Reload this Page >

What are your 5 favorite GBA titles?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 09-23-02, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just picked up the GBA w/Super Mario Advanced 2 and Advance Wars. What are some of your "must have" games?"
Old 09-23-02, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts
I don't know of 5 "must-haves" yet, myself.
I like THPS3. Namco Museum gets a lot of play because it's so fun to just pick up and play. I hear the new Castlevania HOD game is great, and on sale this week at BB.

I'm looking forward to Yoshi's Island, which comes out tomorrow. Anyone heard anything about this title yet?
Old 09-23-02, 10:00 AM

Yeah, Yoshi's Island is the port of the SNES game Super Mario World 2. It will be just like the SNES version I'm sure, which means it will rule all!

If you are into wrestling at all. I suggest picking up Fire Pro Wreslting, you can get it at FuncoLand for $9.99. Golden Sun is a must have as well!
Old 09-23-02, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Here's my list in no specific order!

Super Mario World
Tony Hawk 3
Advance Wars
Golden Sun
Yugio
Old 09-23-02, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the replies.
Old 09-23-02, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Man, the GBA has a ton of great games...

Haven't played the new Castlevania, but Castlevania: Circle of the Moon is only 20 bucks and was a great game (in fact, I'm playing it now). The new one is supposed to be even better...

Tactics Ogre might still be a bit hard to fine, but is a great strategy rpg game, very similar to Final Fantasy Tactics.

If you like wrestling games, Firepro wrestling is great, and can be had for 15 bucks or less. Very, very deep game, much deeper, in fact, than any domestic console game. Hundreds of moves, customizable wrestlers, and they even have miscolored American wrestlers (so they don't get sued). In fact, I see someone else already recommended this, for only 10 bucks!

Advance Wars and SMA2: Super Mario World are both great pickups... yoshi's Island, coming out this week, will be on sale for only 25 bucks, if you liked that game.

The other day I saw a poster for a Phantasy Star collection for GBA... that's gonna be great. Other rpgs that are pretty good include Golden Sun, Breath of Fire 1 and 2, Megaman battle network 1 and 2, etc. And don't forget the regular GBC Zelda Oracle games.
Old 09-23-02, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Awesome post Fuji. Thanks for the info.
Old 09-24-02, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Only five? OK, but seems a bit limited.

Advance Wars - Excellent strategy title. Challenging and fun, and can keep you going for hours. Also, great for multiplay if you have the chance.

Tactics Ogre - Top-notch here as well. As mentioned, strategy-RPG. Very absorbing, nice unit variety with plenty of ways to go about the battles. I am still finding new things about my characters.

Super Mario World - The SNES classic. Some complained it was too easy or needed something extra, but I like it how it is and think this is a perfect port. Definately one to replay time and again.

Golden Sun - Just when it really got started, it was over, but the ride to the end was amazing. One to play again a few times, as I loved pretty much everything there.

Castlevania - CotM - Castlevania as a handheld. Despite some complaints of a "too dark" game, I found it to be almost perfect )some areas are TOO dark) with great action and variety. Some challenging bosses as well and lots to find. If FedEx would hurry up, I could sink my teeth into HoD now.

There are certainly other titles I love and play, especially many of the updated classics and such.

Also, there's some good ones on the horizon to watch for, so plenty to choose from. (Contra, Metroid, Golden Sun 2, SMA3, etc.)
Old 09-24-02, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Both Castlevania games are awesome (CC had it on sale for $22.99 last weekend). Play Circle of the Moon first though b/c once you start playing Harmony of Dissonance you may not want to go back!

Tactics Ogre is also a great game if you can find it!
Old 09-24-02, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Pac-Man Collection
Mr Driller 2
Mr Driller A
Castlevania: COTM
Castlevania: HOD