DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Such an expensive month I had to sell my favorite game. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/238396-such-expensive-month-i-had-sell-my-favorite-game.html)

darkside 09-21-02 08:24 AM

Such an expensive month I had to sell my favorite game.

I've spent so much over my budget the last couple of months on DVDs and Video Games (not to mention a new Sony Palm) that I had to sell off a couple of my babies on Ebay to fund it.

Panzer Dragoon Saga and Shinning Force III have been put on the auction block. I kept saying I would never sell them, but since I haven't felt like replaying them in a long time I finally broke down and did it. I guess my Working Designs stuff for the Sega CD will probably be next. Heck I might even break down and sell Snatcher. :(

I just don't have time anymore to go back and play some of the classics. I will miss Panzer Dragoon Saga the most.

SteveOVig 09-21-02 09:29 AM

In the end you'll probably end up regretting it. It's not worth it. What happens when these new games that you're buying with that money get old and you'll feel like selling them?

zig 09-21-02 12:01 PM

I hate selling games. Even when I haven't played the game in months or even a year or so sometimes.. the day after I sell it.. I want to play it.

darkside 09-21-02 12:46 PM

Originally posted by zig
I hate selling games. Even when I haven't played the game in months or even a year or so sometimes.. the day after I sell it.. I want to play it.
Thats happened to me time and again.

Shockingly, Shining Force III already sold at the buy it now price I put of $75. Didn't think I would do that well on it. So if PDS goes for the normal $125-$150 it usually goes for on Ebay I will be caught up for awhile and I can at least hold on to my other old games.

sniper308 09-21-02 02:19 PM

I don't know, I always sell my stuff off to get new, due to limited space & time. I don't find it to be a problem. If I had more time to spend on gaming then maybe it would be an issue, but I find it better to sell the stuff off while it is still worth something.

Decker 09-21-02 09:47 PM

Well, it sure is an expensive time. Have you ever seen so many high-profile games get released in such a short window?
In less than two weeks, we see the release of Animal Crossing, Starfox Adventure, Castlevania HOD, Yoshi's Island, Kingdom Hearts and Sly Cooper (and that's not even mentioning any Xbox or PC titles). How is any devoted gamer supposed to keep up?

Keyser Soze 09-21-02 11:11 PM

Sorry <B>()darkside()</b>.

:(

PDS was one of my fav games too. I'd of bought it off you, but I'm about to sell my last import white saturn-mpeg unit.

-k
###

JaxComet 09-22-02 10:32 AM

Once I beat them, they're gone. I have no love for old games... :D