DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Where can I get cheap Gameboy games online? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/236163-where-can-i-get-cheap-gameboy-games-online.html)

GatorDeb 09-11-02 05:56 PM

Where can I get cheap Gameboy games online?

I'm looking to stock up. All I have is Tetris color for my Gameboy Advance (so I can play anything).

BTW What's that Tetris clone that with a name like Klustar or something like that where you start with a little square and the pieces come from the sides of the screen and stick and when a square forms it disappears... played it and I'm hooked :) I'm looking for that and Uno most of all, and also Mario.

BTW to those following the other thread I made... I BEAT BOWSER #1... I feel liberated and want to keep going :) :D :)

Half.com and eBay are WAY too expensive with an average of $15 a used game.

Trigger 09-11-02 06:50 PM

half.com?

GatorDeb 09-11-02 06:53 PM

Read the last line of my post ;)

Trigger 09-11-02 07:00 PM

oh... what about ebay?

Trigger 09-11-02 07:01 PM

;) j/k... I don't know - there used to be switchouse.com and you could get games super cheap from sellers on there, but I think it's gone now. I don't know if spun.com deals in used gameboy games, but probably not and they're expensive anyway. Try a local EB or Gamestop in their used bin.

costanza187 09-12-02 06:36 AM

Ebay maybe...sometimes you can get cheap stuff there...sometimes

GatorDeb 09-12-02 07:15 AM

Ok, people, please.
NO EBAY.
NO HALF COM.

Gamecrazy and Gamestop want $15-$20 each. I'm looking $10 and under.

Ebgames expensive also.

Any others?

Trigger 09-12-02 07:52 AM

amazon's users sell used stuff sometimes... sometimes it's cheaper than at half and sometimes not. Try going to pawn shops.

Zodo 09-12-02 09:38 AM

I think if you're expecting to get all games for under 10 bucks, you're gonna be disappointed. Hell, I could say "tell me where to find all my Gamecube games for $5 bucks online". Does mean that it's possible...

$15 isn't really that bad. You can always rent games too, to see if you like them and want to spend that much...

Also, don't forget half.com has coupons every once in a while.

Aghama 09-12-02 09:48 AM

eBay really is the way to go, you just have to know what you're looking for and check a couple times a day. People often put retardedly low BIN prices...I should know, I made a small business out of it last year when EB was taking GB games to trade for GBA ones.

GatorDeb 09-12-02 11:02 PM

You're not going to tell me that Gameboy COLOR games for $10 is a stretch... this is not a brand-new system, after all.

outer-edge 09-12-02 11:56 PM

Originally posted by GatorDeb
You're not going to tell me that Gameboy COLOR games for $10 is a stretch... this is not a brand-new system, after all.
It depends, as new GBC games are being made. It is still a very popular platform.

Many big titles will not be cheap for a very long, such as Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, the Zeldas, etc.

Also, some titles are in demand and rare, so they will not go down either. Look at any old system, it happens to all of them.

Although, you should be able to run into a few deals although I have not seen them.

Trigger 09-13-02 12:00 AM

I'm with GD on this one - I don't think Gameboy games should cost more than 15 bucks new. 5 - 10 bucks used sounds fair to me.

MrSneis 09-14-02 12:50 AM

Gameboy advance should be 50 bucks, and games 20, screw this 70 dollar system and $30-40 games BS ~ get a super nintendo!