DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Gamestop.com has PS2 network adapters IN STOCK. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/239525-gamestop-com-has-ps2-network-adapters-stock.html)

cartman 09-26-02 01:03 PM

Gamestop.com has PS2 network adapters IN STOCK.

Just some info for those still looking for them.

link

joshd2012 09-26-02 02:54 PM

Tempting, but shipping cost are probably a killer (if I remember correctly).

Gromit 09-26-02 03:01 PM

Be wary of that 'check store availability' feature.

I just read on another forum that someone called their local store after seeing that they had the NA in stock. Apparently it's really out of date and not accurate. The employee told this person that they should get 2 more shipments before Christmas but the shipments may consist of 1 NA. :(

MasterofDVD 09-26-02 11:21 PM

Originally posted by Gromit
The employee told this person that they should get 2 more shipments before Christmas but the shipments may consist of 1 NA. :(
You MUST be joking right?
If not that is just crazy. I paid 10.00 too much for mine but it was worth it since I couldn't find the stupid thing locally except for Toys "R" Us.
I just can't believe a shipment might be 1 friggin adapter. Simply amazing or a gross error on the part of the store clerk.

Gromit 09-27-02 06:46 AM

Originally posted by MasterofDVD
You MUST be joking right?
If not that is just crazy. I paid 10.00 too much for mine but it was worth it since I couldn't find the stupid thing locally except for Toys "R" Us.
I just can't believe a shipment might be 1 friggin adapter. Simply amazing or a gross error on the part of the store clerk.

Could be a mistake by the clerk, that's just what the person who posted said they were told.

I think a lot of this is intentional by Sony. It keeps the servers from getting swamped and adds fuel to the supply vs demand fire.

I can't imagine what would prevent Sony from being able to crank these things out by the truckload.

mljones99 09-27-02 10:22 AM

The Best Buy in the University area of Charlotte got in a shipment today. THey had about 20 on the shelf. I was told earlier by an employee that it would be about a month before they got more (taht was 3 days ago). But I was next door getting my paycheck and decided to stop in and waste sometime and there they were so I picked up one.

Nefarious 09-27-02 11:08 AM

How hard can it be to freaking manufacture these things. I get kinda tired of Sony dribbling things like this out in order to create a consumer "frenzy".

That or they are trying to control the number of possible online players until the third party providers can get an idea of the loads they'll be dealing with.

I still think it's a joke how hard these are to find.