Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Elec Boutique employee benefits?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-02, 12:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Elec Boutique employee benefits?

I was thinking about picking up a part-time job there for the holidays; a store just opened about 100 yards from my apt! What kind of discounts to EB employees get on games? ANd I figured they can use my 20+ years of video game and system knowledge too

E
Old 09-10-02, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Elec Boutique employee benefits?

Originally posted by FlashStash
I was thinking about picking up a part-time job there for the holidays; a store just opened about 100 yards from my apt! What kind of discounts to EB employees get on games? ANd I figured they can use my 20+ years of video game and system knowledge too

E
Never worked in the store but friend told me its around 5-10% off but you would be able to borrow the used or possibly new games. Another benefit is when some idiot is returning valuable used dvds and games and does not realize it, ie trading in Salo and another dvd for Spiderman. I know its unlikely but it could happen.

NN
Old 09-10-02, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I worked at a EB 4 years ago, I think it was 10 or 15% Employee discount.
Old 09-10-02, 04:30 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

This may not be relavant as I worked there over 7 years ago but aside from whatever discount they offer there are other potential opportunites for discounts. We used to order directly from vendors at heavily discounted prices. Back then we could get Microsoft Office for $25 or so. Depending on the manager they may or may not make this known to every employee. I used to contact our reps and see if we could get some demos for product knowledge benefit. When I worked there there were lots of opportunities to do this and it added to the credibility of our staff. Also, the vendors at vendors shows would give out many demos and order forms for employees to order directly. Luckily our manager was not greedy and would share this benefit with us. Again, this may have changed but at the time it definately compensated for the lack of salary paid. Unfortunately, unless you want to be a manager or work for the home office it is really a hobby job which I think is what you are looking for.
Old 09-10-02, 04:35 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
It seems to me the perk that most EB Employees enjoy is being a lazy arrogant prick 8 hours a day...and getting paid for it.
Old 09-10-02, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Groucho
It seems to me the perk that most EB Employees enjoy is being a lazy arrogant prick 8 hours a day...and getting paid for it.
Woo Hoo!! I can finally get paid for using my natural, god given talents.
Old 09-10-02, 05:09 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Well that isn't limited to EB. Many retailers and even people in corporate america have those traits. If you have a problem with an employee at a particular store you should call there 800 number. When I was there it got back to the stores...Believe me! In todays economy businesses don't need anymore reasons to keep people from spending money at there stores. Especially ones that have many competitors.
Old 09-10-02, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10%, does NOT apply to systems, and at some stores they wont apply it to PC hardware either. It basically covers tax..
Old 09-10-02, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

you get a lot of chicks?