an attractive female? And shes got a NEOGEO cabinet! :eek:

Gallant Pig 10-07-02 12:54 AM

Originally posted by joltaddict
Are you guys aware that our very own Squidget is an attractive female? And shes got a NEOGEO cabinet! :eek:
Ack, now I see a ton of Squidget threads coming and Squidget getting bugged alot. :D

Here's the big question: is Squidget as hot as Aghama?

:D

BigDave 10-07-02 05:52 AM

Originally posted by Static Cling
Please tell me she has a younger sister that's available.
:lol:

She's an only child. Otherwise I'd help a buddy out. :D

Static Cling 10-07-02 08:18 AM

Originally posted by BigDave
:lol:

She's an only child. Otherwise I'd help a buddy out. :D

*sigh* Well, I appreciate the sentiment. :)