DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   No One Lives Forever 2 DEMO (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/237475-no-one-lives-forever-2-demo.html)

Trigger 09-17-02 06:10 PM

No One Lives Forever 2 DEMO

It's out now - here's a link to fileshack:

http://www.fileshack.com/file_download.x?fid=1098#

It's 158MB and it's the first game using Monolith's new version of the LithTech engine. It is a vast improvement over previous versions and this game should rawk. What little I saw at E3 had my mouth watering. I'm really excited and I am in line to download as we speak. :)

Flay 09-17-02 06:18 PM

Fileshack is always good during heavy download times. 25% at 84 kb/sec on the New York server. 23 minutes to go.

The demo is supposed to be very cool. 4 levels.

DVDKrayzie 09-17-02 06:23 PM

too..many...games, can't ...keep...up

i havent even found all the shines in mario yet, and i still have mafia, 1942, onimusha 2 and SMB2 unopened. Then theres UT2003 demo, animal crossing, kingdom hearts, AND castlevania all come out today as well. wish i still was in high school, there's just not enough time anymore

Jackskeleton 09-17-02 06:26 PM

whats the name of the file.. so I can use file plantes back door. ;)

Aghama 09-17-02 06:34 PM

While I wasn't as enamored with the first one as most were, it was a pretty fun and clever game. With the additional of the hot ninja babes, this one should be good play too.

Trigger 09-17-02 06:42 PM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
whats the name of the file.. so I can use file plantes back door. ;)
I'll tell you if you tell me how to use fileplanet's backdoor. ;) email [email protected]

Jackskeleton 09-17-02 07:10 PM

why e-mail when it's simply at an island. ;) ;)

Trigger 09-17-02 07:49 PM

Gotcha... si_nolf2_demo.exe

Anyway - the game... Holy cow. It's awesome. :D See my grin from ear to ear?

It's like NOLF but with an Asian theme. It's NOLF meets James Bond meets Shenmue meets Shinobi meets Metal Gear. The water effects are spectacular. The graphics are breathtaking as well... it's got the same feel of the original, but times 10. The shadows aren't real-time, but the reflections are and even though the shadows are faked, it looks great. :up:

Icculus 09-17-02 08:06 PM

I downloaded it from 3d gamers, I was getting around 150k/second. So far it's really cool (I died early :blush:) but I can only hear some of the voices, I'll have to see if I can play around and get it to work.

SpacemanSpiff 09-17-02 08:41 PM

Originally posted by Trigger
I'll tell you if you tell me how to use fileplanet's backdoor. ;) email [email protected]
same here
[email protected] plz

RalphWiggum 09-18-02 07:54 AM

The sites mentioned were getting completly hammered when I tried to d/l it, so I tried Sierra's NOLF 2 site. It took about 50 minutes to d/l. Just another option for those being shut-out elsewhere.

El-Kabong 09-18-02 11:43 AM

Re: No One Lives Forever 2 DEMO

Originally posted by Trigger
It's out now - here's a link to fileshack:

http://www.fileshack.com/file_download.x?fid=1098#

It's 158MB and it's the first game using Monolith's new version of the LithTech engine. It is a vast improvement over previous versions and this game should rawk. What little I saw at E3 had my mouth watering. I'm really excited and I am in line to download as we speak. :)

You'll hate me, but I had a chance to check out the final version of the game (or at least the nearly final version) a couple of days ago.

Sadly my NDA forbids me from saying anything more than that. :)

Trigger 09-18-02 01:56 PM

Why would I hate you? :confused:

El-Kabong 09-18-02 02:20 PM

Well, because I know all about the game, but I cant tell you about it? Because I'm in here taunting you with the fact that I know all about the game but cant tell you about it? Because. . . . um, my feet smell?

Trigger 09-18-02 02:23 PM

:lol: (points) Smelly feet, smelly feet! (dances around)

Between this demo and what I saw and heard about at E3, I know enough to wet my appetite for this game. I'll surely be buying it. If you know something I don't know then keep it a secret cuz I wanna be surprised. :) Just tell me one thing... does Kate get nekkid? ;)

mwestep 09-18-02 11:51 PM

w00t, this game is pretty sweet. i never played the first one, but this one rocks. its fun sneaking around and hiding, it gives it some more atmosphere. just wish i had a faster computer to play it on.. just a duron 800 with an original radeon 64mb vivo... :(

joshd2012 09-19-02 09:41 AM

My computer won't play this demo. Guess it might be time to upgrade.

bdshort 09-19-02 11:26 AM

Hmm... will this run on a P3 733 with a GeForce 2 card and 256 megs of ram? What with 2.4 ghz machines out now, I am beginning to wonder what will run on my machine anymore, since I haven't played any games since around the time that Dungeon Siege came out.

Brian

RalphWiggum 09-19-02 06:01 PM

I played the first demo level last night with high settings. I couldn't believe that it was still so smooth on my system. I have a T'bird 1GHz, 384 MB SDRAM, and a Radeon 7500.

Jackskeleton 09-19-02 07:41 PM

Nice game. the look is amazing. and the weapons are a change from what I'm used to (war and basic death match) I would be interested in the full game if I have extra time.