Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Will you buy Starfox Adventures?

Old 09-21-02, 04:26 AM

Will you buy Starfox Adventures?

The super-delayed GCN game is only 2 days away. Will you be one of the many people purchasing this game? what are your expectations? what have you heard about this game?

Personally, i can't wait. Star Fox is the kind of platform game that i really enjoy - the kind that focuses on gameplay, not meadering about collecting coins (a complaint leveled at SMS). The variety of gameplay is also something i'm looking forward to - shooting, driving, flying, and platform action. Also, the graphics look awesome.
Old 09-21-02, 04:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Jeez. Time flies. I'm pretty psyched for this one. I'm going to wait for the reviews to make sure there are no unpleasant surprises, though.
Old 09-21-02, 04:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I will not. Why? not to thread crap or anything, but star fox should be in the sky.. not the land.. fighting dino's.. that is for another game. I want Fox Flying in the sky.
Old 09-21-02, 05:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Only if it turns out to be drastically different from all the Rare platform games on N64.

I will rent it though.
Old 09-21-02, 05:18 AM

Nah, I'm passing on this one.
Old 09-21-02, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

No, I'm really not excited about this game. Its a title I may check out later when its $20 or something, but I have no interest now.
Old 09-21-02, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i'm going to hold off until i see a review, but i'm pretty excited about it. if it gets a 9 from multiple sites and it sounds like its not a short game (over 20 hours or so) then i'm going to pick it up.
Old 09-21-02, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Anyone play the store demo? I thought it was pretty lame. That suprised me a lot.
Old 09-21-02, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Decker
Anyone play the store demo? I thought it was pretty lame. That suprised me a lot.
I thouht it was lacking something... all I could do in the demo (on the ice level) was co0llect gems... was I missing something... only played like 5 mins before I let some other wide eyed kid play.

I'm gonna pass for awhile. My next purchase: A pre-order Mario Party 4... Oct 24th!
Old 09-21-02, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Like many, I'm fence sitting until the reviews come in. I've heard too many sketchy things about it.
Old 09-21-02, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

EGM reviewed it. Two people gave it 9 or above I believe. 1 gave it a 4.5... Said it was to redundant with the likes of past Rare games...

Hmm...

I won't be buying it as I refuse to support the evil that is MS.
Old 09-21-02, 12:03 PM
zig

On the graphics side of things, this game looks very very nice from what I've seen.

But the gameplay side.. well.. let's just say I'm waiting for a few more reviews to decide if I want to buy it.

Oh.. and the EGM scores were 8.5, 4.5, 9.0

"SFA looks great, but its fresh visuals are quickly spoiled by the same-old collect-a-bunch-of-items-ad-nauseum gameplay Rare's recycled for years. Dino Planet's inhabitants
can't seem to do a darn thing by themselves (no wonder they were so easily enslaved). SFA's boring, tension-less story doesn't help matters either, and the lack of help for puzzles makes them more frustrating than fun. Not even the flying bits save this from mediocrity-they're too short and
feel tacked on. And why the hell do I have to hear the same Slippy/Peppy/Gen. Pepper babble in every submenu, every time I access it? Skip this adventure and wait for Zelda" - Score 4.5
Old 09-21-02, 01:18 PM

I'll probably buy it, but I'm going to wait for more reviews before deciding for sure. I'll at least rent it no matter what, since I've never played a Rare game I didn't like.
Old 09-21-02, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'll probably get it later on unless it ends up being a sucky game. I've got SMS and AC to keep me busy for a while.
Old 09-21-02, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'll probably rent it.
Old 09-21-02, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ive got my preorder for it, me loves my starfox, i just hope its not sucky
Old 09-21-02, 05:55 PM

Hmmm, is it just me or does the artwork and style of star fox look alot like jet force gemini for ye ol 64. Now i'm not saying graphically star fox looks the same as jet force, just that the colors and style it was drawn in and such looks really similar. But anywayz, that was really off topic, but I think I would have to say no to star fox. Never really liked the starfox universe in general and wasn't really that big a fan of rare's ol adventure games....though may pick it up if it really kicks butt cuz i gotta feed my cube something more than mario.
Old 09-21-02, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Im passing. I might buy this later at $20 or so, but I have Animal Crossing and SMS, and I have no reason to get another game.
Old 09-21-02, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Just FYI : Entertainment Weekly gave it an A in the new issue, but their marks tend to be all over the place (SMS got a B, so did Animal Crossing, Mark of Kri got an A). Anyway, a positive review is a postive review.
Old 09-21-02, 07:05 PM

well i got a free 50$ so i already bought it from eb, and i think it looks pretty kool
Old 09-21-02, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

NO!

I'm sick of adventure type games. This game looks kinda boring too. I think I might break down and buy an XBOX! I want to play Halo! The new EGM had a story about Halo 2...which sold me... FINALLY!
Old 09-22-02, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

that review disparity is a pretty big difference in scores, is RARE losing their magic touch? I was hoping this game would be spectacular considering its been in developtment since the N64 days. I think I'm gonna wait for some more reviews and rent it first, I haven't played the demo, but there's way too many games coming out this month for my limited funds.
Old 09-22-02, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll pick it up used once it hits 39.99 or less.... (maybe).
No rush for me... as their are many other games I'd rather be playing now.

-k
###
Old 09-22-02, 03:07 AM

If I had a gamecube.... NO! It looks stupid
Old 09-22-02, 03:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I hear it's a lot like Zelda:OOT as far as gameplay. I'm pretty excited about it, and it's one I'm planning to buy. But Rare has missed a couple of times, so I'm just waiting out the reviews.

If I only had a gamecube, I'd have pre-ordered this, but I've got two consoles, which means I shouldn't have to play any games that are less than great (Shove yer Sly Cooper. I've'a got Mario!).

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.