DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Update: Zelda on track for February 2003 release (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/237315-update-zelda-track-february-2003-release.html)

Get Me Coffee 09-17-02 07:45 AM

the cel-shaded Zelda game isn't coming 'til NEXT Summer ...

News Article: Zelda Delayed?
News Date: 09/16/2002
Source: Nintendo.com
Link: http://www.nintendo.com/games/gamepa...d=823&showMe=1
Bad news from Nintendo's website, the cel-shaded Zelda game isn't coming 'til NEXT Summer ...

While the game was just confirmed for release in December of 2002 for the Japan market, the game has seemingly been delayed until June, 2003 in the North American market.

We're still waiting for offical word of the delay from Nintendo, and it's possible that this is out-of-date information. However, it wouldn't be the first time a localization project with a great deal of text took six months or more. Animal Crossing's localization was a nine-month job, but Animal Crossing has much more text than a Zelda title.

We'll have more information as we get it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looky, Looky What did you except Nintendo to release a game on the first target release date, or second, maybe third?

Before they announce a date Nintendo really needs to measure it better. I've grown very tired with Nintendo's crappy delays.

Groucho 09-17-02 07:51 AM

I clicked your link, and it says Q1 2003, which is not summer.

One thing I noticed however, is that Link wears GREEN in this game. Once again, Nintendo tries to cram ENVIRONMENTALISM down our throats. Cancelling my pre-order.

jeffdsmith 09-17-02 07:55 AM

waste of bandwidth...

Get Me Coffee 09-17-02 07:57 AM

http://planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=3413

^Source

Groucho,
ALso I noticed that the game doesn't promote any community service attributes? Wonder if Link goes to Jail and/or cleans anything?

Get Me Coffee 09-17-02 07:58 AM

Originally posted by jeffdsmith
waste of bandwidth...
No, that was a waste of bandwidth ;)

Get Me Coffee 09-17-02 08:09 AM

Zelda Delayed Again?
By: Kevin Roland
aka supercharged7128

SOURCE: Nintendo

http://www.game2extreme.com/news/art...?articleid=654

September 17, 2002 - After a little scurrying around at Nintendo's site. I found out that Zelda's release date has been changed! From Quarter 1 to Quarter 2! It hasn't been announced but here is the link. This is very scary news people. Being delayed once is enough to handle, but now twice! If this is true then will the Japeneese version be delayed also? Will the North American version have added effects? Only time will tell. From now until then only this picture can describe my feelings.

focker 09-17-02 08:32 AM

The actual Nintendo links all say Q1 or Feb., 2003. It doesn't say it's delayed on Nintendo's site at the link you have or the links any of these sites have up. What the hell are they talking about?

Groucho 09-17-02 08:39 AM

Originally posted by White Knight
September 17, 2002 - After a little scurrying around at Nintendo's site. I found out that Zelda's release date has been changed!
Translation: "After noticing that Planetgamecube was running this story, I thought I'd post it on my webpage too."

Liver&Onions 09-17-02 09:18 AM

Originally posted by Groucho
Translation: "After noticing that Planetgamecube was running this story, I thought I'd post it on my webpage too."
rotfl @ :eyebrow:

diacritic 09-17-02 09:24 AM

Originally posted by White Knight
If this is true then will the Japeneese version be delayed also? Will the North American version have added effects? Only time will tell. From now until then only this picture can describe my feelings.
How different is the Japeneese version from the Japanese version?

Do the Japeneese speak a different language? Are they a cult? An African tribe?

tenaciousdave 09-17-02 09:25 AM

I bet the ones complaining about the delays were the first ones who said "What did they do to the graphics!"

I hate the delay too. Anyone remember how Zelda 2:Adventure of Link got pushed back 2 years? That sucked!

Groucho 09-17-02 09:31 AM

Originally posted by tenaciousdave
I bet the ones complaining about the delays were the first ones who said "What did they do to the graphics!"
:lol: "The food here is terrible...and such small portions!"

Zodo 09-17-02 10:07 AM

Well, what text would be in japanese? If there's not very much, then why not just import the Dec. 02 Jap. version (assuming you've got a modded cube)?

Goldberg74 09-17-02 10:33 AM

Groucho... haven't the mods put you on parole or something yet? I ' m thinking that you need a sentence of 30 days in the Feedback Forum, and 100 hours of community service, cleaning out threads in the OTter Farm.

But on a side note, I can wait for Zelda, my plate's pretty full now anyways... I'm still trying to get through SMS and am having the darndest time trying to find the final part for the street sweeper attachment for Yoshi.

lesterlong 09-17-02 10:36 AM

Originally posted by Groucho
I clicked your link, and it says Q1 2003, which is not summer.

One thing I noticed however, is that Link wears GREEN in this game. Once again, Nintendo tries to cram ENVIRONMENTALISM down our throats. Cancelling my pre-order.

As I recall Link wore many different outfits in the past and I believe most of them were green. However if you feel the need to cancel your pre-order because of what you claim is Nintendo trying to cram environmentalism down our throats than so be it. This is another ridiculous post that I wasted my time responding to. Thank you for reading goodnight.

Adam Tyner 09-17-02 10:52 AM

Originally posted by lesterlong
This is another ridiculous post that I wasted my time responding to. Thank you for reading goodnight.
It's a joke. You haven't kept up on Eclipse's series of rants in the recent 'Super Mario Sunshine' thread.

Aghama 09-17-02 11:22 AM

Final Update: According to our Nintendo sources, Zelda is still on track for a February release. From what we've been told, Zelda is a lot further along than most believe, and could actually make the February release.

-----------

Non-story.

Gallant Pig 09-17-02 11:38 AM

I dunno Aghama, for now it's not delayed, but don't the words "could actually" scare you especially since it's Nintendo we are talking about?

IC_Freeze 09-17-02 11:40 AM

things arent looking good for nintendo

Groucho 09-17-02 11:44 AM

Originally posted by IC_Freeze
things arent looking good for nintendo
Huh? Why not?

Aghama 09-17-02 11:46 AM

Originally posted by Gallant Pig
I dunno Aghama, for now it's not delayed, but don't the words "could actually" scare you especially since it's Nintendo we are talking about?
No, it sounds to me like Planetgamecube is trying to make themselves look a little better for reporting bogus news.

namja 09-17-02 01:47 PM

Pending more news from Nintendo, the thread title has been changed.

namja
Moderator, DVD Talk

Get Me Coffee 09-17-02 02:12 PM

If this game is indeed on track for Feb 03 were all very luck!

Adam Tyner 09-25-02 09:34 AM

<a href="http://thalagar.home.mindspring.com/zelda2.mov">Give this a gander.</a> More stuff on GameSpot.