Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Halo cheating online

Old 09-25-02, 10:45 AM

Halo cheating online

Has anyone noticed cheating going on in Halo online? In some cases I notice that I get killed with 1 or 2 shots by way of the pistol over and over again.

Now I realize that if you shoot someone in the head they die faster but sometimes it just gets silly. Even when I'm juking and jumping around I'm dead in 2 seconds. I know it's not the sniper either because there are no bullet trails. Is there some sort of auto-aim hack going around?
Old 09-25-02, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I doubt there is cheating... You would be suprised to know how good some people really are at playing these games.

One example for me is how good the top players of Warcraft 3 are, they are just THAT good
Old 09-25-02, 11:33 AM

I used to think that with tribes back in the day.

.....It's all about the head shots!
Old 09-25-02, 02:39 PM

It's like that in every game, you always have the group who is basically considered the 'upper' class and who can kick you a** without trying... The problem is that with so much cheating happening, it's hard to say who is cheating and who is not, we're all paranoid.

My example is America's Army : Operations... I see people with 15-20 kills to 1-2 death and first thing I always think is 'Did people figure out a way to cheat?'. This is even though I have screen captures of my kills being higher than the other 9 members of my team put together and have gone without dying... cheating made me so bloody paranoid now I see cheaters wherever I go.
Old 09-25-02, 02:51 PM

I've been doing some reading in the hacker newsgroups and came across cheating involving a module plugging into the DVD-video converter slot and another type that is available for adding between the control pad and the box itself.

Don't know if it's true but you never know.
Old 09-25-02, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by [email protected]
I've been doing some reading in the hacker newsgroups and came across cheating involving a module plugging into the DVD-video converter slot and another type that is available for adding between the control pad and the box itself.

Don't know if it's true but you never know.
If someone's willing to go this far to cheat at Halo, then they deserve to have a high score.
Old 09-25-02, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If all the cheaters in the world were castrated, we could be living in a Utopia in just a couple generations.
Old 09-25-02, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Aghama
If all the cheaters in the world were castrated, we could be living in a Utopia in just a couple generations.
That's assuming "cheating" is related to DNA and is a trait that can be passed down to generations.
Old 09-25-02, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Well, how hard would it to hack into your xbox and add a wall cheat?

A bit hard if you ask me. I figure they are just sick. I doubt it's as easy to just download a file and cheat away on the xbox as it is on pc
Old 09-25-02, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Trigger
That's assuming "cheating" is related to DNA and is a trait that can be passed down to generations.
That's my theory. At the very least, cheaters deserve the castration.
Old 09-25-02, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Jackskeleton

I figure they are just sick.
But constant head shots when you're jumping all around would be a pretty incredible feat with a mouse, even for the best players on a LAN. But with an analog stick and over the internet?
Old 09-25-02, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I must agree with you there aghama, mouse I can understand, it would be like a person using the look up/down keyboard buttons and keyboard for movement actually winning at any game

unless they set it just right at the perfect level/targetting for a perfect head shot then it would be tough.
Old 09-25-02, 08:28 PM

There supposedly are cheaters on Halo. Look for people with more than two weapons and people that seem to teleport around or shoot thru their backs.

It would actually be relatively easy to create a cheat program on xbox right now because you need a computer that picks up the packets local halo packets, encapsulate them and send them over the internet. If this PC is just sitting there picking up the packets donít you think it would be relatively easy to also modify the packets before they are sent out? And by modification I mean changing that shot that would have hit your leg into a head shot.
Old 09-25-02, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't ........

How can you cheat at halo? That's nonsense!!

I was recently at the National Halo Championship and yes people can drop you with only two shots! I did that too and it's not hard. That hand gun is very dangerous. It may seem simple but very efficient.
The shotgun is also very dangerous at short range. I can drop anyone with one shot up close and I know other people will do the same so be warned when Halo comes online.

There are very dangerous people out there.

Last edited by kar10; 09-25-02 at 09:57 PM.
Old 09-26-02, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

In any game you play there will be sick arse mofo's playing. Look at quake III.. I dare not play some lan games because of it..

but I don't see how you can really create a cheat to the system. I dunno.
Old 09-26-02, 11:17 AM

You can cheat if you are playing over xbconnect or gamespy by the method I described above.
Old 09-26-02, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's possible that the people you are playing against are really that good. For instance, one time I was playing a game of Halo with 3 other friends - 4 player split-screen. It was a free-for-all, and at the end of the game, I had more than 80 kills while the other guys had around 10-15 kills each. Clearly they couldn't accuse me of cheating because we were playing on the same Xbox in the same room. And the thing is, I've played against other people (also in split-screen mode) who are much, much better than me too.
Old 09-26-02, 04:44 PM

Yes I agree that some people are that good.

But when people have more than two weapons you know for sure that they are cheating.
Old 09-26-02, 10:39 PM

id ont know some people spend all day playing these games, dont know how and why, but some people have madd skill!!
Old 09-30-02, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Originally posted by Aghama
Unfortunately, this is not in and of itself an effective option, since the individuals in question likely will never be in a position to procreate anyway.