DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   SOCOM - Clan practice tonight (9/20) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/238308-socom-clan-practice-tonight-9-20-a.html)

caiman 09-20-02 06:55 PM

SOCOM - Clan practice tonight (9/20)

I stated this in the other thread, but wanted to post a thread to gain more participants. Tonight (Friday September 20th), I will start a DVDTalk room on US Central so we can practice. My name is VIC VEGA, and I will have the room up at 8:00 central time (about one hour from the time of this posting). The name of the room will be DVDTalk - Spec Otts, and it will be in US Central. If you don't find it there, it will be in US Central 1. Hope to see you all there.

cartman 09-20-02 08:04 PM

Well, I got a Network Adapter yesterday, now all I've got to do is find a copy of SOCOM... :(

ScandalUMD 09-20-02 08:14 PM

I'm looking. don't see it

caiman 09-20-02 08:49 PM

I waited for about ten minutes, but no one showed. I guess Friday night isnt a very good time. We'll have to try it again some other night.

Lethal Nemesis 09-21-02 12:39 AM

I just got mine tonight. I still need to set it up, but once I do, I'll join as well.

MasterofDVD 09-21-02 01:08 AM

I need to find a group of nightowls or people who are free on Tues & Wed. :)

My SOCOM will be here by Monday so I'm gonna keep an eye out for these types of threads.

s}{ammer 09-21-02 10:22 AM

UPS tracking says mine is in town so I expect it today. I'll play a couple single player to get a hang on it and be ready to go online tonight. Anyone up for a game if it does make in in today?

MonkeyG 09-21-02 01:11 PM

Having a hard time locating a network adapter otherwise I would join your clan practice. Any online stores have them in stock right now? Most places seem to expect them early next month.

cartman 09-21-02 01:29 PM

All righty, I got a copy today. My online name is OfficerCartman.

Lethal Nemesis 09-21-02 02:33 PM

I can't log on to the SOCOM servers. Does my NA have to be registered with SCEA Consumer Services before I can log on?

jw2299 09-21-02 02:46 PM

I know it's saturday night and all, but I'll start a DVDTALK room on the US CENTRAL server at 7:00pm Central time. As always if it's not on the main central server look for it on central 1 or 2. Hope to see some people there!

jw (socom name: Angry J)

MasterofDVD 09-21-02 09:02 PM

GOOD GAWD

I order from DVDEmpire shipped at noon yesterday and it's here today. :)

Wow. I guess they ship from a location like two exits down from me on the PA turnpike. I never expected it this fast.

I'm gonna go practice. Just not sure if I dare go online just yet.

boston george 09-21-02 09:49 PM

Damn! I just logged on, but your room was already gone. Oh well. Anybody from the clan wanna play Mon. or tues.? I work nights but those are my nights off.

Alvis 09-21-02 10:05 PM

I have opened a room in US Central 1 called DVD Talk and I will keep it open for a little while.

MasterofDVD 09-21-02 10:51 PM

Sorry I sucked so bad but it sure was fun to play online.

I just have a question:
Was the sound turned off for the match or was my stuff not working? I was in another game before I found ours and the sound worked. Then when I was in the DVD Talk game there was no sound.

I need to practice more but it was fun.

Oh.....how do I join a clan? I have yet to read the book which I know I should do. Practice wouldn't hurt either huh?

Alvis 09-21-02 10:56 PM

Originally posted by MasterofDVD
Sorry I sucked so bad but it sure was fun to play online.

I just have a question:
Was the sound turned off for the match or was my stuff not working? I was in another game before I found ours and the sound worked. Then when I was in the DVD Talk game there was no sound.

I need to practice more but it was fun.

Oh.....how do I join a clan? I have yet to read the book which I know I should do. Practice wouldn't hurt either huh?

I don't know about the sound. However, in one round I played in another game, both myself and the other team were invulnerable to each other's guns. Weird.

MasterofDVD 09-21-02 11:02 PM

Originally posted by boston george
Damn! I just logged on, but your room was already gone. Oh well. Anybody from the clan wanna play Mon. or tues.? I work nights but those are my nights off.
I'm off all day on Tuesday and I would love the practice. I keep all my messaging services on all the time when I'm home. If you feel like a game just send me a message or e-mail me.

This sound thing is bugging me. I think I'm gonna read the book and mess around with the options a bit.

vbellino 09-21-02 11:19 PM

I had game sound....but the chat feature was not working.

MasterofDVD 09-21-02 11:25 PM

Yeah that's right.
I heard sound but when I hit O and turned on the radio function it didn't allow me to talk to my team.

Hmmmm interesting

Lethal Nemesis 09-22-02 02:03 AM

I finally got the damn thing up and running. Anybody here right now? :)

ScandalUMD 09-22-02 02:29 AM

I am, actually.

ivelostr2 09-22-02 03:59 AM

post here for our next practice, I would love to be there

MasterofDVD 09-22-02 04:18 AM

Got the sound thing all worked out. It sure isn't used to work out any type of plan so far. Mainly used to tease others about how they died.

Alvis 09-22-02 09:02 AM

Originally posted by MasterofDVD
Got the sound thing all worked out. It sure isn't used to work out any type of plan so far. Mainly used to tease others about how they died.
How did you work it out? So far, I haven't had anyone talked to me and I haven't talked to anybody.

Lethal Nemesis 09-22-02 04:50 PM

This thing IS addicting! I stayed up 'til 4 a.m. last night playing this game. Let me know when you guys want to practice.