Black Hawk down DEMO OUT :)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-02, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.fileplanet.com/files/110000/112917.shtml

One game I have been looking forward to. lets see how long the wait is to download and if it's good solid game play.
Old 09-13-02, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

can't wait to try it
Old 09-13-02, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Is this the same Delta Force version of BHD?
Old 09-13-02, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm getting it from Gigex now since UT2003 is taking time (reserved it on that Kontiki crap on Gamespot).

My pc is so full of Spyware... but Gigex is great, it's fast and there is hardly never a wait (only time I had to wait was for AA:O)

Yes Trigger, I believe it is.
Old 09-13-02, 05:40 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

I wouldn't waste your time with Black Hawk if you already played the Beta.

Not much has changed.
Old 09-13-02, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Eh - it's okay... Delta Force has always been a really good tactical shooter for those who don't want to get so involved... they just have never really blown me away. I'm gonna play some more, but right now Battlefield seems more fun.
Old 09-13-02, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

God, its horrible! I played a couple of minutes and detested it
Old 09-13-02, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I wouldn't say it's horrible, but it's not quite awesome - a little tweaking with the controls and it'll be fun. Delta Force games haven't ever been "must have" games, but I've enjoyed all of them so far.
Old 09-14-02, 04:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
It's a decent game. the thing that makes it lag... WAY to big area's to work with and with very little distinction to say who's who and so forth. the only difference between your team and the other is black outfits to camo outfits.. Am I missing something? did Black hawk down center around two forces equally matched? Nope. where are the "terrorist" in a sense? where are all the somalian war lords? and with the night battle.. it makes the red team impossible to see pretty much. night gear is great. but man, the map is just way to big and with your group all spread out and no real middle to the levels to get routed to, your just going in circles. the map size looks like it would better fit a 50 on 50 game instead of the 16 on 16 that is pretty much there.

One thing Battlefield has way up on this game.. You can control the vehicles to get from point A to Point B. here you have to sit along for the ride on it's cycle if you want a lift. which is sucky considering the map size. it's a demo. it is pretty good. but it sure needs a lot of fixing, and it also needs to re-think how big the maps should really be.
Old 09-14-02, 04:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah - those "going along for the ride" vehicles are pretty stupid. This Delta Force does seem a little more low budget than previous DF games. I like the size of the maps, but you're right - it doesn't really have much to do with the actual scenario.
Old 09-14-02, 04:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm sure the single player game will deal more on the event. Hopefully.
Old 09-14-02, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Ok after some major time playing this (it cracked me out of my battlefield cycle. ) I must say it has a good premiss and all, I was hooked on it with a local LAN game for a few hours. but theres a few things that just need to be fixed up

-Name tags. It might be cool to see all the name tags of my team mates through walls and all, but when it's a big game (32 players) your screen is full of them. yes you can replace them with lines, but still, all you get then is a screen full of lines. not to mention. positioning on a map would do for team mates. what we need is some enemy mapping. or at the very least Name tags on enemies as you see them to identify them as 1.) an enemy, 2.) by player name. this way, if I see some guy down the road, I can see who i'm capping by different colors on names

-Map is way to huge. I'm all for big go where you please maps, but this is way to big for the amount around. it needs to get some parts chopped off and it will still be a huge damn map.

-control of cars. If it's going to be huge. atleast let me get from one point to another easy. a car on a given route will not allow me to get to a position fast enough. they need to give you some option in where the car goes.

-Make the players different. an outfit change of just black and camo is not enough to seperate the teams. it really bugs me that it's two armed forces against each other. was it so hard to make new skins or a bigger list of "rebel" weapons to through in? it would have really made the game to have distinictive teams. one the warlords, the other delta force/rangers

lets see what gets fixed in the final.