DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Xbox 2003 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/238733-xbox-2003-a.html)

Ralph Wiggum 09-23-02 01:21 AM

Xbox 2003

What are the AAA Xbox exclusives next year?

I'm already interested in Ninja Gaiden, Halo 2 and Panzer Dragoon Orta.

goLUCKY 09-23-02 09:57 AM

AAA X-clusives

B.C.
Ninja Gaiden
Dead Or Alive 4
Brute Force

namja 09-23-02 10:13 AM

The other thread was locked due to bad content. Please continue this discussion in this thread.

Trigger 09-23-02 11:25 AM

Fine... Xbox has no exclusives or AAA games.

darkside 09-23-02 03:25 PM

Originally posted by Trigger

They're not all exclusive, but might as well be since no other console offers DD5.1... that right there is enough for me to consider all games exclusive.

Funniest thing I've read all day.

Not going to argue what is AAA and what is not. Most of those games have potential to be very good.

Panzer Dragoon Orta and Ninja Gaiden are the two I'm most looking forward to next year. I think those two have the potential to be classics.

outcastja 09-23-02 03:54 PM

I thought Auto Modellista was a PS2 exclusive. I don't recall hearing that it will also appear on the Xbox.

joltaddict 09-23-02 09:42 PM

Originally posted by namja
The other thread was locked due to bad content. Please continue this discussion in this thread.
Ahh home sweet home. Its good to be back. :lol:

spainlinx0 09-23-02 10:30 PM

These kinds of threads would be a lot more interesting if instead of copying and pasting 20 titles, you would instead list maybe 2 or 3 titles and why you consider them to be a must-buy in your opinion. When I see those lists, my eyes just glaze over and go to the next post.

Trigger 09-23-02 11:26 PM

There... I edited my post to satisfy the needs of spainlinx and darkside... hope that helps. :up:

darkside 09-24-02 01:42 AM

Originally posted by Trigger
There... I edited my post to satisfy the needs of spainlinx and darkside... hope that helps. :up:
I wasn't questioning your game choices. I just thought your DD 5.1 comment was very funny.

Gallant Pig 09-24-02 02:00 AM

Originally posted by darkside
I wasn't questioning your game choices. I just thought your DD 5.1 comment was very funny.
What's funny about it? Having 5.1 audio is fantastic in some games. PS2 mainly does pro-logic (and rarely DTS) and GCN mainly does pro-logic (and rarely pro-logic 2). That's a nice advantage if you ask me.

Get Me Coffee 09-24-02 07:41 AM

Do you need special cables to get out DD5.1? My Halo always plays in Pro-logic!

Adam Tyner 09-24-02 08:00 AM

White Knight: You need an optical cable, a receiver that supports DD 5.1, and either the Advanced or HD pack (presumably there are some third party packs that also have an optical-out, but I don't know anything about 'em).

Get Me Coffee 09-24-02 08:01 AM

Thanks man!

Lastblade 09-24-02 08:14 AM

If and when I get an xbox, Panzer Dragoon Orta is a must buy.

I have all the Panzer Dragoons for the Saturn, they are really great/atmospheric games. The best being the last, Panzer Dragoon Saga. It isn't a shooter like the other PD's or Orta, but it is the most fun I have had with a RPG for a long long time. It kicks the crap out of any of the PSX/Square long and boring RPGs.

spainlinx0 09-24-02 08:30 PM

I wasn't making my comment to say that XBox has no exclusive titles. I own and love my Xbox and am awaiting games such as Panzer Dragoon Orta, but I was just saying that throwing a list of 20 exclusive games up on the screen with nothing said about them, or even whether you are planning on picking them up, doesn't add anything in my opinion. If I'm wrong well then let other people say so and I won't say it again.

Richard Cranium 09-24-02 11:30 PM

Originally posted by Gallant Pig
What's funny about it? Having 5.1 audio is fantastic in some games. PS2 mainly does pro-logic (and rarely DTS) and GCN mainly does pro-logic (and rarely pro-logic 2). That's a nice advantage if you ask me.
not if the game smokes monkey pole it isnt:)