Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Most Regrettable Moment in Your Gaming History?

Old 09-24-02, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Most Regrettable Moment in Your Gaming History?

Maybe I'm the only one... (if I am, I'm sure you people will tell me!) but often I look back and wish I hadn't sold a certain system or game, or not given up on a game before I had played it to its conclusion.

Way back in the day, I go so frustrated with Super Mario Bros 3 that I swore I'd never play it again. I had beaten Super Mario Bros 1 and 2 with relative ease but the third was kicking my arse.

I kept my promise and when I sold my Nintendo (also regrettable) to indulge my newfound love with the Sega Genesis, along with it when SMB3.

Now that I'm immersed in SMSunshine I wish I could say I had beaten all the rest of the Marios but alas.... I cannot...
Old 09-24-02, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wish I had not traded Metal Slug 1 US Neo Geo Cart for a Neo CD + games....

MS1 US is worth over $1000 now.
Old 09-24-02, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Buying the Sega CD & 32X.
Old 09-24-02, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Selling my N64. I only played Mario once through and I didn't even get any of the Zeldas.
Old 09-24-02, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Selling Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy III, and Secret of Mana many years ago.
Old 09-24-02, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Not finishing the Zelda's
Old 09-24-02, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

E.T. for the 2600.

Easily.
Old 09-24-02, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by brianluvdvd
Buying the Sega CD & 32X.
That is exactly what i was going to say....i think i owned maybe a total of 4 or 5 games between those two systems. What a bust
Old 09-24-02, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sega CD is awesome.

Here are some great games:
Sonic CD
Dark Wizard
Lunar 1
Lunar 2
Popful Mail
Heart of Alien
Eternal Champions
Soul Star
Robo Aleste
NHL 94
Snatcher

I am sure I am forgetting some, but there are quite a few games on the system that's worth owning.

32X, on the other hand....
Old 09-24-02, 02:24 PM

I wish I never bought the N64 it was a waste of money.
Old 09-24-02, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh yes...i almost forgot about my Atari LYNX that was going to be the coolest hand-held out there.....i still have that thing somewhere. Any takers on it???? I think i have like 5 games or something....
Old 09-24-02, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by DJ_Longfellow
Oh yes...i almost forgot about my Atari LYNX that was going to be the coolest hand-held out there.....i still have that thing somewhere. Any takers on it???? I think i have like 5 games or something....

California Games was hours of enjoyment... The Lynx kicked GB's a$$ when it came out...
Old 09-24-02, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

- Trading Zelda(gold NES cart) for Super C when I was a little kid
- Walking past the top-load NES systems that were on clearance in stores in the early-mid 90's and saying "my front-load works just fine, don't need one of those"
- Buying an Atari Lynx over a Game Gear
- Recently buying Revolution X for the Playstation to rejoice in the days I played it in the arcade - There was no rejoicing, as this is by far the sh*ttiest PSX game I have ever owned
- Passing up boxes of NES games at garage sales that were hella cheap and had games like Final Fantasy in them, because I wasn't a fan of RPG's at the time
- Asking for the Power Glove for Christmas way back when it was released. Biggest POS EVER
- Buying a 32X

I still have all systems and games I ever bought, and they all still work. I'm too attached to get rid of this stuff, sucky or not.......
Old 09-24-02, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Lastblade
Sega CD is awesome.

Here are some great games:
Sonic CD
Dark Wizard
Lunar 1
Lunar 2
Popful Mail
Heart of Alien
Eternal Champions
Soul Star
Robo Aleste
NHL 94
Snatcher

I am sure I am forgetting some, but there are quite a few games on the system that's worth owning.

32X, on the other hand....
I agree, i loved the Sega CD. As a matter of fact one of my regtrettable moments was when i sold my Sega CD along with all my games. But about 2 years ago i bought one on Ebay along with the 2 games i loved, Dracula Unleashed and Night Trap.
But besides that i have to say that saving up to buy a Panasonic 3DO was a total mistake, that system was the worse.
I also regret not passing any of the Ninja Gaiden games for NES, i loved those games to death but never could pass them.
Old 09-24-02, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by neiname
California Games was hours of enjoyment... The Lynx kicked GB's a$$ when it came out...
2 (kinda) words:

S.T.U.N Runner
Old 09-24-02, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i have two:

1) trading legend of zelda for a power pad (that mat you ran on)
2) i never used the "up up down down left right left right ba start" code to try and beat contra (although I guess I didn't really need it )
Old 09-24-02, 03:23 PM

-Lending my Gran Turismo and Metal Gear Solid games to a friend. I got them back scratched badly and unplayable. Spent a lot of money on them.
-Getting the N64, only have 5 games for it but barely ever touch the system. Had to get the 32 MB(or was it 4 MB?) for it to be able to play Majora's Mask.
-Lending a PS memory card to another friend where I had BOF 3 save on it and he deleted it to save his game. I can't bear to play through BOF 3 again and I was near the end!
-Getting FIFA 97 and Command and Conquer for the PS.
Old 09-24-02, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Throwing out my Atari 2600 & 5200 and cartridges for both to make space when I had kids a couple of years ago. Wish I had ebayed them.
Old 09-24-02, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Importing a Dreamcast from Japan on it's initial roll out... price paid: $699.99

-k
###
Old 09-24-02, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Keyser wins, game over.
Old 09-24-02, 05:05 PM

Originally posted by DJ_Longfellow
I would actually be interested for a fair price if it is in working order.. email me [email protected]
Old 09-24-02, 05:08 PM
Banned

Originally posted by zelebron

-Lending a PS memory card to another friend where I had BOF 3 save on it and he deleted it to save his game. I can't bear to play through BOF 3 again and I was near the end!
It happened to me with FFX. My friend saved over my file. I couldn't bear to start over so I sold my game.
Old 09-24-02, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Letting that monster kiss me in Space Quest 1 then saving over the old save games and having to start over from the begining.
Old 09-24-02, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Not holding on to all my systems, especially my Saturn w/Nights, Panzer Dragoon II, Gaurdian Heroes etc..My Odyessey 2 with those cool board/video game hybrids (Quest for the Rings was soooooo KEWL, not to mention KC Munchkin!!!)

I sold or traded away each (I've held on to my DC though)one to get the latest greatest system(withe exception of my Genesis which I traded for a new Guitar).
Old 09-24-02, 05:46 PM

Buying Sega Saturn, then Dreamcast! Arg! Never again will I buy a Sega system...

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.