Old 10-01-02, 03:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
burring shells? what does that do?
Old 10-01-02, 05:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Pac Rat:

Sorry I don't know how to quote from one thread to another. :-)

I seem to remember he said it was a big prize and it was the first one going from let to right. THe others were a kitchen sink looking thing and a dresser. I think I got the good one

Sam
Old 10-01-02, 07:59 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Burying stuff is a good way to store things that you don't have room for in your inventory. Don't try it with fruit, however.
Old 10-01-02, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I see at the end of the other thread some of you mentioned your raffle prizes but those who didn't what were the items available yesterday in your raffle?
Mine were a White Queen Chess Piece (my son won said 3rd prize), a White Piano, and a Modern(?) Dresser. I had one spin, and my daughter had one we got nada.
Old 10-01-02, 10:02 AM

Last night i was playing, and at 10:45 or thereabouts, a balloon was floating in acre A1, with a present tied to it... i chased it all the way to the pier down in acre e5 or whatever the bottom, right hand corner is... trying to hit it with the fishing pole, or my net.. i'll admit i didn't think of the net almost until it was too late... when it got to the ocean, it took off for the sky? What did I miss, does anyone know?
Old 10-01-02, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by K.K.DVDTalker
Last night i was playing, and at 10:45 or thereabouts, a balloon was floating in acre A1, with a present tied to it... i chased it all the way to the pier down in acre e5 or whatever the bottom, right hand corner is... trying to hit it with the fishing pole, or my net.. i'll admit i didn't think of the net almost until it was too late... when it got to the ocean, it took off for the sky? What did I miss, does anyone know?

Usually you chase them and the present will get stuck in a tree, you then just shake the tree and the present will fall out. I've never seen it make any difference trying to hit it with the net, it's always got lodged in a tree. All the ones I have found have been a piece of furniture.

Old 10-01-02, 10:45 AM

thanks edison... it didn't get stuck in any trees, it just took off...
Old 10-01-02, 12:27 PM

Originally posted by K.K.DVDTalker
I saw it also last night! I was in a conversation with fashion stylist Gracie when it floated by. By the time the conversation with her was done I couldn't find it!
Old 10-01-02, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't like Gracie. I couldn't wash her car fast enough even though it was raining! Damn giraffe.
Old 10-01-02, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had like 15 chances and just barely won all three things. A white queen which was worth 25K or so but doesn't fit with my stuff, a fancy dresser of some sort and a pop machine. Then I walked out and dug up... yep, a pop machine. Was kinda silly.

~Scheherazade
Old 10-01-02, 03:01 PM

I didn't win anything, and neither did my wife. We each had one chance apiece. This month I'm going to try and rack up as many tickets as possible.
Old 10-01-02, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I usually buy everything I can from Nook in the hopes that he'll upgrade again. I also like to have an extensive catalog for trading. Money seems easy enough to get between fishing in the ocean and my islander's voracious appetite.

~Scheherazade
Old 10-01-02, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Excuse me, I'm about to complain some more.

I want a damm_islander. They seem like a nice little pet.
Old 10-01-02, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I have a quick question. I'm like most who dont' have the game, and keep monitoring this board, very interested.

My question is, do you have to play a lot of time, each day to really have any fun, or get any of the items? I'm unable to play everyday for sure, and when I do play, only prob will have about an hour max at a time. Is that enough to enjoy the game? Wanted to hear what you guys thought, since it seems to be a pretty addictive game
Old 10-01-02, 03:29 PM

The game is meant to be played only a little bit each day. An hour here and there is certainly enough to get stuff done, and things change from day to day so it's always a different experience.

Not playing every day won't hurt anything, you can still get full enjoyment from the game. But you'll be tempted. I read a post on another message board from a guy who was taking the Gamecube on his honeymoon so that he and his fiancee wouldn't miss Sow Joan on Sunday.
Old 10-01-02, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Man... now that'll be a happy couple.
Old 10-01-02, 04:23 PM
My Generosity Is Legendary

Originally posted by jdpatri
I don't like Gracie. I couldn't wash her car fast enough even though it was raining! Damn giraffe.
I regressed to my Track & Field days in the arcade, and got a pretty cool shirt (Pulse).

SpaceBoy
No, you don't need to play a lot. As I mentioned in the other thread, my girlfriend doesn't play often and still does quite well. If you play a lot, there's more opportunity (only because of the time you put into it) to make bells and pay off your debts quicker or get an item today instead of 2 days from now. That's about it from my POV.
However, it IS addicting and you may find yourself saying "I'll play 15 minutes." and an hour later you're still fishing.
Old 10-01-02, 05:02 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
My Raffle had an NES Game, a Plant, and a Chess peice. I won third place...being the NES Game! It was Tennis however...
Old 10-01-02, 05:13 PM
zig

Every time I think I'm getting bored of this game.. I go to play it to see if there's anything interesting going on.. and before I know it 2 hours have passed by.. sheesh.
Old 10-01-02, 05:18 PM

I doubt there is any way to get the Grab Bag back from the letter from Nintendo is there? My only pet peeve is when wanting to give something away or do a trade or even get rid of mail is that there is no "Are you sure?" prompy. Hence.. I have no grab bag and no 2 games. I accidentally got rid of it in another letter I had transfered it to. I have no NES games now. Never even knew I had them.
Old 10-01-02, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think that you can buy them from Nook for 3000. I have all of the ones that I have come accross in my catalog at Tom's.

Sam
Old 10-01-02, 05:33 PM

I haven't come across any yet. For sale, Found or Given in trade. *sigh*
Old 10-01-02, 05:34 PM

Originally posted by Tigger
I haven't come across any yet. For sale, Found or Given in trade. *sigh*
Also, When activating the NES games, is it displayed through the game on your GC or can only play via the GameBoy Advance?
Old 10-01-02, 05:44 PM
My Generosity Is Legendary

Originally posted by Tigger
I doubt there is any way to get the Grab Bag back from the letter from Nintendo is there? My only pet peeve is when wanting to give something away or do a trade or even get rid of mail is that there is no "Are you sure?" prompy. Hence.. I have no grab bag and no 2 games. I accidentally got rid of it in another letter I had transfered it to. I have no NES games now. Never even knew I had them.
I feel your pain. I went to another town to visit, flipped from aux to TV to watch TV, forgot to turn off my Cube, dozed off, and turned everything off when I awoke without saving! For those that don't know-if you don't save while you're out of your town, you loose everything in your possession.
Go to Nook's, select to look at your catalog and they should be there for order.

My raffle items at Nook's were: A White (Grand?) Piano, a picture of Nook(?), and a wood chair with red seating and backing.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.