DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Thanks to Spankyj, an XBox Live Beta Kit will be mine soon. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/237255-thanks-spankyj-xbox-live-beta-kit-will-mine-soon.html)

Flay 09-16-02 09:14 PM

Thanks to Spankyj, an XBox Live Beta Kit will be mine soon.

Spankyj was kind enough to send me his XBox Live Beta invitation since he doesn't own a XBox anymore.

So hopefully, my Kit will ship tommorrow and be on my doorstep by Thursday. Anyway, I very excited and will hopefully get the gamertag I want. I will post intial impressions of the service when I have had time to play it extensively.

A big thank you goes out to Spankyj. I really appreciate it.

Tamrok 09-16-02 09:23 PM

Congratulations Flay! I would love to hear your impressions whenever you can post them. Hopefully, I'll be joining you in a couple weeks. :)

Gallant Pig 09-16-02 09:37 PM

I'm interested in hearing about the voice communicator vs. the one that comes with SOCOM. Also is the mic constantly live over the net or is it only if you push a button to say something?

Tamrok 09-16-02 09:39 PM

Originally posted by Gallant Pig
I'm interested in hearing about the voice communicator vs. the one that comes with SOCOM. Also is the mic constantly live over the net or is it only if you push a button to say something?
From what I understand, it's a hot mic unless you push the mute button on the controller.

Gallant Pig 09-16-02 09:42 PM

Originally posted by Tamrok
From what I understand, it's a hot mic unless you push the mute button on the controller.
Thanks, interesting.

Comes in handy for something like Ghost Recon where you don't have to screw around with the button to talk, but then again, I'll really have to watch what I say!! :)

Trigger 09-16-02 10:01 PM

I heard different - I thought it was the white and black buttons are for speak to all or speak to your team only. Maybe it depends on the game you're playing. That would suck if it was a hot mic because then you would hear everyone breathing and the network would be congested.

Tamrok 09-16-02 10:17 PM

Originally posted by Trigger
I heard different - I thought it was the white and black buttons are for speak to all or speak to your team only. Maybe it depends on the game you're playing. That would suck if it was a hot mic because then you would hear everyone breathing and the network would be congested.
Could be different for different games. I believe it was a preview for one of the online football games where they mentioned it was a hot mic unless you muted it. I've never played it myself so I can't say for sure.

spankyj 09-17-02 09:08 AM

Flay - I could not in good conscious neglect my fellow DVD talker, escpecially considering all of the work you put in to make Xbox owners aware of future releases, news, etc. Keep up the good work!

goLUCKY 09-17-02 09:32 AM

That is true, there is only one mute button! You hear all the people in a given game, unless you specifically mute them on your friends list. You can mute yourself while still listening to them.

Some people talk during the whole game, and some say just a couple of words. All in all it's pretty neat. ;)

Gamertag=goLUCKY
-lucky

finbogg 09-17-02 09:59 AM

AWWWWWW!

I want one!

/me sulks

Armando 09-17-02 11:09 AM

Can you guys give us the restrictions on the gamertags?

How many chars min/max?
Can we use spaces/symbols?

Thanks

tygloalex 09-17-02 11:41 AM

Great job Spankyj, it's cool to see other ppl hook each other up. Specially Flay, he's been good to this forum :up: to both of you.

Gallant Pig 09-17-02 01:41 PM

Can you see who is talking like with some sort of icon?

goLUCKY 09-17-02 02:08 PM

There is a screen that has a speaker icon next to the gamer tag. So you can figure out who's talking, but you can't see it during the game. :(

Some of the voice maskings are very annoying. I would say that 90% of the people use a decent voice masking (deep voice), or none at all!

One funny note, is that I was "trying" to talk to this guy while playing re-volt. I told him that I could not understand him, so he turned off his voice masking. His accent was so bad (he stated that he was from Vietnam) that I could barely understand him with no v.masking. :lol: It struck me as funny!