DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   socom voice commands not in list? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/233662-socom-voice-commands-not-list.html)

cowboy 08-31-02 01:06 PM

socom voice commands not in list?

does anyone know any more of the voice commands that may not be in the list that pops up when you press o?

I remember theres one for clearing a room, but I only used it once, and quickly forgot it.

Shimmer35 08-31-02 01:21 PM

I do not know the answer to your question but I did read that there are some "easter egg" type voice commands.

Has anyone else heard of that?

cowboy 08-31-02 02:50 PM

I think the clear room one I was talking about was "bravo bang clear". I'm not definate though. I'm guessing you can link together a bunch of those 2nd statements that end the command, like ambush.

djones6746 08-31-02 02:54 PM

I posted a thread further down the page regarding whether or not this game is linkable between two PS2 systems or is online multiplayer the only way that you can play with or against someone? :)

Zodiac_Speaking 08-31-02 04:14 PM

I think you mean Bravo Breach Bang Clear, cowboy.
I've said Bravo enable silencers, it worked twice, but seem to get it again.

cowboy 08-31-02 07:33 PM

is there any way to tell boomer to hold position? he always blows my cover.

s}{ammer 08-31-02 07:38 PM

What do you guys think of this game? I had cancelled my preorder and now I am wishing I hadn't. Is it worth the price or should I wait?

cowboy 09-01-02 04:06 AM

I love this game. offline, I've had some of the most fun ever. I played about 4 hours straight, taking turns with 2 friends. we just couldn't put this game down. it kept amazing us. everything is so detailed, sound, missions, setting. the voice command is so much fun to play with too. the AI is a little stupid sometimes, and it does get annoying at points, but the gameplay is top notch. the controls are also amazing. I can't beleive how well I can move my soldier now. zooming from 3rd person to 1st, then to night scope to scan around, the getting into position to snipe, then zooming again into snipe mode. lotsa fun stuff you can do.

I've had some of the best gaming experiences in my life online too. the last memorable game I played was super metroid, til now, nothing has topped it. halo was great, but still lacking compared to pc fps'. today, I was in a close range firefight with 2 teamates and 4 enemies. someone tossed a smoke grenade, then I heard over the headset, 'everyone regroup on the cliff'. we all ran while the other team was firing off into the smoke. when we got on the cliff, we had advantage and knocked a few guys out with a grenade. it was great. there are a few bad players online, but by the 4th or 5th match, they get the hang of the teamplay. I haven't encountered any brats that people talk about yet. I hope they don't ruin the experience.

s}{ammer 09-01-02 11:19 AM

sounds very good. How am I supposed to wait to get this?

jw2299 09-03-02 01:56 PM

I just started playing it last night. The voice command control was everything it was made out to be. It's very intuitive once you get the hang of it. I even realized that I mumbled a couple of commands and it recognized it perfectly. Once I get more used to the controls, watch out! :johnwoo: