DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Anyone recieve thier free TM:B (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/236184-anyone-recieve-thier-free-tm-b.html)

Zinc 09-11-02 08:54 PM

Anyone recieve thier free TM:B

Twisted Metal: Black, this is THE GAME I am waiting for to play my PS2 on-line. Has anyone gotten thier free copy back from Sony yet?

evenflow 09-11-02 09:26 PM

Nope. I sent the card the day after the release of the network adapter.

Decker 09-12-02 02:26 PM

What I can't understand is this : If the game is done (and apparently it is), why not just pack it with the damn adaptor anyway?

And BTW, I'm still waiting for my adaptor (supposedly to be shipped on 9/18 by EBWorld, we'll see...). So I'll be at the end of the line :(

Gallant Pig 09-12-02 02:33 PM

Too busy playing SOCOM.

Tamrok 09-12-02 03:05 PM

Originally posted by Decker
What I can't understand is this : If the game is done (and apparently it is), why not just pack it with the damn adaptor anyway?

Probably for the same reason that companies offer mail-in rebates instead of just lowering the price. Believe it or not, some people forget to mail it in thus saving the company money.

Gallant Pig 09-12-02 03:12 PM

Originally posted by Tamrok
Probably for the same reason that companies offer mail-in rebates instead of just lowering the price. Believe it or not, some people forget to mail it in thus saving the company money.
Not to mention it's a great way to collect data on the people who bought the NA.

RockyMtnBri 09-12-02 05:29 PM

And don't forget, it is a mature title.

qbert 09-12-02 05:32 PM

right on all accounts.

mrglass 09-29-02 07:58 PM

bumpity-bump

Has anyone received their copy?

outcastja 10-05-02 05:42 PM

I just got mine today.

s}{ammer 10-05-02 06:12 PM

got mine today, setup is a cinch and it is loads of fun. I didn't care too much for the single player game but the online version is loads of fun.

Gallant Pig 10-05-02 06:53 PM

Sucks there's not voice comm. like SOCOM though, I'd love to be do my "Candy Cane" impression being that big semi. :D

"Candy Cane..."

evenflow 10-05-02 07:06 PM

I got it on Thursday. Gameplay is amazingly fast.

s}{ammer 10-05-02 07:27 PM

GP, that would be very funny. I was very surprised to see that I do not suck at this game. I couldn't kill even one of the other cars in the single player game. I would die 3 times before any of the others lost their lives. Today though I was kicking some butt.

Gallant Pig 10-05-02 07:30 PM

Originally posted by s}{ammer
GP, that would be very funny. I was very surprised to see that I do not suck at this game. I couldn't kill even one of the other cars in the single player game. I would die 3 times before any of the others lost their lives. Today though I was kicking some butt.
That's cool, I got rid of the original version because of this coming out, and I sucked at it. The game would cheat like crazy and it was hard as hell. I wanted to get good so I could play well at the online version but it was too frustrating.

How is the lag factor?

s}{ammer 10-05-02 07:35 PM

haven't had any yet. Candy Cane, isn't that from that movie about the trucker stalking the two stupid guys?

Gallant Pig 10-05-02 07:40 PM

Originally posted by s}{ammer
haven't had any yet. Candy Cane, isn't that from that movie about the trucker stalking the two stupid guys?
Good to know, I'm a little worried about the mixing of BB and dialup. Hopefully it won't be too much of a problem.

Yeah that's from Joy Ride.

Candy Cane? Hey anybody know a Candy Cane?

s}{ammer 10-05-02 07:45 PM

joy ride, that's it. I love that movie. I didn't have any issues with lag and I played for about 2 hours off and on with my son doing another hour or so.

outcastja 10-05-02 10:50 PM

Did they change some of the levels? I was playing the rooftops stage, and they removed another building or so.

s}{ammer 10-06-02 01:56 AM

never played the original enough to notice.

Gromit 10-06-02 10:34 AM

My copy arrived on Saturday, but it's not working.

I keep getting error messages stating that it can't write to the memory card (other games can though).

Once I get past that, I can see games but it won't connect to any. I get a network error.

I didn't like the single player game, but it sounds like others felt the same way but are enjoying the online version.

s}{ammer 10-06-02 10:48 AM

not sure about your network errors as I have not had any. do you have enough room on the memory card to store the data? The game is great since there are none of the cheating AI cars. :) single player sucked because you get in the game and lose all your lives before any of the other cars died once. Here you play the other people and there is no cheating AI.

jw2299 10-06-02 11:39 AM

I haven't recieved this yet.

Flay 10-06-02 11:54 AM

I'm still waiting for mine. 5 1/2 weeks and counting.

Gromit 10-06-02 05:08 PM

I have over 1 meg free on memory card #1. I'm going to try swapping my memory cards out and see if that helps.