Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone interested in starting a AA:O clan?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 09-04-02, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blatent rip off of the SOCOM thread.
But its free and we all have PCs. Anybody want in?
Old 09-04-02, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find myself playing less and less, I don't know, seems like the number of players went down a lot.

I wish the Homelan servers would rotate maps... I only really play Insurgent (Can easily hold me own), Bridge (I dislike it) and Pipeline (Depends), I stay away from anything MILES and didn't try the ranger maps much so I don't know a lot.

I'm in though although I don't know how long the game will last. (I think it will be a flavor or the month deal).
Old 09-04-02, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I dunno, I pretty much suck at it. A BF1942 clan on the other hand...
Old 09-04-02, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think Im gonna have to DL 1942. Both you and Jack are giving it high marks.
Old 09-05-02, 07:52 AM

1942 isn't very smooth though, it has problems with the server browser, the gameplay, etc... I might get it after a few patches, but I doubt I'll be rushing to buy it on the release date.

I also find that quite a bit of it is unabalanced, you shoot the ground with a bazooka or your tank about 2 feet from someone and they live, it just flings them around a bit. I mean honestly, how can it take 2-3 rounds from a tank to kill 1 person, it would shred him to pieces.
Old 09-05-02, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A patch for the demo was released today which included improved server stability and support for ASE...but I've heard it causes some more problems. But the game is too much fun for me to wait, I can live with patches.

I find myself getting blasted by one shot from a tank all the time. And I'm hardly an expert on WWII, but from what I've read the rounds used in the Panzerschreck and M9A1 were used for their armor penetration qualities, and had a small blast radius.
Old 09-05-02, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,607 Likes on 1,006 Posts
My AA got horked with the last patch and I haven't re-installed. I did do the ranger training and the sniper training though.

I just have been way more interested in BF1942 lately.

Originally posted by Feneant
1942 isn't very smooth though, it has problems with the server browser, the gameplay, etc... I might get it after a few patches, but I doubt I'll be rushing to buy it on the release date.

I also find that quite a bit of it is unabalanced, you shoot the ground with a bazooka or your tank about 2 feet from someone and they live, it just flings them around a bit. I mean honestly, how can it take 2-3 rounds from a tank to kill 1 person, it would shred him to pieces.
Okay, gotta say something about this. I have a friend who bagged on the bazooka too.

I play anti-tank constantly. The reason the bazooka isn't more powerful against ground troops is because it is specifically designed to take out vehicles, and it does this very well. But if it also caused mass destruction to ground troops, why WOULDN'T someone always take the bazooka? I have gotten better at using it against infantry (chest shots, it's all about chest shots) but if I could kill infantry just by shooting the ground next to them, I would be unstoppable. As it is now the anti-tank is great for vehicle destruction, but lousy at killing infantry. Seems fairly balanced to me...

Last edited by Draven; 09-05-02 at 09:22 AM.
Old 09-05-02, 07:47 PM

Don't get me wrong, I can still easily get kills since I play a medic which is the best class IMO (I only play anti tank when there is a tank that needs blowing up). At this point, very few people can take out a good medic because most people waste their ammo while the medic heals himself up and kills them on the reload. Actually, medic is also the best class to handle the 50's in the tower, you last until a sniper takes you out (or the destroyer like they did to me last night... amazing shot that was). The problem is the people don't understand them, people see me when they have 50% hp and run away while I try to heal them. I actually played an engineer before, but I had to stop because people just didn't understand what I did, I got told to 'stop mining the f***ing roads' to our base?? and whenever I stopped to fix my vehicle, some idiot stole it or when they drove a smoking vehicle, they would not let me fix it so I was basically useless.

What I dislike though (before the patch, I didnt play after) was that you click to join a server, it says full, you have to reload the whole list, get full again, etc... then you get in a game, the server crashes or you hit escape, it takes about 30 seconds to close, then you get back to the server list where you click on a server, it asks you if you want to disconnect, then it takes more time, etc... I don't know, I just found that there are too many little things at this point that get on my nerves.

***and yes, I meant public

Who knows, I might still buy it, I am fairly good and will end in the medals at least once per 3 round matches (my best being 2 golds, 1 silver)... but I might just get the UT2K3 demo since it _should_ be out soon.
Old 09-05-02, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Right, with All Seeing Eye support joining a server shouldn't be a pain in the ass anymore. But you can't stop tards from being tards.