Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Kingdom Hearts

Old 09-10-02, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Kingdom Hearts

This game is almost here!! Anyone else picking this one up? Its out on 9/17 and will more than likely be my first purchase at work.
Old 09-10-02, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm really, really looking forward to this game! I can't wait I know only a little about it (from EGM, etc) but it's enough to be eagerly anticipating the title.
Old 09-10-02, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Its funny how the EGM reviewers in their opening statements admitted they didnt think this would be a good title, and by the end of their review they love it. I really cant wait for this game!
Old 09-10-02, 03:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Everyone I've talked to thinks this is going to be really dumb except for my 15 year old neighbor who has it preordered. I have a feeling this game will surprise them because it's probably pretty cool. I'll admit that the idea sounds really dumb to me, but for Final Fantasy fans, this title should be a no-brainer. There certainly seems to be alot of buzz about it.
Old 09-10-02, 04:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
at the basics, the concept sounds like it would be cheesy, psssh a "disney RPG" HA! something to laugh about, some would say. But man, from the looks of what I have seen, I can't wait. and hell it even has Halloween town. that makes me a happy happy boy.

hopefully jack stays in your party for a while.
Old 09-10-02, 05:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Trigger
Everyone I've talked to thinks this is going to be really dumb
I have to wonder sometimes about the people you know.

Anyway, I'm getting it. I love FF games and the reviews of this one have been very good. My seven year old also likes FF and Disney, so getting this is a no brainer. It will obviously have a kid appeal to it with the Disney characters, but its a solid RPG as well.
Old 09-10-02, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm not a Disney fan, but I'm looking forward to KH. It just seems like a neat concept.

There are too many games to play! NCAA 2003, Madden 2003, SOCOM and now Kingdom Hearts. I've already decided to to wait on Onimusha 2 and Sega GT. With all of the upcoming releases, it's about to get 'worse' too.
Old 09-10-02, 07:46 AM

I have played Kingdom Hearts and I have to say it is a great collaboration. i'm a big fan of Disney and its awesome because you get to explore in their worlds such as Wonderland and the Nightmare before christmas. voice acting is top notch. i'm not much of an RPG freak but this game is my candidate for top game of the year. alas, i have yet to finish the game because of Madden 2003, SOCOM, Onimusha 2 etc. I have played 20 hours so far. The ingame movies are awesome!
Old 09-10-02, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
at the basics, the concept sounds like it would be cheesy, psssh a "disney RPG" HA!
I thought that when I read about the Disney MMORPG, Toontown. After a few minutes, I was hooked on it.
Old 09-10-02, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The battles in this game are not turn based, from what I played its a lot like Zelda. You lock on and attack pressing X repeatedly. I do know what you can summon other characters to assist you in battle .
Old 09-10-02, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I plan on getting it, but I will probably wait a little while until I get it.

I'm too busy playing NCAA 2003, Mario Sunshine, Eternal Darkness, and now SOCOM. Oh the problems of having all three systems.
Old 09-10-02, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'll probably pick it up eventually, but Disney is obnoxious, the camera is apparently awful, flying between levels is a chore, and the game is as linear as FFX, which I still haven't bothered to beat.
Old 09-10-02, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by zero
The battles in this game are not turn based, from what I played its a lot like Zelda. You lock on and attack pressing X repeatedly. I do know what you can summon other characters to assist you in battle .
They are akin to Secret of Mana crossed with Brave Fencer Musashi.
Old 09-10-02, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by AgtFox
They are akin to Secret of Mana crossed with Brave Fencer Musashi.
You know Im probably going to take a beating for this but I've never played Brave Fencer..is it realy good?
Old 09-10-02, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

plan to get it. it was a good play (the little that played) i'll probably wait a bit though. maybe wait til the next perfered customer weekend at bb and get it.
Old 09-10-02, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You know Im probably going to take a beating for this but I've never played Brave Fencer..is it realy good?
It was a pretty good game. I honestly played right through it and never played it again. It was one of those games where Square played with something new (an all action RPG basically). I would say that KH shares more with Mana than Brave Fencer. Only reason I brought up Brave Fencer is that KH is very much an action game instead of a full-fledged FF-type RPG.
Old 09-10-02, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Beat down!!

just kidding, it was a pretty good game, not the best title but a fun little action title for its time. It had some nice music but horrendous voice acting, I wouldn't call it a must play but it was still decent, try it if you are looking for something to play and cant' find anything else.

I really want to pick up Kingdom Hearts at launch! I'm a huge fan of Square and Disney (their earlier stuff). Unfortunately SMS is taking me a lot longer to finish than I had anticipated and I wanted to finish that first...plus I don't have the cash for it yet. This game has been getting a lot of positive reveiws so I'm really excited!

Anyway here's the bold comment from the EGM reviewer for people who are still unsure about the game: "I strongly encourage all fans of FF to play this game, regardless of your feelings for Micky."
Old 09-10-02, 05:53 PM

I don't usually order my games online and would like to know if any of you know of any reputable sites that ship their games early. It'd be nice to be playing the game this coming weekend instead of having to wait until the following weekend.
Old 09-10-02, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Gamespot's review is up... http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories...879719,00.html

They gave it a pretty good review but I gotta say the game doesn't sound all that great.
Old 09-10-02, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Kellehair
Gamespot's review is up... http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories...879719,00.html

They gave it a pretty good review but I gotta say the game doesn't sound all that great.
Yeah it doesnt "sound" good, but I played it and liked it so therefore I will buy it .
Old 09-10-02, 09:26 PM

yes I too have battled a little with the game and the control is unbelievable as well. The battle system is just as Zero said(I'd know cause I stood beside him as he played.) And truthfully if you are an RPG fan and just plain don't like the sound of this game cause it has Disney then I'm sorry that you're going to miss out on an "epic adventure."
Old 09-10-02, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
it looks like a great game to me and I must find a way to fit it into my gaming schedule
Old 09-11-02, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Psyko Gamer
yes I too have battled a little with the game and the control is unbelievable as well. The battle system is just as Zero said(I'd know cause I stood beside him as he played.) And truthfully if you are an RPG fan and just plain don't like the sound of this game cause it has Disney then I'm sorry that you're going to miss out on an "epic adventure."
But there's so much STUFF this year. I've got Star Fox in a couple of weeks and GTA shortly after. I think I'll wait for Kingdom Hearts to go "Greatest Hits."
Old 09-11-02, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can't wait to get it, I've been wanting this game ever since I heard about it and seeing those trailers for it months ago just made it all the worse. Eeyore better make a cameo or I'm gonna be mad!

~Scheherazade
Old 09-11-02, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well just like everyone here i am Eagerly awaiting this title. Ever since i read about it a while back i was instantly interested and now that its almost near im anxious. Its funny also cuz lately ive been on a Disney "High" so to speak. Ive been helping my GF collect some Disney movies on DVD and ive got swallowed up in a Disney craze, so this game is coming at a perfect time! I just finished playing Onimusha 2 and although i thought it was a sweet game i was slightly dissapointed on how fast i finished it. I started playing it on a Saturday and finished it by Tuesday casually. I just started it again and already in 1 day im half way through. With Kingdom Hearts its seems like ill get some decent hours of gameplay in. I havent played it yet and if when i do it doesnt dissapoint, itll probalby be up there with my fav. PS2 games.

Last edited by thegame370; 09-11-02 at 02:41 AM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.