Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Animal Crossing Strategy & Discussion (renamed)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Animal Crossing Strategy & Discussion (renamed)

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-02, 03:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Aghama
It's not a bag of money for every piece of fruit. You have to fatten your islander up before s/he craps out a money bag.

It's a pretty annoying minigame honestly, considering how long it takes to get to and from the island. One thing you can do to make it less so is to plant fruit trees on the island.
In order to maximize the money you can make on each trip, load up on letters first. These can be any letters - written to animals, to the museum, or simply old letters. Just make sure that your letter inventory is full. Grab all the fruit you can find and drop every item you can spare. Attach fruit to the letters to give you room for more fruit in your inventory.

Some fruits the islanders like - some they don't. If they don't like a certain type of fruit you bring over, don't take that fruit again.

Also, as previously noted, it does help to plant some trees on the island. You can also plant coconuts on in your main town. However, they seem to only grow near the beach.
Old 09-21-02, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Keyser Soze
I could be wrong, but I think the name has to be under 5 letters, and the towns name is under 6 letters.
My name on the game is darkside. So it can be more than 5 letters.
Old 09-21-02, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Scheherazade
Okay, silly question. I just got the game and I can't seem to be able to type in a name for myself more than 5 letters long? I've seen people with at least 6, anyone have any idea what I may be doing wrong?

~Scheherazade
You might have done the same stupid ass thing I did and accidentally inserted a bunch of spaces before your name.
Old 09-21-02, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If anyone is interested in changing their town's music, here's a version of the Imperial March I came up with:

E-E-E-B-
GE-B-GE-

(all in the lower octave)

Last edited by Aghama; 09-21-02 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-21-02, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Aghama
If anyone is interested in changing their town's music, here's a good one I came up with:

E-E-E-B-
GE-B-GE-

(all in the lower octave)
I like it. I was getting tired of the old music.

BTW, anyone having this problem. I let my wife and son play and now we are having trouble finding time for all of us to play.

If my wife takes all the fruit from the trees again I'm thinking about a divorce.

Last edited by darkside; 09-21-02 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-21-02, 12:58 PM

How are people deciding what items to keep and what to sell? I have gotten some strange things from the digging them up or from other people and not sure what to do with them. I got a large, animated version of the stump you talk to outside your door that I drop and it just bobs around.. And some other objects that seem to have no use.. I wonder if they are just decorations for if I ever get a larger house!

Great game, really addicting.
Old 09-21-02, 01:18 PM

Originally posted by mljones99
Getting a little off the animal crossing topic, but do you know if the keyboard will work with the gameshark like PS2 usb keyboard does? I am thinking about getting this from amazon.co.jp but only if it can be used with more than just PSO and Animal Crossing. I really hate inputing code for the GameShark using a controller.
As far as I know, the Gameshark isn't out yet, so I guess it's wait and see.
Old 09-21-02, 01:41 PM
zig

Originally posted by RCL66
How are people deciding what items to keep and what to sell? I have gotten some strange things from the digging them up or from other people and not sure what to do with them. I got a large, animated version of the stump you talk to outside your door that I drop and it just bobs around.. And some other objects that seem to have no use.. I wonder if they are just decorations for if I ever get a larger house!

Great game, really addicting.
Thoise *oids(stromboids, lullaboids, gongoids, etc) will make noise, and after you get a few, it starts to resemble music.. although usually I just sell them I pretty much sell everything that won't fit in in my house, and I have no other use for.. but it's good to keep some stuff in your pockets, because if you go around and talk to the animals, once in a while they'll ask you if you want to trade what you have for something else.. which can be interesting at least
Old 09-21-02, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by alexkat
As far as I know, the Gameshark isn't out yet, so I guess it's wait and see.
Yeah, its slated for release on like the 23rd or 24th. I just thought maybe someone had heard something or seen the specs.
Old 09-21-02, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, my letter problem was that I somehow put in a bunch of spaces. Seems the limit on everything is 8 letters. I got some pitfalls, and the animal told me not to bury them cuz they can be a nuisance to the other animals. Anyone messed with one of these yet and seen what they do?

I've gotten some pretty odd things too... moon rover anyone? I figure they're just to scatter around your house for show. The moon rover took up two blocks though so I sold it, hehe.

~Scheherazade
Old 09-21-02, 04:02 PM
zig

Originally posted by Scheherazade
Yeah, my letter problem was that I somehow put in a bunch of spaces. Seems the limit on everything is 8 letters. I got some pitfalls, and the animal told me not to bury them cuz they can be a nuisance to the other animals. Anyone messed with one of these yet and seen what they do?
I buried one then walked over it.. basically you just get stuck in the ground for about 15 seconds. Kinda funny.
Old 09-21-02, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just checked the Harvest Moon. Make sure to talk to the mayor.

As far ar writing letters. I seem to only have one animal that writes back. I send him a letter with a present and he always writes back and sends something. The rest don't. Today he sent me an apple, so I planted it. Hopefully it will grow and I will have apples to go with my Cherries and Oranges.

BTW, this is a very good game. Probably the best $50 I've spent. At least as good of a game in its own way as Mario Sunshine.
Old 09-21-02, 07:04 PM

This game just sounds bizarre. It does have me curious though. Maybe I'll rent it.
Old 09-21-02, 07:07 PM

Originally posted by darkside
Just checked the Harvest Moon. Make sure to talk to the mayor.

As far ar writing letters. I seem to only have one animal that writes back. I send him a letter with a present and he always writes back and sends something. The rest don't. Today he sent me an apple, so I planted it. Hopefully it will grow and I will have apples to go with my Cherries and Oranges.
Yeah, definitely talk to the mayor. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with
Spoiler:
the moon
though. I'm thinking about taking it to my island and putting it in my vacation house.

I guess I've been lucky in the letter department. All of the animals I write always send me a letter (and present) in return.

I love this game. The only thing that is a minor inconvenience is how you interact with your character on the island. It takes a good 45 seconds to get to your island (one-way), and Kapp'n seems to always sing the same three songs. Oh well, like I said - just a minor annoyance for a fantastic game.
Old 09-21-02, 08:06 PM

SMB Song

If anyone wants a familiar town tune, try this one out.

EE-EzCEz
G-zzG--z

The - means to hold the note, and the z denotes a rest. All the notes are in the lower octive except the first G of the second line.

Last edited by BartleyR7; 09-21-02 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-21-02, 08:30 PM

Originally posted by BartleyR7
Yeah, definitely talk to the mayor. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with
Spoiler:
the moon
though. I'm thinking about taking it to my island and putting it in my vacation house.

I sold mine to Tom Nook for 8000 bells!
Old 09-21-02, 08:31 PM
zig

Re: SMB Song

Originally posted by BartleyR7
If anyone wants a familiar town tune, try this one out.

EE-EzCEz
G-zzG--z

The - means to hold the note, and the z denotes a rest. All the notes are in the lower octive.
That's great! Although the first G on the second line is the higher octave G
Old 09-21-02, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts
Here's a question from a newbie... when do I get my NES games? I just started today, but finished all of Tom's quests, and racked up about 5000 bells. I got a letter from nintendo, but it just has a grab bag attached, which I can't figure out what to do with.
Old 09-21-02, 08:34 PM

Re: Re: SMB Song

Originally posted by zig
That's great! Although the first G on the second line is the higher octave G
Thanks! I updated the post. I tried to work out the Zelda theme, but there aren't any sharps/flats available. I know this would have complicated the song writing feature, but I think it would have been nice to include the option.
Old 09-21-02, 09:08 PM

>Here's a question from a newbie... when do I get my NES games?<

You need to go into your inventory, and select the letter and then select PRESENT. Then grab the present and carry it to your inventory spaces and OPEN it.
Old 09-21-02, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally posted by RCL66
>Here's a question from a newbie... when do I get my NES games?<

You need to go into your inventory, and select the letter and then select PRESENT. Then grab the present and carry it to your inventory spaces and OPEN it.
I did that... all I got was something called a "grab bag" that looked like a white and red bag with japanese writing on it.
Old 09-21-02, 09:18 PM

Did you select and open it? I think you have to be outside to open it as well.
Old 09-21-02, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Finally met KK Slider. Got him to play KK Lullabye and KK Cruisin.
Old 09-21-02, 09:33 PM
zig

Originally posted by darkside
Finally met KK Slider. Got him to play KK Lullabye and KK Cruisin.
How'd you get him to play 2 songs?
Old 09-21-02, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post
Okay... one of the animals just gave me something called "pitfall" and its icon is a white ball w/ a explanation point in the middle of it.

What use does it have... it doesn't seem to do anything?!?!

-k
###

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.